Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
New Features: Photo Sharing & Privacy

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

New Features: Photo Sharing & Privacy

We're pleased to announce 2 new features that are now available. Both of these features were requested heavily by our members in our "Improve MedHelp" survey as well as in our Suggestions forum.

1. Photo Sharing - In your profile, you can now upload as many photos as you'd like. Simply go to your "My MedHelp" and click the "Photos" tab. This is a great way to share multiple pictures with other members.

2. Privacy - We just added a new set of privacy features. You can now control who can see your "Posts" tab, your "Photos" tab and who can send your private messages, as well as invite you as a friend. To change your settings go to "My MedHelp" and click on the "Settings" tab. From there, click the "Privacy" link and make your adjustments. In addition, Journal Entries and Photos can also be adjusted at the journal/photo level.

Keep the suggestions coming and thanks for being a member of MedHelp!

MedHelp
oohhhh im loving the new picture thingy... i can post a before and after pic.. before-on meds and then after - looking brighter and fresher and healthier and happier, God the list is endless!!!
I love these new privacy features...thanks medhelp!!!
I've already put pics up.. it's amazing how excited I get about small things now!! i love it
A friend just called me and is worried as she has been taking 1 mg of xanax for a month to sleep each night...I told her to taper that down for now....how much trouble do you think she will have?  I suggested some non-addicting sleep meds...she says she has noticed lately taking a half here and there during the day whenever she feels stressed
this is what happens with these bloody benzos.. one month is the absolute maximum for these meds. 1mg is what the dr prescribes initially.. she is already using them here and there during the day too whenever she feels stress - a classic sign that the addictive mind is starting to over rule the sane side of us.. you should tell her to start to taper now, as soon as possible, start reducing it to .25g for a week and then another, and another week by week.. she should take something non addictive to help her sleep at night.. as for feeling stress during the day.. it's the xanax - that's what it does, it induces stress simply because the xanax has worn off from the night before. In the beginning xanax acts for 6 hours until the body and brain gets used to it.. then it is less and less thus addiction hits like a bloody hammer.. hope this helps
cool, we are all now part of a myspace for us pill poppers... i think its great that we have a place like this to talk about our problems, and share so much about each other..  great site...  thanks for the improvements medhelp.........
i know it is myspace without the perverts!!
LOL...   i cancelled my myspace account a few months ago, but i actually just did another page recently...  i dont think i'll keep this one..  not sure..  its just not "fun" anymore..  
I'll try to put a picture or 2 up tonight.....it takes me a while..i'm a little pc illiterate!!!
and we are leaving soon to go see a movie..."Water Horse" ...for the boys.
yes I had one but it became a nightmare, perverts everywhere - it's like the web for weirdos LMAO!! it's addictive too!!
yeah, it really was a pin in the a$$...  i'm just gonna be careful who i add as friends , and stuff like that..  all of the stupid bulletins really got me going... i hate those damn things! lol
it took a really long time to upload one pic to this site...  maybe its my computer, not sure
I put up a picture of my 4 year old niece who dressed up as a little old lady for Halloween. It's the cutest picture and it reminds me of why I don't want to take pills.
aah that's so sweet.. I put a pic up of my daughter.. she's been so good with me, she's an angel
Well- Thank you for the new features-very much appreciated. The photo sharing will be nice. I know I'm beating a dead horse here-but here I go anyway.
Is there anyway we can work on the appearance of the new format. I know, you heard it all about this the first time you changed the format. The blue and white is not as soothing to the eyes as the peachy tones of yesteryear-and this new format is still WAY to busy compared to the old format. Like I have said a billion times before-I really don't care to see the 'community members' or 'related tags' side areas to the right of the threads. It is a waste of space and makes the page much to busy- not that many people post photos so  the 'community members' area is just a bunch of purple and blue cartoon silohuettes (sp?) with an occassional photo thrown in--so, it's wasted space---and the 'related tags' area----just looks like someone got bored and decided to mess around with font size while putting up a bunch of random words..another waste of space. The 'recent activity' area is bearable-but not necessary.
There is a much better way to utilize that space---expand the posts, like in the good old days. There is way to much going on on these pages now days. It is unnecessary and obnoxious.
Thank you for listening.
Thank you for the new features.
Please consider my suggestions.
Sincerely,
Greatgreebo
I was afraid to put pics up but the security settings take away that fear. Thanks for the updates!
ok, how the heck do i scan pics, lol. i lost everything 2 weeks ago when my comp crashed and this one is brand new. i don;'t know what im doing. i want to scan some
xerox your a$$ and post that on your profile :-)
it would make for some interesting comments I bet!!

