Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Norco versus percocet

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Norco versus percocet

Which is stronger 10 mg/325 norco (hydrocodone) or 10 mg/325 percocet (oxycodone)?  or are they the same?  I looked this up on 2 different narcotic converter calculators and they each gave me a different answer (unless of course it was operator error :)
Just a thought instead of comparing Norcos and Percs how about Motrin 800 or something in the NSAID meds???????

In answer to your question there the same 10/325 is the same in Norcos and Percs, its the persons metabolism, tolerance levels etc. that make the difference.

The bad thing about Narcotic Opiate Pain Meds are why these forums exist...........think about it..........
For pain relied I think Oxycodon in Percocet is 1.5 time as effertive as Hydrocodon.

so 1 and a half Norco 10/325's = 1 10/325 Percocet for pain relief.

I think Codein is 30mg = 10mg of percocet for pain relief.

Don't quote me as I am going from memory but you get the idea and the ball park ratio.

Sorry but that is not correct and your spelling is.................lol
Oxycodone is the stronger of the two. To me percs are about 4 times as strong and last longer for pain relief !!

the rock!!
Thanks everyone.  so her pain doctor is correct in saying that percocet is stronger than norco, my g/f's doctor wants to switch her from 7 of the 10mg/325 norco per day to 6 of the 10 mg/325 percocet per day.
In my experience, it depends on the person and how their body reacts to the med.  For actual pain - percs worked better than morphine - by far - at least for me.

Although I probably never really had a pain that a hydro couldn't at least make tolerable.

I'm an addict and I never really took them for pain much.
I thought my Doctor was wrong. She told me that nor co 10 mg was stronger than percocet 5 mg. I am confused?????  I use to get 240 pills of percs 5 mg. I saw a different Doctor and he gave me a script of 120 pills of nor co 10 mg/ Well, i spoke with my pain management doc and she said one nor co is the same as two 5 mg percs. Is this true???? Can someone help me with the correct answer, PLEASE!!!!!
That is a narrow minded answer. First I am allergic to nsaids, second i suffer from chronich sever pain that has me bed ridden most of the time. I am prior law enforcement and I take alot of pain pills just to servive. Yes, my body has become dependant on opiate pain killers but that doesnt make me a junkie. there is a big differance between being dependant and being addicted. Forams like this help alot of people. The fact is alot of honest legitimate people have to take opiate pain killers. I hope you re think some of your ideas.
I agree with you. My sister is disabled and has been on opiates for 12 years. She takes it as prescibed and will always be on them. Me on the other hand could not control my intake and I consider myself a addict but I'm a 54 day clean addict!
Wow, old post - check out the dates....
As far as mg's go, your doctors are right. It's the type of opiate that's in the medicines that make them different!! Most people (me included) would agree that oxycodone is way more effective (as well as addictive) - this is the opiate in percs. Hydrocodone is the opiate in norcos. If you were to get the generic version of either, it would probably just read "hydrocodone" or "oxycodone" on the bottle. So to answer your question...everyone is different, but for MOST, oxycodone (perc) is stronger. However, 10mg norcos may infact help you more than 5mg percs BECAUSE of the MG difference....make sense?