Percocet side effects and withdrawal, please help!
I have been on Percocet for 4 months for a herniated disk.  I was taking half a day, then one a day, then up to 6 a day.  Then I started having awful side effects.  My back pain got worse, my tongue was swelling some, and had stomach pain too.  Then I had my lumbar injection and the pain got worse.  I am scared this is an allergic reaction.  I had my lumbar steroid injection, and the pain got worse, so my Dr prescribed Tylenol 4.  I haven't taken the Percocet in over a day now, as it has scared me.  I took the Tylenol 4 only twice yesterday.  Last night however, I woke up drenched in cold sweat.  Is this from stopping the Percocet?  My bowel movements have even changed color to a lighter shade, and that's what scared me too.  I am trying to get off these myself, and want to know what I am going to end up going through.    Do I need to not take the Tylenol 4 too?  Now, I am scared to take anything, but also don't want to die from taking the Percocet when the pain gets bad.  If a take half a Xanax, will that help to get through this?  This is terrible, and I don't wish this on anyone.
I got through!  All of the side effects of stopping the Percocet are gone and I feel like my old self again (happy, positive with a twinkle in my eye).  When I have a bit of pain, I take Advil and it takes care of it.  

I hope I never have to take Percocet again!
MY NAME IS SCOTT. I HAD A DISC FUSION ON FRIDAY IVE BEEN ON PERCS FOR ABOUT A YEAR DUE TO A CAR ACCIDENT. I STARTED WITH 1 PILL A 5MG NOW IM UP TO 4 OR 5 10 MGS  A DAY I LOVE THE FEELING BUT KNOW IM HEADED DOWN A BAD ROAD. I CAN GO A COUPLE OF DAYS WITH OUT THEM BUT I KNOW I WANT THEM. IM UP ALL NIGHT I DONT EAT MUCH AND I FALL ASLEEP DURING THE DAY. I GOT 60 PILLS THE DAY OF MY SURGERY (4 DAYS AGO) AND I HAVE TAKEN PROB 25 OR SO SINCE. I WILL STOP AFTER THIS SCRIPT RUNS OUT. I AM AN ADDICT I KNOW I AM MY WIFE KNOWS I AM BUT TO HER I DENY IT. IRONICALY THEY STILL WORK. IF YOU READ THIS GET OFF THESE DANGEROUS PILLS BEFORE ITS TO LATE. IF I CANT I WILL CHECK MY SELF IN TO NARCOTICS ANONOMYS. I HAVE TO FOR MY HEALTH AND FAMILYS WELL BEING.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!!!!!!
I have been taking percocets for about 2 years now... it started when i was in a car accident and had back problems... then my boyfriend who i have been with for 6 years now was in a major four wheeling accident, tore half of his face off and broke his pelvis and crushed his shin... he was on them and offered me some... and here we are 2 years later... those first pills were just 5mg and now we both have a "dr feel good" as we refer to him and go once a month to now get 30mg tablets... we take them every day. at first it was only at night... now we take them at work and just at least twice a day... more if we have them. but once the doctors scripts run out we are now so bad as to going broke to make sure we have them.... as we are right now.... and i feel at rock bottom. i have gotten to the point because i HATE my job i cant stand it when i feel at my peak buzz...let alone being addicted and going to a job i HATE without any pills... i am scared. my body is used to taking them in the morning and at night...to the point that when i finally get to sleep in on the weekends my body wakes me up with the cold sweats and belly aches.... i just feel at rock bottom. we are both addicted together and its even worse. he is more mentally addicted as i am scared of the physical...mentally i have been thru a lot and i KNOW that once I get thru the physical part I will be able to stand up and get rid of the things making me miserable. like my job. This is my first attempt at searching for help. I cant stop cold turkey, but i dont know what to do. Can anyone please help me? Part of me wants to do the inpatient treatment but i cant take the time off of work, and certainly do not want to tell anyone other than the ones who already know about my addiction, people expect so much more from me.
I am worried it will be worse because my bf and i have been together for a long time and this is truly tearing us apart. i want to stop but he says he wants to its just not that easy and makes no attempt. so i stick with it. i am still young and have a lot ahead of me. but i wouldnt want to leave him at his time of need either.... decisions decisons.... i am going crazy...its easier to pop a percocet and watch a movie and try to let it go. but i cant keep this going. everyday i am more miserable because i know i can beat this and be better at everything all around me. stop putting up with this life style... but procrastination and just plain fear have kept me sitting right here, same thing day in and day out. any advice.....please?
