ADDICTION: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
COMMUNITY
Lidocaine Patches Experience?
by Dpilot, Feb 15, 2007
Anybody have any experience with them "Lidocaine Patch 5%". It seems to be working and doesnt interfere with my subutex. It's supposed to be a local and not be able to get you high/addicted right?/wrong?
I cut them in strips and place them on my Knees and my shoulders that have been wrought with pain during my W/D. Matter of fact its the only problem I've had with W/D while on the subutex.  Man, That stuff "subutex/Suboxone" has beeen a god send compaired to the CT I've done before
Member Comments (2)
by jen66, Feb 15, 2007
I used to use the lidocaine patches but they didn't work for me. They didn't make me high at all but I have a very high tolerance so nothing makes me high. I'm just lucky I can get some relief w/the meds I'm on. I've never heard of anyone getting high from them but I guess it depends on the person. It's great that you're getting some relief w/them. Btw, what is subutex & what does it do? ((((hugz)))) Jen
by Dpilot, Feb 15, 2007
Subutex Is an opiate agonist which is used kinda like methadone to stop sithdrawl symptoms and taper off opiates. It is also mixed with an opiate antagonist and sold ad Subuxone Which blocks other opiates from working and is also used for withdrawl, and then because of its opiate blocking power, used for maintaince so that the person can take it in the morning and know that pills are not going to to anything for them, not take any other pills.  Keeps you from slipping in a moment of weakness.