Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Liver

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Liver

After two solid years of lortab addiction; about twenty 10/500mg
everyday. Does anyone think my liver is in bad shape.Should I have it checked? Im not a heavy drinker, maybe a couple beers a week.
Avatar n tn
I don't know much about it myself, but I believe the Hydrocodeine is worse than the alchohal. I couldn't see where it would hurt to have it checked out if you are that worried about it and ready to talk to your doctor about the hydro. You could always google it and see. I think one symptom of liver trouble is yellowing of the eyes (A sign of jaundice). Like I said though, I really don't know much about it, but I worry about that as well. My husband takes about 8 7.5 tabs a day, sometimes more, and has been for about a year now. I hope everything is ok. Keep us posted!
Avatar n tn
Taking 10,000 to 15,000 milligrams (10 to 15 grams) of acetaminophen in a period of 24 hours typically results in severe hepatotoxicity. The Acetaminophen is what is the main cause for concern and when taken with alcohol  the risk of fatal overdose due to hepatotoxicity can occur with significantly lower levels of APAP when mixed with ethanol. There are simple tests the doctors can do to test your liver functions and it is pretty routine if you don't want to tell your doc about your use but I would suggest you mention your concern so they can do all they can to test your liver. I can also tell you that I have pushed this way too far too many times and when I wake up the next morning I am probably very lucky to be alive.