My name is Mandi. I’m a normal person in general. Me I’m now going through a problem with percocet. Well, not me, my husband is badly addicted. It’s been about a year. A friend introduced him to them for recreational use. At first it was weekends, then nights and weekends, and now he can’t stay clean even to work. I have cried and screamed. I have threatened to leave with our kids and left for a day one time. I feel like I love him so much. We been married for 6 years and built a wonderful life. We are company owners and homeowners and my kids have it all. We'll not it all cause they have lost their father. He is withdrawn and always tired. So impatient and moody. Its like we don’t exists to him anymore. He lies to me and says he’s not on them but his lil beady eyes tell on him. He swares he can stop but at the risk of losing us he couldn’t even stop. We have 5 good years together and I feel like leaving him over 1 year of this is wrong. I just don’t know what else to do........ Trust I have pulled out all of my tricks. Nothing works. He said today "his problem wasn’t the perk it was me." He said "anything that would make him happy I would ruin." This breaks my heart. I know it’s the addict talking but how do you save someone who doesn’t want to be saved????? I've been a good wife to him. I've been faithful and honest and I take care of home and my kids. Maybe Im just not enough for him. That’s how I feel. Maybe he takes the perks cause he hates me. If I leave then at least he can clean up and get right for these kids. See I grew up with addict parents. I've been dropped off to my grandparents while my mom goes M.I.A. for weeks. No one knew if she was even alive. I have not seen my dad for years at a time and one time sat outside waiting on him till midnight cause I thought if I went in he would come and I’d miss him. He never came. I was 10. I'm grown now and I made a promise to god that I would never put my kids through that kinda stuff. How long before they notice he's on drugs??? How much of there life is he going to miss before he realizes he’s even missing anything???? As I read all of ya'lls Life stories and struggles with percocet. I sat here and cried. I feel for every one of you. And most of I feel for myself. I see this road is long and probley wont end well. Those of you who recognize you have a problem and most of you do.... Im sooooo proud you are overcoming this nasty disease. I don’t know what Im going to do, but if so many of ya'll can fight this and win it gives me hope for my husband as well. It’s too bad that at this point we might not ever be a real family again. I have kids to protect and I have to do what’s best for them. I pray he gets clean so he can be a good father. I will be O.K. This forum is amazing. I needed to read this. Good luck to all of you and thank you so much.
I'm a 32 y/o single Mom who started taking percocet about 11 months ago. I've been taking them every day, sometimes up to 10 a day, for the last 6 months. I am READY to QUIT! I've tried tappering down and I went 3 days clean and then got some percs and I've cut them up into little pieces trying to tapper off myself. Otherwise I feel like I'm dying. After 3 days clean I  made it through the chills and diarrhea but the lack of energy is what's killing me. If I could take 2 weeks off of work and have absolutely nothing to do then I could make it. Problem with that is I HAVE to get up everyday and go to work and be a Mom. I don't know if I can do this. Its all I can do to get out of bed and I'm barely making it a work.  I have heard of Suboxone but I'm almost scared to take anything else I may become addicted to, as well. Somebody please tell me how long this drained depressing feeling lasts and what I should do to quit. Please help. Any advice is helpful and much appreciated.
Need to start your own thread with your question. This thread is 10 years old..Go to the main forum page and click on "post a question"..You will get reponses alot faster that way..
I didn't know I was going through withdrawal until now my back is burning I am at work with only one hour of sleep hot n cold chills goose bumps!!! All for a car accident that caused a torn rotator cuff and all cervical disks to buldge with the one between five and six  the worst!! It's impinging the Thecal sac and causing spinal stenosis .  I am tired of taking these pills that's why I'm stopping so I have a mixture of withdrawal pains and legitimate  pain attacking me all at once! B
Help!!!
Hi bob my name is stacy I've been taking percoset for about a year and I stopped about 2 days ago I was only taking about 2 10 mg a day and now I feel horrible what can I do I really need help
Nancy my name is stacy I could really use your help with dealing withdraw I can't sleep my legs feel all tingly n I have to work all the time what can I do

