Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Percocet withdrawals, how long do they last?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Viewing 401-516 comments:
Herein lies my story. I begin with DT day 4:
Reading this blog is all that keeps me sane. Why me? Early retirement age, wife gone, live alone, life-long athlete, knee replacement 3 yrs. ago - bad from the start. Percs, Oxys ever since (110 mg/d down to 40/d) managed by PCP - well disciplined to not exceed dosage. Didn’t realize I was addicted until 40 was not enough - felt I needed more. Friends noticed my Oxy memory loss - had to log pills to keep track. Took extra 20 mg to play golf. But the overriding negative: constipation that finally became unmanageable, and I new health care profs would blame it on the percs/oxys. Had to know, and had to solve the problem - fast. And thus began my longest 8 days.

Began without notice, no planning. I made this list of what I did right and wrong beginning the 4th day:
1. Notified PCP on 3rd day. Had I at the outset I might have taken a different course.
2. Did not shop ahead. Needed: Tissues & TP; Juices & Teas; quick, light meals; something to control diarrhea & nausea & cough; something to help sleep; extra vitamins, potassium.
3. Continued daily exercise. This became increasingly difficult thru day 5, but I felt better after each session, albeit fleeting.
4. Didn’t drink enough fluids. Really hard when I want to throw it back up, but felt worse when dehydrated.
5. Long, hot showers helped w creepie-crawlies.
5. Forced down one tiny meal ea. day, needed more.
6. Read blogs daily for emotional support.

Day 5, 2 a.m: Nighttime is my worst-time, and last night was the WORST - almost caved - for 4th time.
8 a.m: OMG, I’m going to live. Tremors are new.

Day 6: Cold chills all a.m. as I sw/out pungent oxy-toxins. Some symptoms beginning to abate. Most annoying - continued trips to toilet. Memory returning - sometimes that’s bad. Energy low.

Days 8: More symptoms abating. Still sw oxy-toxins & cough. For 1st time in 3 yrs beginning to feel human, renewed sexual appetite - yikes! Knee pain no worse being off Percs/Oxys - go figure. Started at 6-1, 177, now 165 lb. Looking forward to getting stronger.

Support: My behavior dictated telling select friends. Most offered support. Twas the naysayers who stayed my resolution. After all, you bloggers said I could do it.

To all who posted: God speed - you helped me dearly. I love each of you very much. To those yet to post, plan ahead and follow moderator’s advice. You too can do this.

