Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Norco to Suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Norco to Suboxone

Good evening everyone. I rarely post anything on this forum, but I am always reading the coments that are posted and they have helped me quite a lot. I have a question that maybe someone can help with an answer. I was taking 60mgs of methadone a day and stopped taking it for 4 1/2 days. I was in w/ds and took Suboxone ( 6mgs.). I thought I was going to die from the reaction. I wound up in E/R at the hospital. I called a couple of  rehab facilities and was told  that you cannot go from Methadone to Suboxone. The people at the rehab told me that anytime a person is admitted to their rehab place that they switch them to Norco or Oxycotin first for 3 to 4 weeks and then to Suboxone because you can't go from Methadone to Suboxone.I have heard from other people who have gone from Methadone to Suboxone that they had a bad experience doing the same. I stopped taking Methadone and my doctor has me on 180mgs of a compound which is actually Norco without all of the Tylenol in it. I have not taken any Methadone in 6 weeks just the Norco. My question. Is this true about going from Methadone to Suboxone. And question #2, Is being at 180mgs of Norco to high of a dosage to switch to Suboxone. Please help.THANK YOU, GOD BLESS
Alot of people have trobles making the switch from meth to sub.. you have to be at least 20mgs of meth per day for several weeks to switch and wait 4 days until full Wd's have set im.. you should have no problem going from the Norco even at that dose since its a shorter acting med.
Thats why patients should not treat patients..........

Thank you FLaddict.The last time I was on here you were doing great. Are you still keeping up the good work ?
yes.. thanks.. will be 72 days at midnight...

good luck to you
FLaddict,Can you aswer this for me? I have some Suboxone left from the last time I took it. My question is, if I try to switch to the Suboxone and I go through what I went through the last time (HELL AND THE E/R ) is there anything I can take to stop the Suboxone from continuing working. Last time I took some Methadone and I was OK and then I feel asleep. I don't have any Methadone, and if I did I wouldn't take it.
That is a tough one...I have read of people doing what you did last time.. but I assure you if you wait at least 12 hours from your last norco you really should be fine.. wait until the WD's set in then take it.. switching from norco is a whole different ball game than Meth... I wouldn't worry.. Just take a small amount to start as a test dose.. that is what they suggest in the training manual for docs.
I have been taking norco 10/325 for over a year for 4 herniated discs. I am abusing them and taking between 10-14 a day. My life *****. Should I say my mental life *****. I have a great husband, great family, beautiful home, etc. and I can't enjoy any of it. I want off these so bad, I even checked into detox and left the next day. I regret leaving and I pray and pray and just can't seem to do this. Please help me, anyone. Julie
Julie, try to check back into a detox and stay this time. please do not go to a sub doc or methadone clinic for a one year habit. These are treatments of the last resort for the most desperate cases.

Pauly, , I kind of agree that going on hydrocodone after methadone could work. It's not nearly as hard to kick. The change from meth to sub can be tough and experts in some detoxes can do it in 3-5 days. Sub can sometimes be usefull as a step down for long term methadone addiction. all the best