I am tryijng to not take oxycontin...I started 3 yrs ago when my daughter was 3yrs,

I have not been sleeping and feel cold with shakes on the inside,

I had some trauma with my family in July and was not dealing well and ended up in 3 car accidents,

Is there something I can ask my doctor this week I can take to curve the need for pain killers?

~Eva~
I am 43 male. 5-5, 142lb. At the age of 30 I had a heart attack and had triple bypass open-heart surgery. I suffered depression. I got better from it; 9 years later I suffered 2nd heart attack and ended up with 5 bypass surgeries. Since the 2nd operation I was given percocet. First 6 months I hated it, I get 10/650 100pills and suppose to take 4 a day as needed. I am on it for 4 years. Lately I finish them in 3 weeks. I know I am an addict because I tried to get these pills using fake script. If I take too many of them, my stomach feels like I have flu. If I don’t take that many I feel like in pain everywhere, it feels like I need a massage. Can anyone help me please?
i personally have never been addicted to percocets but i know the effect it has on you. i have a very close family member who is addictied to them and without them they cant get through the day. the best thing to do is accept the fact that you have a addiction and to not deny it. accepting it will help you to better figure out how to get out of the addiction. talk with friends,family and your doctor to get through it all. you may think now that there is no way you can be helped but you can. keep positive and things will start to get better. have faith and beleive in yourself
im new here,n verry worried im kicking percs after about 2yrs at about 4-6 yellow10s a day its only been 1 day and i feel like hell..i have the runs,headache,bodyaches,sweats ect....how long will i go through this n wat can help ease me please any1 help thanx in advance
What were your doctors thinking? Sounds like they were looking for an easy solution to some serious health issues. Percocet for 4 months? That's insane,. Shame on your doctors. They should have referred you all to specialists or even suggested homeopathic therapy such as acupuncture or massage. These doctors are just pushers for the pharmaceutical companies. Hope you all do well in the future and find drug-free solutions for your ailments.
Is dizziness a side effect of withdrawing from Percocet? My last Percocet was yesterday.  I've been feeling very light-headed and dizzy all day.  Can't find an answer anywhere on this, please help.
I HAD A VERY BAD UPPER LEFT BACK PAIN AND THE FIRST THING THEY GAVE ME IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM WAS TWO PILLS OF PERCOCET....MY GOODNESS ...I ALMOST DIED...I STARTED FEELING LIKE MY STOMACHE WAS GOING TO EXPLODE THEN I STARTED LOSING MY BREATH...I COULDN'T BREATHE...AFTER A COUPLE HOURS I'M INFORMED MY LIVER ENZYMES ARE AT 600 WHEN NORMAL IS LIKE 40...MY LIVER ENZYMES WERE NEVER THAT HIGH AND I THINK IT WAS THE REACTION TO PERCOCET...AFTERWARDS THEY PUT A RED BRACELET WITH THE NAME PERCOCET SO WHILE I WAS AT THE HOSPITAL NOBODY WOULD PRESCRIBE THIS TO ME...I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK BUT THE ACTUAL REASON I WENT THERE FOR WAS NEVER CURED MY BACK PAIN....NOW I'M INFORMED I CAN'T EVEN TAKE TYLENOL CAUSE ITS BAD FOR MY LIVER....HUM..
Hi joangy214,