Au-revoir   –Goodspeed2
Im 23 years old and have been taking pain pills since I was arrested for underage drinking, that's when my world got flipped upside down... Probation never tested me for anything other than pot and alcohol do I started taking pain pills, started with just regular m357 Vic's an 2 would make me feel good now I'm up to perk 10s an I take about 15 a day... Everyday I haveto have something because if I don't I feel like strait crap.. I work at a custom cast stone plant so I'm constantly lifting very heavy stones and I'm worried because I'm addicted to pain pills but they are starting to not even help its like its turning into more of a routine idk what to do anymore idk how to stop, I can't turn to rehab help , I still live at home and I feel like my parents would be so disappointed in me. They know I take them but not as much as they think..I'm lost and trying to find help in anyway that someone could help
Ross I see you started another thread, which is good. I am glad you found this forum as I feel you are crying out for help. Listen it doesn't matter how you got addicted it only matters that you want off this merry-go-round. You stated that your parents would be disappointed in you if you told them. How disappointed do you think they would be if you got busted or God forbid ODed. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your parents but you would be amazed how they might react to you telling them about your addiction. When we live our life in secret it only fuels that addiction, you need to let someone know about what's going on. You say you are lost well by letting someone you love and love's you will help you find your way. You are young and have a whole life in front of you and if you get sober now you will have MANY tears of happiness. I hope you keep posting on this forum and I am praying for you. God Bless---Rick
I have been taking approximately 100-200 mg percs per day for awhile. I stopped 6 days ago, but I took a half of suboxone (4 mg) each of Day 1 and Day 2 and had no withdrawal effects. Day 3, 4 and 5 were not good with a headache, the runs, sneezing, flu symptoms and no sleep. The worst is the restless leg at night to the point I think about getting a knife and stabbing them or cutting them off. Go figure. Today is Day 6 and I am achy as hell around my neck and shoulders and I am sweating profusely on my back on my back. I havent felt that awful that I had to miss work, but the other times I detoxed...it was all over for me by Day 5...with Day 3 being the worst. Now....I am almost a week away and still feeling them. I am hoping this all starts subsiding soon. Good luck everyone!
I've been taking percs 10/325 for about five years after my last back surgery for Shumans syndrome. I the past I have had all kinds of opiates scribed to me from vics to actiq feynal pops and the only thing that has helped me without a lot of problems Is morphine. Getting off the percs was not a problem with it and morphine for me is easier to come off of than methadone which is most doctors first choice. Now I do have a nine level fusion and a pro disc in my L5 S1 I probably won't stop taking the percs (6-8a day) for who knows how long but on days where my pain isn't bad enough to warrant the percs I just take the morphine. I have not had any percocet for seven days and the worst thing I came across was a sweaty night but I do live in LA and it's been hot lately and I do smoke pot to help me sleep and minor aches and pains. I did try to stop before with only the pot to help and it was the worst two days of my life and I hope I never go through it again.
I am currently in day 4 of perc withdrawl (withdrawal) and i honestly do not feel too bad. Ive spent the last three years jumping from perc to meth to suboxion( sp?) back to pills. I tried to just come off the subs but i was down for 8 days b4 i gave in and used something. But i had myself so terrified from the posts i read here about how bad they were but i went cold turkey from aprox 70-100mgs a day and had only 2 days of hell. Yesterday i started to feel better and today all most normal. just alot of muscle spasums so .....if u r reading previous posts, dont freak out too bad, everyone is different. If i knew it would only take two days to get over the worst of it i would have done this years ago
