Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
NEED REASSURANCE!!! PLEASE HELP!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

NEED REASSURANCE!!! PLEASE HELP!

Guys all my feeling from the first few worst days are back and they're hitting hard I need help please! Please help me! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Hang in there. And b r e a t h e. Just slow down and breathe. I can relate. We all can. Sometimes the bad feelings come back. Kind of like a wave. That's the only way I can describe.

Just like a wave it will go away. Promise. Can you tell me a little bit more on what's going on?? Is it emotional physical or both?? And how many days clean do you have??

Hugs and support.
It's all mental. I feel physically fine but I my mind is driving me crazy.
I feel like I think about stuff to much and I get really anxious that something "idk what" is wrong with me. I feel mental almost like I need to be taken to an institution. Pills can really mess with me this hard?
It's been about 12-13 days
Calm down.. It's been 62 days or me,, I to went threw mentally on day 12-14.. Go for a walk.. Play a word game something to distract your mind
Don't use no matter what. Possibly it's P.A.W.S., post acute withdrawal syndrome. WDs come back for a bit. But I saw where you're 12 days clean. Congratulations!! This is only a minor bump in the road to recovery that will be gone in a flash in time. You're going to be okay. Take it one moment at a time. Don't sit and dwell on your symptoms, get busy doing something - anything. Draw a hot bath. I found baths the most powerful WD tool I had going when in the situation you describe.

You're over the WD hump. You'll be right back to how good you were feeling good very soon.
Tell yourself your not going back.. I don't even think of the stuff any more
I don't either. I just hate feeling like this i was good then all the sudden my head is going crazy. Making me think te same I was. It almost makes me think it's not from the pills :( my mind is trying to control me
I can't believe hydros took over my brain this bad
:(
OK rest assured that this is not paws this is still part of actual withdraw
Rest assured that you need more than 12 days to get better mentally.This feeling will not last and you will get feeling alot better soon.Just hang in there and give your brain the time it needs.Great job on the 13 days don't go back
I think you are suffering from anxiety and panic attacks which happens after an opiate withdrawal.  If it gets really bad, go back to the ER.  I think you went before and you were prescribed clonodine which would have helped.  Tell them you are too afraid to take it and maybe they will either prescribe something else or reassure you that the clonodine is okay to take.

During a panic attack, you do feel like you are going crazy or about to die.  They are very scary.  Try deep breathing slowly in through your nose and out through your mouth.  I think I have told you this before but if not it really helps.  I have had many, many panic attacks and they just come out of nowhere.  
Hope this helps.
Can you go see an addiction specialist or psychiatrist? Lay it all out there and see what they say? Seems like it might be a good idea.
I'm on day 39, right about there, and the mental was the worse part. I have dealt with anxiety all my life, and can totally understand worry that you don't know why. The impending doom feeling.

Mine is slightly better now, but all mine isn't wd related. But this spell is pretty bad.

Our minds produce fear at this time, fear of the unknown. And our imaginations can and usually conjure up scenarios that are way worse than anything that really can happen.

I see above you were given Clonidine, which I think is a great med for wds, and anxiety, but sometimes not enough. Perhaps look into Vistaril, a totally non addictive prescription antihistamine, but also given for anxiety, when benzo'd aren't called for, or you don't want to go the benzo route.
It doesn't really cause sleepiness either, so for anxiety, it's given usually three times a day.

Your fear of the unknown, in this case wondering if you changed for good, and wondering if it's going to be lifelong,  is contributing majorly to this.

Keep going!  I had to and still do tell myself there wouldn't be stories on here of people with 6 months, and I had seen one three year, if it didn't get better. It does, or everyone would have given up.