You should post a new question and that way more people can respond to you.  This is an old thread and they tend to get overlooked!  Also, it's a little easier to read posts when they aren't all in capital letters - just some friendly advice!!  :)

We can be here for you - just start a new question!  And welcome!!!
i want to stop taking these percs how do i stop...
I've been abusing percs for more than a year now. I have never had a prescription. Ive been off of them I think for like a week or something. I don't know. I can't really think straight. It's around 1 in the am, can't sleep. I've never actually tried to quit before. The most I've ever gone without having anything was like 2 or 3 days, and that was just for lack of the pills. I don't think I'm gonna make it. When I'm on them I'm so active and outgoing. But I guess its called withdrawals for a reason. That's exactly how I feel, withdrawn. Tense, achey, uneasy, restless, worn-out, don't want to do anything. I feel like I'm gonna fall back into using them. I've been reading that people trying to quit usually have more luck if they gradually decrease they're dose, and taper off to a point where the withdrawals would be much more manageable. But I think the addict in me just wants to go that route so I can continue to use. I don't know what to do. I need help. I don't want to quit cold turkey, and I defiantly don't want to check into rehab. Having read through some of the past posts, I hope no one takes offence of my complaints, seeing as I have never had an accident or injury, that would cause me to become addicted. I'm just an addict. And I'm lost. :(
been taking perks since 2006, four a day everyday. i decided to quit taking them about 2 weeks ago and havent slipped up once, but since i quit i cannot stop sweating from under my left armpit. the only other effect i could feel from quiting was restless leg syndrome at night when trying to sleep.(starting to get a little better) was just wondering if anybody else knows how long this sweating may last for, it's gross and embarrasing.
thanks and good luck to all.
I have been taking Percocet 10/650 for about 6 years, my Dr has just dropped it down to 10/ 325 due to the amount of time I have been on them my liver ensymes have elavated. (OK).  I want soooo bad to get off the pills but if I go 4 hours without one I feel so bad I want to crawl out of my skin. I know there are other meds I can take for the withdrawls but they are so expensive and I just can't afford it, ins. won't cover them.  Like everyone else I run out before time to refill and start to panic, then I cut back and hope I can get them refilled a few days early.  I hate this thing having control of my life but I just can't stand the withdrawls ( sooo BAD).   I am tellling you guys I fell like Iam dying only after 4 hours.  I am to take 1 every 6 hours but I can't make it that long, I try to wait at least 5 hours and sometimes it's only 2 hours before I take one.  Please help me if you can!
I so feel for you with that "Juming out of my skin feeeling."..That's the worse for me..YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
I have a diagnosed L4L5 degenerated beyond anything but surgery, but as I agree with the nuerosurgeon, you do not operate for pain, as there is no guarantee of pain relief.  through the pain management they sent me to 3 years ago, I was also told I had Sciatica, I just thought it was my Psoriatic Arthritis making my lower buttocks and leg hurt here and there. Now it has moved into my ankles, the Psoriatic Arhtritis, moved into my lower back really bad. I actually get the injections once every three months and what started as  the L4/L5 and I think they call it the S1-6 if I am right.

I have been on 4 oxycodone 10/325 for these three years. There are many days I only take one or two and there are those cannot get out of bed, where I have taken 5 or 6 (only allowed 4 per day).

At 50 years old, had not smoked pot since I was 20 and under, a friend, who also does not smoke pot anymore, told me about using it for sleep. His son got me a little (yes, his son is an adult) and I tried a few puffs and slept well that night. I have Sleep Apnea and my numbers on the bi-pap are 17/12. Of course I came up positive on a Urinalysis and they had to pull me off my Narcotics contract in Alabama.  I get it. What they are not doing, is somehow weaning me off. After so long of taking them, I have taken the last I have and cut the pills in half, so four is really two. I am vomitting in the morning, sweating ferouciously in the night, waking up once or twice drenched. I sleep on towels at night, have a fan blowing right on me, keep the air at 72.