OMG!!!  I haven"t been able to sleep for 6 nights now....I just went on this sight to read up and see if it is menopause or the lack of the pills...I read your whole letter...just wanted to say thank you because now I know that I am not the only person that is going through this....are you still off them? I HATE THIS TISH!!!!!!

Thanks again....
how many do you take a day, i weened down to 15mg 3x a day, first thing in the morning to when i couldn't wait no more to night time, then 2x a day morning and night then just morning .. im only 3 and a half days into taking none, it was horrible but it gets better and it roller coasters.. my best advice is ween down till ya last pill, make sure you have none left and tuff it out .. i am not sleeping and super depressed and constant chills but everyday is a little better than the last. i been takin these pills for over 10 years and didnt miss a day in the last year and a half until now.. you have to be determined, i know i will relapse eventually but my goal is to get clean now and see if i can deal with out them for a few weeks at the least, hopefully after a few weeks when the withdrawls are over i will stay off them, good luck to you
Yeas there is go for walks I take a walk every night before I go to bed it helps alot an just try an stay active as much as you can, also drink lots of water an eat soup and take hot shower or get into a hot tub. I'm 20 years young an injured my shoulder playing college soccer I have had 2 surgeries in the past 2 years. I take 10mg 6 times a day now they have me to 5mg with no tylanol 4 times a day, I get 120 a month an sometimes I run out 2 to 3 weeks early because I end up taking more than I should then I end up going threw withdrawls I mean people tell me I handle it better than eanybody they know, but I'm getting tired of feeling like **** everytime so now I have my grandma control my meds. so I don't have to threw hell. My consuler once told me " If your going threw hell just keep walking" meaning you'll get threw it and be a much better person and it builds your self confidince. I hope this helps you, I know I might be a lot younger an more head strong but at one point in time I wasn't so head strong, I was weak minded an letting pills destory my life. Good Luck  
Has anyone ever heard of or known anyone with loin pain hematuria syndrome? This is the hell I've been given, and I could be doomed to be in pain literally for the rest of my life. My doctors just DON'T UNDERSTAND. They all think I'm a seeker, when really, yes, I do take a good amount of perc, but it's because I really can't function with the pain I experience. I don't take it for fun, I take it because I hurt - ALL. THE. TIME. Moral of the story is, they keep cutting me off until I get seen again and without health insurance I can't keep making nephrology appointments that cost about a grand apiece; so I basically get to go through withdrawal every time I finish a bottle. This is my fourth time withdrawing and there's no end in sight; I don't have a next appointment because I'm broke, and my kidneys are back to hurting so badly I just want to scream. Does anyone have any success stories about something like this...I think I am going to end up on these pills forever, which is fine with me, if they'll keep doling them out, but I would rather hear about someone who had this disease and recovered somehow... :(
My fiancee is addicted to oxycodone 30mg. He takes up to 12 of them a day. He lost his job and he has 2 slipped discs in his back and 1 bulging disk so he needs something for just the pain. But we have 6 kids and its getting out of control cause this has obviously turned into a serious problem. He admits he has a problem but we don't have the right insurance or income to pay for treatment. What do I do how does he fix this problem??
bless you for sharing, i will do what you did and try.  i have been taking percocets (10mg) about everyday for 2 years.  the last 5 months i have been taking 2-2.5 10mgs a day.