Hugs
How are you feeling
Hey guys sorry I didn't get back in yesterday I was jut having a really bad day and was trying to do anything I could to not think about it. So can someone help me?
I always have weird vision like it feels like I'm high yet I'm not. Sometimes ill hear ringing in my ears but just for a brief second. I feel like everything is really starting to get to me. And I'm not liking it. I was getting better and it hit me again.  I'm hoping today will be better but it's hard to tell.  How do you all cope with feeling like this? I don't get it, when my anxiety hits I freak myself out so bad that I think I have no where to go or nothing todo.
Hi Marla,

The anxiety seems to heighten all of our other 'symptoms' or what we perceive to be symptoms.   When I have gone through withdraw and recovery the only thing that really seemed to help me was to have some kind of structured day layed out in front of me so I had other things to do that kept my mind busy.   Without a plan or structured day, I would tend to want to sit around (which is normal since you have no energy) and then anytime I felt anything different with my body, I would wonder if it had to do with withdraw.   Maybe some of those things were there before but being on the pills I just didn't notice?    As far as the anxiety goes, that IS real.   I know because I suffer from it as well.   Part of it comes from the unknown and that is why having some sense of control over your time or day helps.   Yesterday I was having anxiety all day, but had made a plan for a day trip.   I went ahead with my plan and most of the time I didn't pay much attention to my anxiety and the symptoms of PAWS that I was having.   As the day progressed it passed.   When it hits me I just keep telling myself 'this too shall pass".   I remind myself that I don't ever have to do this again and that perhaps it is a temporary reminder of the he11 I went through so that I won't forget.  

Here is a good analogy.   You know that little wire inside a lightbulb that causes it to glow?    Imagine that being the dopamine receptors in our brain.   When we abuse pain meds it short circuits that wire to where it burns out just like a light bulb.   When we are recovering after detox, our brain is trying to mend that wire so that our bodies can function like normal.     Of course we have more than one wire to mend, so our bodies are doing all kinds of strange things in the process.   As the 2 ends start to come together and connect again, the light bulb light flashes on and off, sparks, etc., giving us more symptoms.  This process will continue for a bit until a permanent connection can be established.    
That's a good way to look at it.
I'm gonna just lay it all out.
For te past 3-4 years I've been a huge user and drug abuser. Mj EVERYDAY literally and during last summer I did cocaine and Molly a bit and I drink alot. I'm just curious as if maybe I'm having such a hard time because I quit ct on everything....
Thanks for sharing that Marla.   I would say that yes, your body is going through quite the adjustment!   I never used Cocaine or MDMA, but I hear that is more of a mental addiction that physical.   You are a strong woman to make all these changes at once.   But that is the right way to do it.   Your brain can't heal if you keep using substances that affect your dopamine levels to mask the withdraw of another.  You ARE doing this and you are doing great!    :)
I'm actually a 21yo male but thankyou so much!
whoops...sorry man!    I was going by your icon being female.   *blushes*  
You sound better today......No Life has given you some good counsel.  I was thinking about you yesterday and all you had shared about the high levels of mj your were smoking and illys, alcohol, etc. and thought coming off ALL that at once could be a MAJOR factor for you and how you are feeling.  You are doing good for less than 2 weeks into this.......give yourself a break....some time......and SEEK out some pleasant things you can do to take your mind off each symptom.  Find some things to watch or read or do that make you LAUGH....some music that touches your soul.....some people to be around that aren't using.....ALL that will bless you!  Keep on truckin....it ABSOLUTELY will get better....promise!
I got into this post and had a smile regaurding the BREATH thing from bama because for over 30 days in my recovery that is what EVERYONE told me and I even got a stone saying that. But everyone advise above is true. IT DOES GET BETTER Keep on truckin forward do not look back. Yes after care is a blessing because you get involved in a whole new life and get to share stories and do service that can say another addict or more.
God Bless us All
vvic
P.S watch or read about the disease of addiction it will settle you down a bit about what the brain does and that it takes months and months and months to get it to balance out and fire up. They have alot of great info that I did not get in my day and age and it has helped me threw my recovey besides my God snd Support.
Good Luck Hang in There.
vvic
I'm having such a hard time. I just cat stand being sober. Using just makes the everyday life so easier. I usually play my Xbox black ops 2 online or something when istartfeeling bad and now it's starting to overheat and get a red ring. I know this Sounds pathetic but it's like my peaceful solution to everything and gets my mind off things. Idk what ill do if it goes....
Keeping busy helps, even if it's a walk. Hang in there :)
                  "HEDONIC TREADMILL''

We become accustomed to one level of gratification and then we look for more!
Happiness is like anything else in the sense that you have to make a deliberate effort to cultivate it.
Positive Psychology Harnessing the Power of Happiness, Personal Strength and Mindfulness

vvicidaho
I too think you're experiencing panic attacks, which is par for the course during w/d's.  They are terrifying, but they cannot harm you. It is the activation of the fight or flight response, which causes a surge of adrenaline.  In a real, life threatening situation, that would be understandable...but when it happens for no apparent reason, out of the blue...it scares us that much more.