It is like, you pot head, screw you.  They are understanding, but the law is the law and I get that.  they need to do something to help me get off this stuff, I have 8 pills left. They prescribed this stuff and I have been thankful due to the pain we all live with in this thread, but they must have some responsibility to help detox me and not leave me in the wind. If they continue this week to not address my questions, I am going to do what I hate, hire a Ambulance Chaser PI lawyer and put suit against them. Who knows, the PI might not ever want the case, but I feel I have to make a stand in Alabama to have this addressed.

I cannot believe the way doctors hand out this stuff without a word of warning as to the consequences of taking for an extended period.  My wife was prescribed Percocet and took it for four months before noticing that the sickness she felt about four to five hours after taking it had somehow become reduced to two hours; that was the tip off for addiction.

Of course when she attended he doctor to have her addiction suspicions confirmed he was very forthcoming with the “Oh yes, it is an extremely medication”, pity he failed to mention it when he continued prescribing it for four months. I can’t imagine how much the effects of this drug is costing here in Canada, what with the initial cost of the drug, lost productivity of those poor souls hooked on it and medications and medical recourses tied up treating the addicted.  

To add insult to injury there is a perfectly adequate drug for pain available ‘Tramadol’, which is not addictive and is also not covered under our Pharmasave system.  Ergo, we can get a severely addictive drug for nothing, but have to pay for a none addictive one.  Go figure.      
wow.. so i've stumbled across this forum and started reading over an hour ago, and of course I will be the first to admit I am truly addicted, and suffering mentally now.. while reading everyones post all I keep thinking to myself is, man, i wish i had like 3 percs to just take this edgy crappy feeling away, im sluggish and moody and not a happy camper.. I have no health insurance and have my ways and people that know people not to mention I am alllllways broke and work my *** off to barely pay my rent but I would still rather spend a 100 bucks on 20 percs then pay a bill.. what the hell is a girl to do, I dont want to admit it to anyone either so that's why im writing here.. thanks for listening anyone..
I just took two perco whatever for the 1st time and I think they work a little bit so I dont know why anyone would want this perco whatever for it ***** my pain must be super bad.  I keep on itching my skin.  Is itchyness a side effect or should I just use a rag and scrubb hard with soap tonight?

