Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
One Week with only half a pill

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

One Week with only half a pill

Today is actually day eight since i took a half of a vicodin. I thought for a minute that i would fall of the wagon from the pain setting back in but I didn't. I am so verrrrrrry proud of me. I am 100% withdrawal symptom free and feel pretty ok. I do still think sometimes wow right about now i should be taking a couple of pills, but I manage to work through it and move on.

Thanks to everyone here, I did it. The virtual shoulders that i relied upon was the key to my success.  Bless you all..
Tulsa:
Eight days...Wonderful. I am very proud of you. I too still think about pills; for me it is around 3 in the afternoon. That's when I always took the meds. So, the afternoons can run long. Keeping busy is exactly what we have to do. Oh yeah, I had my first pill dream last night. Looking for them, asking about them. Weird.  So, on to week two. Great job.
Congrats Tulsa!!!   I am on day 24 and life is great.  I made it through my pain managment appt. yesterday and told the dr. no more narcotics..  Proud of you!  Keep it up.
Well life is really good I am still emotional and in PAIN big time but I just think about all the money I will have not paying 75 dollars per script three times a month. The freedom from worrying about running out. I am on top of the world right now.  :-) I fired my pain management team in octover. They gave me stuff i thought would kill me.
Congrats! This is true all the Money that has been wasted and our quality and quanity of life.  I was beginning to thing I was a living dead girl! :