greebs
what comp you got? if you have pics on you r mobile you can blue tooth it if there is a blue tooth facility on your comp.. your phone should have one - most do now.. or a cord that you can attach form phone to comp so you can bluetooth that way...
lmao, omg that is hilarious. i don't want to scare people, haha, too funny. still laughing
what the h ell is a blue tooth, lmao, i am mentally challened on computers.
im laughing so much...im picturing these posts now with butts as opposed to pics!!
its a facility that is on your phone.. its used to send pics to and from other mobiles..and laptops, what mobile phone do you have?
if you pm me your number, ill call you and talk you through it... that should be funny!
i agree.... i was definitely afraid of doing that too.... but i like how we can just allow our friends on med help to see the pics....  i dont need anyone in the "outside world" recognizing me LOL
Ok, this may be off topic, but does anyone crochet or knit?  I think I need a hobby because I'm already wanting a new high.....and that's not ok......
my brother is going to come and help me tomorrow. i kinda like your idea of before and after picks, seeing those give me that much more desire to not use. and no, i will not be put up a xerox of my a$$, lmao, although i do have some hilarious photos as im sure we all do.
don't laugh it off before you get a copy of it!
This way if you lose it once it's 'off' you will have a picture of it for your 'lost-$500 reward for it's return' posters
i remember my grandmother teaching me to knit.. it's supposed to be therapeutic.. so many people are into it now.. it's a good hobby to have...
crochetting (sp?) is easier as far as being a bit more 'mindless' and it's easier to fix your boo-boos. Knitting  can be 'mindless' also- but it tends to look lumpy and is really hard to fix if you make a boo-boo.
Go to one of your yarn stores (locally owned-not some big corporate america place like Joanne's Fabrics etc) and they should be able to show you how to crochette-just buy the hook and the yarn there and you should be set to go. It's relaxing.
I do both and am pretty good. I just made a friend some knitted fingerless gloves-I wouldn't recommend that if you want to relax. To much counting.
Stick with the crochetting. Make someone a scarf. You can use a big hook (size P or bigger) and use two threads of yarn to make it go quicker.
Good luck
Greatgreebo
I think I'm going too....see, then they'll be visible reward involved too. Or visible failure if I screw up...we'll just have to see.  I should make socks and send them to all the peeps going throught the chilly brrrrrrs of withdrawls.....I SO could've used them myself....Yeah, we've got a little mom and pop shop by my house.  I'm all about supporting small businesses...(except for my coffee-caribou is just so much better tasting for $4.00)  
LMAO!! If I drank coffee I'm sure corporate coffee would be my establishment of choice too!!

get to the yarn shop and start crochetting. (and perhaps figure out how to spell the word while there!) Lots of times they will have comfy chairs set up in the back and the locals will be hanging out BSing and knitting/crochetting. It's great. They LOVE to show off what they know and are usually happy to teach the newbie how to do it.
Good luck
Greebs
ps....I'll take one of your lumpy scarfs-and I won't be judgmental-just happy to have something warm!!
i was looking at some of the new pic posted and they are close ups, wow, definately can't xerox my *** now, lmao.
you don't know until you try
never say never
rage against the machine
just do it

or any other cliche I can use to get you to xerox your a$$ and post it.
now that would be funny

greebs
who's posted pics... there's nothing to say that people have updated their profile and added pics...that's a shame! maybe medhelp might do that next?
;)  I'm on it!  WOuld you like 1 lump or 2?????  
i live my life on the edge...i'll take 3!
you are all so funny..ive really laughed today.. greebs has a fetish for butts!!
just gizzy's :-)

maybe flutterby can knit a pair of undies for him?!? I'm pretty sure that undies are the one garment that you are allowed to have lumps in

i put a pic of my broken ankle up...   thats what ultimatley led me to get hooked to pain meds...  glad i'm off of those things now, but i wouldnt have met everyone here if i didnt break my ankle
man i just looked at that, ouch. i am a huge fan of bruce lee and i looked at that photo. i have been watching his same movies over and over since i was young, man i get so pumped up watching him, nobody and i mean nobody moved like that man. so much talent.
yes but we dont know how big the lumps should be or the undies for that matter.. it could go either way.. xtra small or xtra big??? hmmmmm now you got me thinking...
lmao, you guys are hilarious. now i'm frightened though and might bail on the pics. i might put up the one of me golfing in my underwear, but not now, roflmao
yeah, it WAS painful, but now i can do everything with that ankle again, including board breaking...   Bruce Lee was ONE OF A KIND...  no one comes close...  well, Jet Li actually is a close second...  too bad his life ended so abruptly..  
no you'll just cheat and put one up of bruce lee.... you can run but you can't hide!!!
OMG, I must see you golfing in your tighty whities!!!!  MUST!  That'll make me so happy that I promise I won't use again....for at least today, swear.
you now have to honour all the girls here with a picture! you have a fanclub.. does it make you feel special?? haha!
i am a one women kind of guy, and there is only one that has my heart right now, sorry ladies, but if i have to put up my pic of me golfing in my boxers to keep someone from using, then i will do so, lmao.  it is a funny pic i can't wait to get some up, my dogs too, they are my children.
LMFAO!!!  L8R all, I'm out.
Don't worry-I have a man and I love him to death!! I  have a picture of him fishing in his boxers and a pair of hip boots.....pretty hilarious. I can't say I have any photos of me doing anything in my skivys. I'm shy that way.
I can't imagine anyone golfing in their undies-that one I have to see.
Perhaps you can post a picture of your puppies in their undies? that would be funny as heck!!

