Panic Attack
I have been taking Alprazolam  Xanax, .05 one nightly for two months now.. Want to get off of them.. I do not want to get addicted..I have never in my life taken any kind of medications other then antibiotics once in a while.. My age is 56 years..My Dr. put me on these for panic attacks.. I would rather try and control my attacks on my own, without the meds..How should I taper off of these so I won't experience seizures..Thanks so much for any input..
We can't comment or explain any taper plans as it's part of the forum rules.  Have you talked to your doctor about this at all though?
I strongly suggest you talk to a doctor about this. I had a really hard time detoxing from Xanax, and i wanted off for the same reasons you want off. However, you do have panic attacks, so again, I am no doctor but i do think you still need to be on meds for that... Withdrawing from Xanax for me was hard. I had to taper off with another benzodiazepine. I now am not sure what to do were my wife swing into mania, for I got really anxious in the past when she did. I also was given Xanax to deal with sleeping problem.
Good luck to you, and please talk to a doctor about this.