PAWS Methadone/Benzos
Im 34 days off Methadone and I just got out of county jail and I am agitated, frustrated, can't sleep, etc..
I find myself looking for substitutes to calm me down. I'm also ADHD, and depressive. I have no interest in NA or AA, and all of this is creating problems at home. I just don't know how to go about letting go. ANY help would be great. Thx!
Are you interested in church, counseling, or anything? I don't know how much methadone you where taking, but I still don't sleep so well after 55 days off of about 150mg a day. I suggest you find something to do as aftercare. I don't know if I would have made it without it. I took OTC sleep aid for a while, it worked for one night and then I would have to wait a couple days. I don't know a lot about the bezos, but I have friends that said they had some long term issues with the detox. Maybe a doctor can help.
HI methadone withdrawal can last a wile your threw the worst of it but sleep was a problem for me for around 90 days dont take drugs to try and help it out it will only create another problem your best bet is get involved with some sort of support group this is really hard to try alone you can try some whey protein shakes for the energy crash and there are natural sleep aids but time is your friend when quiting this stuff try and hang in there good luck and God bless....Gnarly
Sleep seems to be a common issue for opiate abusers. I would suggest getting some Melatonin.  While you were on Methadone your brain stops manufacturing natural melatonin, so now that you are off your body is like "when should I be sleeping"  Normally Melatonin would be created when the sun begins to set, but without it your body can't regulate sleep patterns.  Instead of taking a Tylenol PM or other sleep aids, Melatonin works wonders without the chance of becoming dependent.  I took 20 mg 30 minutes before I wanted to go to sleep.  I hope this will help ;o)