Whats better than this crap that does not work.. o yea .. for my siatica pinched nerve crushed my my vertabre that causes pain in my balls legs calves feet rib cage and hips and makes me walk like the leaning tower of  pisa?  This is not right and I can't walk without looking like an old grench in my young age.  All because 4 or 5 gossip queens ran me off my bike withb their SUV and trailer using my glutes to smash their tail lights and lack of imideate treat ment fro anjd support from my bogus lawyer and and St. Mikes dr who told my I am fine without examining my body before releasing me.  discusting toronto. and shame on
Grillo and associates
I fell thru a Loading dock (Between Dock and Truck) 2 days b4 Christmas last year.Unfortunetly some moron moved the "Bridge" we had Plus,The truck was not backed up far enough.Lucky for me,I didn't break my leg,But had a 3inch wide bruise from my ankle to my inner thigh.Felt like my leg was on fire,Ripped cartiledge and muscle,Could'nt walk for 2 weeks.Anyhow,Doc put me on Percocet.2 month's later I had a bruised rib so he kept me on it 325/5 mil. after awhile,The itching goes away.It DID work for all my pains,But i soon had to take 2 pills every 4 hours instead of 1. Then,If i went over 4 hours I felt like HELL.So here I was,Hooked on these,12 pills a day. So 8 days ago (Aug 5) I had enuff. Took my last 2 fri nite,Never went for a refill on purpose. I knew i was in for complete Hell. Well let me tell you,It was even WORSE then hell.I swear the 1st 3 days,The only thing that kept me from going upstairs,Grabing my 12 gauge and blowing my head off was being taught since i was a kid,That if you kill yourself,You go to hell.Since I felt like I already WAS in HELL,I sure didnt want this feeling for eternity.Let me tell you,It's the WORST thing you can ever go thru and I'd NEVER wish it on anyone.Now its been 8 days,Felling better(about 65%) but still HELLISH Restless Leg syndrome,Wich equates to your legs feelling like someone parked their truck on your legs 24/7. NOTHING helps,No way can you sleep.And its terrible.Today is the 1st day they dont hurt AS bad.Hopefully it will soon be over. To anyone reading this that is on percs,Get off them B4 you get to the point I was.And God bless you all.
I recently suffered 2 fractures in my wrist, along with some pretty extensive nerve damage for which I required surgery. I was prescribed percocet for the pain and was taking about 8-10 tablets a day (2 at a time) for about 3 weeks. Every time my prescription ran out, I was able to refill it by simply going into any ER, telling the doctor that I've just had surgery, and required more pain killers (I live in Canada by the way). Since I was only being prescribed 30-40 tablets at a time, I had to this every few days. After the 3rd or 4th time, I found myself going in just to alleviate the symptoms of withdrawal. This drug is VERY ADDICTIVE, I began exhibiting signs of addiction after the first day or two. It's been almost 4 weeks since my surgery and I am on my second day of kicking the percocet cold turkey. Suffering from pretty serious withdrawal symptoms, all of which have been covered by the previous posts on this thread. It has been extremely difficult as I have not slept for more than 2 hours at a time during these past two days but I've had the moral support of my girlfriend and my mother. I have found a lot of comfort through this blog in knowing that I'm not alone. My suggestion to anyone who is prescribed painkillers containing oxycodone, codeine, morphine, etc.: Do everything possible to avoid taking them (seek natural pain reduction,perhaps) for it is a nightmare to get off of them. Especially after a lengthy period of use.
Thanks y'all.
I just went through coming off percocet.  The first 72 hours are absolute hell.  Expect restlessness, nausea, diarrhea, sleeplessness, chills, sweating and exhaustion.  Today is day ten for me.  I won't say I am great but nothing like that first 72 hours.  I am told that some of the more minor symptoms can last as long as six weeks I. E. Being tired and gastro problems.  Hang in there.  You will feel better in a couple more days.

Be strong,
Jen
How are things going?  I am on the third day off percoset and it seems to be getting easier.  However, I am afraid of relapse.  I have access to as much as I want but need to stop.  I am taking 16 vicoden per day or 6 percoset for the last five years.   I set a date of the 30th of October to stop and took my last dose then.  I would like to hear from people who quit and their experiences in the first week and then when they did not think about it anymore.  

My history was that I was in a serious car accident and bone is trapped in my nerve in my leg, so I have constant pain in the foot.  The medications help mask the pain but I think it is time I learn to live with the pain in the foot and hopefully it will go away.

I am on Day 3 now and the sweats have stopped but I am still thinking about the drugs every 30 minutes or so.