greebs

this post was so funny, but seriously i am going to scan a bunch tomorrow. how long does it take to scan, like hours?
I posted a few pictures on my profile...but nothing to interesting. I guess I need to pick up the pace.
nope-it doesn't take long at all. Medhelp may have created quite the monster by letting us all post photos!! I'm already digging through mine trying to find some good ones
i think it's a great idea, especially with the security thing they have with it. im sure there would be some photos we would like to put without everyone seeing. great idea by med help, it helps us know one another a little better. thanks MED HELP
Yes-thank you. The security setting are nice. This way I can let my friends see photos that let them know more about me-but I don't have to worry about everyone on the internet getting into my business.

I am sooooo bummed out!  I missed all the fun and I have to go!  Giz, you in boxers playing golf....You are such a giver! LOL
oh my god, i cant believe this convo is still going on... post the butt pic gizzy - enough already!!! haha!!
TWO CHEEKS....we're waiting!!!!!  lol
i need a tan, my a$$ is pretty white right now, lmfao
well...then we'll have a glow in the dark pic...it will light our computer room up at night!!!
:D:D:D:D::D:D:D::DDDDD:D::D:D:D::D:D:D::D:D:D::D:D::D:D::D:D::D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D
honestly this is the funniest post to date... gizzy, no one is going to let up here unless the butt pic is posted!! poor boy, getting harrassed by the girlies on here... where's hopsing.. he should post his butt on here!!
actually, if you scroll down and read the dr. Phil post, that will make you laugh... i thought it was hysterical....
omg, you guys are killing me, lmao. ok so ill hit the tanning bed tomorrow and have my a$$ waxed for yall ok.
i knew you would have to cave in the end.... you had no choice!!! peer pressure in abundance here me thinks!!
YOU"RE SUCH A GUY!!!! ...lol....that sounds better...going from white and hairy to tanned and smooth...this is creating QUITE the mental picture   :) LMAO
i am not a hairy man at all, lmao, i think i have 2 chest hairs and one on my nipple, i can't stop laughing now
it's a disease... most men have it now and it has a label.. it's called metrosexual and it's catching... these men use up all our lotions, tweeze the odd hair, get manicures, and get waxed - it's a new addiction... giz if you start with the waxing then you better go all the way......
no worries there, the day i get a manicure or use tweezers will be the day i use again, which is never, lets not be sending that image of me, I AM A MAN, lmao
so, so funny..have tears rolling down my face and my stomach muscles ache.. too funny..!!
Has anyone gagged in my absence and requested me to take my pic down and put up one of a monkey or anything like that instead...?
im still laughing... leave your pic, it's lovely!!
OMG< you guys are still running with this one??????
I just came back and this one's new to me.  I figured I'd better find out first hand if any pics had been "protested"  ;) !

im putting up some photos, but how do you put them up so they are not extreme close ups, lmao. i don't know how to change the size, does anyone know?
do you have a PC or a MAC?
im on a PC, i think i deleted some files, lmao, this is sad how dumb i am on computers
Not a problem I'm a geek and can step you though it
ok thanks, if i screw something up i am going to leave them for now, it took me awhile to scan, ty for help.
click
start
All programs
accesories (I'm a geek I cant spell without spell check)
paint
file
open (find you file)
mage
resize
enter 50% for both heighth  and width
File
save as
give it a name
While you do that i'll type the next steps

step 7 is Image
awesome, how do people figure all this out, i guess you just learn as you go. thank you, i will fix those soon
while in MedHelp click
My MedHelp
Photos
browse
find your pic ( good luck)
upload
YOU ARE DONE
Wasn't that easy, I thought so
It's the challenge of beating tha machine, or I have no life, take your pick
easy, hell no, without help it would be impossible. i guess now that ive been on a computer a few months i really need to learn. i can type fast though, lol. thank again man
Not a problem, I used to step my Dad through computer stuff while I watched TV
did you get lost?