The more "power" you give panic by thinking about it and worrying about it, the more likely it is to reoccur.  It's conditioning basically.  The less you think about how you feel...the more you are conditioning yourself to NOT fear those sensations..which will help to improve the panicv.  

What everyone said here is priceless, you MUST get your mind off this stuff...keep yourself busy, get out, take a walk...surround yourself with positive, light hearted stimuli, like happy upbeat music, a funny movie or TV show...our senses have SO much to do with our moods...if you surround yourself with death metal, play violent videa games, and watch horror flicks, that will excerbate the feelings of depression and anxiety BIGTIME.  I cannot stress that enough...your environmental influences are crucial, and YOU control that 100%.  

I would also recommend seeking out therapy, preferrably CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy, to help address the panic attacks.  CBT will help you learn how to change that anxious cycle of thinking and worrying.  Have you gone to any AA/NA meetings?  You could do that as well...getting a sponsor would be a great idea.  Someone local who you could call when things are rough.

You'll get there...you will have good days and not so good days for a while.  If you make some positive changes in your life and put some SERIOUS effort into helping yourself...along with being patient and acknowleding that this takes time and that's okay....you will do great.

Thinking of you!
Aw hun...you are the same age as my son and I want to give you a big hug and tell you it is going to be ok.    It sounds to me like you kept yourself busy smoking and playing your xbox.   We get ourselves into a pattern of behavior when using and when we stop, everything we did before that involved using seems out of place.  We have to create a new way of living.   Can I ask, do you work or go to school?    I can't stress how important it is to set yourself up with a new routine.  It takes about 28 days to change a habit.   Do you have friends or family you can go spend time with?   Do you like to exercise, ride bikes?    For me, putting my mind to work doing something else or interacting with others takes my mind off how I feel and I usually always feel better afterwards.   Can you go to an NA meeting?    I know its hard, but you have to force yourself to do other things.   ((Hugs))
Hey guys I know it's been awhile since I've replied but I've been busy trying to keep myself entertained. I can't remember what it feels like to e sober and it feels really weird to me. So idk if I have a mental problem or if it jut because my body isn't used to not being high 24/7 365.
But all I know is that this *****.
It makes me think so much. Like "why do we live in this planet? To grow old and die? " you know
Anyone else ever have problems with thinking to much??
Marlatt once again you really need to give it some time as opiates take way more time than other drugs do for your brain chemistry to get back to normal.This kept me using for years because after the initial withdrawal period of seven days I just assumed that this was the way I was.I bet you will not feel like this in a month if you stay clean.Just hang in there!
Long walks as stated above also helped alot to get my mind off of things.
Hey Marlatt,

Hang in there! Maybe you could hit an NA meeting, watch some movies, do some work, hang out with a friend, eat some chocolate or whatever. Life is really beautiful and yah, sometimes it is painful but that DOES pass....things are always changing and you are too. Your body will start to feel better and better and then your brain will start producing some natural endorphines (the ones that stopped working when you were medicated) and you will feel happy to be alive....because like you said, the alternative is that we are dead and then it is over. Try to appreciate your life as I am sure there are many good things in it! We appreciate and support you, ya know.
H
How long did it take for most of you to start enjoying the gift of life?
It took me at least 10 days or so of feeling HORRIBLE after going CT and then it started it feel better a little everyday. I may be a lot older than you...47 and have 2 older kids (22) and (15) so I think that also makes me appreciate my life so much. Been through a lot of things and even have friend die right in front of me...that makes me very grateful to be alive even when things feel like crap. Like I said, I know that "this too shall pass" and it makes me hang on. I really hope you feel better soon!
I started to feel better at around 20 days but continued to return toward normal until about 90
Hey guys I thought I read somewhere that te healing process can make your head hurt with headaches and stuff is this true??
I know I had a lot of sinus problems after and I didn't snort pills.  I did have sinus headaches.
You know, you really should go to the doctor for a complete physical.  I think it would ease your mind and you would have a lot less anxiety.