Thanks for any help.
I don't want your post missed.  This thread is a little old...go up to the top and click on the orange post a question button.  Cut and paste your post and that will start a new thread.  That way you will get better results.
Good luck and congrats!
Pure Hell is true. But you will get through it. Mind over matter. Go for walks. Fresh air does a world of good. Surround yourself with good people.:) The worst part will be over in a couple of weeks. Just hang in there. One day at a time. Eat lots of healthy veggies. Small portions of bland food if you get nausea. Take regular tylenol for aches and pains. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Stay focused. Pray, meditate, whatever helps. Watch good ol' funny tv. Maybe ask the doctor for a sleep aid, and anti anxiety meds to get u through it.:) will help the worst part. In a couple weeks things will be normal again. And don't look back. Just try to focus. You were okay before the pills came into your life, you will be okay again. I was on percocet for over a year for a bone disease. And after surgery my doctor tappered me off of them. I still went through the horrible withdrawals. But they passed. And I feel okay again. :)
My boyfriend starts the day with orally taking a minimum of 100mg of oxy, &
Increases by snorting 20mg every half hour as it starts to wear off... & starts it back up again the next day. If he can not get enough of the pain pills, he daily takes Subboxone strips 4 times throughout the day. This has been going on for two years, simply by taking one 5mg percocet a day for his bad rotators cuff. Is there ever going to be hope that he could get off either... Ever?? Please help I've no solution for him.
I am a nurse at a hospital and have been readingalot of everyones posts on going through withdrawl and when i was a kid i was addicted to oxycotin.  I took 4 to 6   80mg oxycotin tabs a day ( not orally either)  I got two tabs of suboxin, an orange pill with a smiley face on it.  It tricks your brain into thinking you are getting opiets and you actually are not. It is sublingual and works immediately and lasts for over a day.  One tab will fight all withdrawl symptoms for about a week if you break it into pieces. It is very strong.  Anyone heard of this medication?  I have a lady friend that is severely addicted to opiets and I want to help her. She takes aver 15 10mg perks a day and I want to get this suboxin for her.  Please write back if you know anything about this miracle drug : )
I have been on 12 pills a day for 6 years because I have ms. I have recently been trying to cut down or quit without much success. Everytime my withdrawl gets bad (restless legs) I run back to the dr. and get a refill. I'm also finding it especially hard to cut down because I keep having flare ups from ms where my body is literally attacking itself from the inside. I have recently been able to cut down to 6 a day, but now I have only 2 left and no money for a dr. visit and I am just alll together sick of this rut I'm stuck in. I am going cold turkey only 12 hours in now but your postings are really giving me hope. Thank you so much for being strong, I will hopefully be following in your footsteps.
hello,i have withdraled 2 or 3 times the only thing that works is ativan
I hope you stuck it out. I was on 6 percocet 10's, 3 Roxycodone 15 mg, xanax for anxiety, flexeril and ambien to sleep..daily. 1 back surgery, 2 shoulder surgeries and 4 herniated discs in my neck. I didn't feel well most of the time, felt,"uncomfortably numb. My daughters saw me slipping away to a quiet, reclusive person, I felt embarrassed to pick up my scripts, as I always felt people were judging me. I never took more than prescribed, but my body was definitely addicted. 2 months ago I got a book by Dr. Mercola, "Take Control of Your Health" and I did just that. The first 7-10 days were horrible, restless leg, sweats, emotional, loose bowl movements, headaches, nausea. I lay crying on the floor and asked God to help me stick to my chosen path. (I had 180 Percs & 90 Roxys in my cupboard) I never even thought of breaking down. Once the withdrawl part was over, my back pain took the driver seat, heating pads, ice packs, Bengay ect.  it took me over 2 weeks to be able to sleep on my own. I am in CA and have a medical marijuana card, never liked it or smoked it before, but I heard people use it for headaches, pain and sleeplessness. It worked, it took the edge off and a lot of the symptoms, also did a lot of hot baths with dead sea salt. After about 2 weeks total, I started the YMCA, walking on the treadmill. I could only go about 5 minutes and felt dizzy and light headed. I pushed on, through the back pain, and every movement of my legs were painful. 2 1/2 months I am off all the meds and running/walking 2 miles a day. I take rests from the gym 2-3x's a week, but when I don't go my body starts to hurt again. Building my core with running/walking, circuit weight training and shooting basketballs to break it up sometimes, has kept me going and happy. I also met a few others there doing the same thing or 1 lady, a nurse, has been there for 5 yrs now since she quit pills after a bad car accident. The Roxycodone are like Oxycontin and are really horrible to withdrawl from, but you can do it. I was on them for 15 yrs!! Good luck and remember all those miserable symptoms don't last.  "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do."  Robert Shueller
This is SO NOT TRUE. Just because you 'feel better' after taking the pain medicine does NOT mean you are 'addicted'. The original question should have been asked of the prescribing physician- not posted to the internet where you can get so many wrong, ignorant, AND DANGEROUS answers.

Please- IF ANY OF YOU are trying to decrease your medications- do it under the supervision of the prescribing physician for the safest results with the last withdrawal side effects. If you don't feel comfortable with the prescribing physician anymore, then go to a different one- preferably one who specialises in treating pain, or to a clinic which helps people stop taking narcotics. THOSE are the only people we should be listening to.
Wow, I really didn't know there were other people out there with the same exact thoughts.  I dread picking up my Rxs.  The pharmacy assistants just look at you or it's my guilt imagining them looking at me.  I've only been on percocets for 2 years or so.  I'm 2 days w/o right now and having an awful time.  My legs ache, I have no energy but can't sleep.  I took an ambien last night to get a few hours so I could survive work.  I can see the future of being healthy and I know I can do this...i just don't want to slip into popping pills....it's so easy and feels so good.  My best friend is running her first 5k this month after losing 80 pounds...I promised I would join her next year.
I'm 3 days without and I am just like you, I had NO IDEA other people were just like me. I have hideous leg aches and an awful time sleeping. No one knows I am going through this and this is the first time I have posted. It's obvious that something is wrong with me but it looks like the flu. I am soooo tired of taking pills. I cannot go on chasing this monster so I am suffering through this miserable cold turkey. We don't have to live like this. We can rejoin the world and you can run that race with your BF. We have to make it through this part first, then long term non usage. Life should not be dominated by these freaking PILLS. Help us Jesus!
Hello  My name is Keith and i to went cold turkey and its no fun! i cant sleep right now  and it *****. I hope tomorrow is a better day as the leg pain is keeping me up! how long will this last?
hey i am reading this and my heart goes out to you al. i just found out my husband is abusing pain pills and percocet being one of them. I told him i was leaving him if he doesnt stop. I have been lied to stolen from , i cant ay my bills he goes here and there and lies about weree is...i am a christian and i love him but am losing my sanity....he swears he will not take anything else...i am going to chance it and help him get through it because he said he couldnt and doesnt want to lose me...but one more time and i am gone for good...he is nowgoing through withdrawels i put him on welllbutrin for the depression and leve for the pain...any other suggestions
sorry for the prior mispelling my keypad is messed up bad....I am just so thankful to possibly get help with this...I am also so proud of the ones here that wants to be off this stuff. I have a lot of pain myself..rhemotoid and osteo arthritis alnong with spurs on my neckbone caused from herniated disc...I just take good ol tylenol or ibuprofen praise God....After all I have been through with my husband and his addiction I would rather lay and suffer in miserable pain than to take this stuff. I dont even feel attractive anymore because he has lost his sex drive...You basically lose your whole self and well being.This is why it makes me so upset.Of course it can numb A person for a while but then when meds wear off their back to reality...I would hate to live a life like that...i would just chose pain 1000 times more than these pills...they are ruining my marriage!!my life!! everything....I pray i am never get sick and the doctor tells me i have to be put on thisstuff because from what i have been through i wold just tell him I WILL SUFFER...IF I LOSE MY LIFE FROM THE PAIN IT LEAST I KNOW I WILL BE IN GODS HANDS and not doing what has driven me crazy for years....I dont mean to sound hasty or cold but me and my kids have been put through HELL, because of a stupid pill.  We have ven went without because of his lies and spending our money on this...I have had all i can take and dont want no part of this hell again...I just pray if anyone out there is going off this you make the right decision and walk away from this...avoid being around people who may supply this or offer it...get focused on being yourself, because it destroys not only you but everyone around you...And remember is a pill worth living a life in pure HELL..I will choose living a life in pain first..God bless to everyone
I need help I'm on day one and I fell like ****
Ummm there is no S3
I myself recently purchased some perc 30s off the street they r the E8 brand something about these r really different after four hours you r in complete withdrawals I got my regular percs back but now i believe I am javing withdrawals from the E8s is this possible? PLEASE PLEASE HELP