i am excited to get off because before the percocets, i always had a natural high all the time.  i was always just a happy person and the percocets sucked up all my natural happiness and made me hate the world, hate everyone and hate myself.

i pray for all who are addicted, it's tough but it's NOT impossible.  u have to go into withdrawing knowing it WILL NOT be easy.  it WILL be hard.  it WILL suck.  but it CAN be done.  good luck.
May I make a suggestion.   Was in a horrible marriage and if I would of stayed' I would of ended up dead.  I became addicted to alcohol and other drugs,including the pills, oxys.  I went to rehab and it was the best thing I ever did.  I'm here today because I have a medical condition and was prescribed the percs.  I know its time to stop, but the withdrawal *****.  Because I have the foundation, its the physical battle.  Go get your life back.  You can do it.
I have been on Percocets for two years now and have gone threw the withdraws three times.  The first two days are bad and the rest is like getting the flu. I can't believe these people who say they can't get threw this and blame the doctors for putting them on the drug. I would rather use the pills for the two years and live life normally with no pain then have to go threw a week of withdraws.   Like I said the hardest part is the first two days and that's the anxiety attacks wich get very bad no sleep and no relaxation but after that its the flu for 4 days and its done. I am believer in these pills and get so mad when i hear people abusing drugs that cause problems for people that really need them.
Today is day 1 for me Ive only been off for 12 hours I have a sercet addiction my family knows nothing will the hospital help me..
i find your post is very inspiring and i hope you dont mind but i printed it off for my bf.. he is currently addicted to percs and he was supposively clean a week, but i find it hard to believe considering he is so concerned with my money and how he can get money himself, he even took back a ring that he proposed to me with and told the lady that i turned him down (granted we did have an arguement and i did tell him to take it back but i wasnt serious.) he then lied to me and told me that he was getting it resized but that was before he came forth with wanting help.... idk what to do anymore, i cant trust him at all :( ive asked him several times to go to rehab but he refuses, says he beat it before he can do it again but obviously he cant on his own.. :( do you have any suggestions as to what i can do? please im begging you!!! this is my final attempt before i leave him for good :( </3
You need to take care of yourself.....I am sorry but only "he" can help himself.  That being said, I am on my fourth day of the worst withdrawal ever.  I have been on percs for over 10 years.  I have quit many times.  Things get worse and worse each time.  It has such control over me that sometimes it is so overwhelming that you do anything to get "something".  At first its a couple percs, then an oxy, or a shot of methadone.  Now it was up to $180 a day and trust me I don't make that much. Anything to at least take the edge off.  To help you get through the day or to make you feel better, happier, to accept things....whatever.  But this is unbearable and I have had 3 children so I know unbearable.  I would take childbirth over this any day.  At the end of that you get something wonderful.  Sometimes at the end of this you end up with nothing!!!!  I have done some pretty ****** things, like my wedding ring is in pawn right now, but I don't love my husband any less or my kids any less.  I want to be a good wife and a good mother.  I am determined and hopeful, but I get lured back in each time.   I just need to beat this before I lose them all.  Your boyfriend has to do the same.  No one can make him do it or guilt him into it.  He doesn't "not" love you it is just bigger than him at this point.  I wish you luck!  You just need to decide how much you are willing to take and how far you will go.  Draw a line and don't let him pass it.  I hope it works out for you.
So, I read your stories, I guess the only nice thing is I'm not alone.  several years ago I was seriously injured causing a debilitating injury and pain to my left leg, knee, ankle and foot, I had multiple surgeries a couple in the same spot.  I was put on oxycotin for a while, but the anger and depression of going from an active outdoors man to a cripple was more than I could bare, so I just holed up in my house, didn't really take the meds and felt sorry for myself.  Then about a year ago I fell down and broke my already broken leg again. this time the doctor prescribed me percocet 10's 6 a day.  I had taken tons in the past so I started taking them.  I should mention that after my accident I lost my job and only work 2 part time low wage jobs so I can come home and rest after a few hours.  So I have no insurance.  So the percocet was cheap at $115  month for 180 pills.  So, I took them, Like a gift from God the were.  For the first time in years I gardened this summer.  I went hunting this fall with my son (mind you I couldn't walk far but at least I was out there doing it).  My activity level shot up, my blood pressure went down, I was riding my stationary bike everyday, the cloud of depression dissolved.   Then a month ago my Dr told me he was worried about all the pills I took each day.  He wants me to go on the fentynal patch.  So I looked it up and it scared me.  I dont like the idea of havinf 3 days worth of meds strapped to me at all times.  Several places I looked said it was only for cancer pain or sever pain.  Well the percs had been doing their job cause I started wondering if the pain was ever that bad.  Well it was.  I ran out of pills on Saturday, I had weened my self down to 4 a day for a week and 2 a day for 2 days, all this without consulting my dr. of course.  so the past week has been bad.  and since Saturday I have gotten about 2 hours horrible sleep, stomach issues I daresent speak of and my legs wont stop moving.  I ache everywhere and the origonal pain in the leg and foot has returned just like before.  I am depressed, sad and didnt go to work today.  I am laying on the couch shivering now.  My wife has been a dear but she just wants me back on the meds.  I am so sad and so stuck.  I cannot go back to the constant pain.  I dont want to be a slave to the drugs.  If I make it through this with out breaking down I dont want to get addicted again.  I am scared of getting on something stronger what will that be like?  Why cant they just cut my leg off at the knee??  I feel awful.  When I was a kid I took lsd a few times this reminds me of the awful agitation I felt after the fun of the drug went away and you just couldn't sleep.  I close my eyes and they pop right back open.  I have been taking hot baths and a full regiment of alka-seltzer plus night time to try to sleep to no avail.  I am lonely,  I cant imagine what it would be like if I were on this for all those years.  But I did have one really nice summer.
Never in a million years did I think I would be controlled by my 120 tabs of 5mg oxycodone, 325 acetametaphen prescription dispensed by my doctor every month for the last year and a half for chronic back pain.  I've been feeling like **** for the longest time now. I've never taken more than 7 of these percs in a day, but that's still alot. As we all know, these little "Altoids" make you feel so fine in the beginning, but it isn't long berfore we're just trying to get by. I called 'em Altoids 'cause they look like 'em.  For some reason my script wasn't mailed to me on time this month and this is the first time I've been two days without that crap in my system. Damn, I sure am hooked. Jesus, you get the *****, anxiety is almost unbearable and just generally feel awlful. Thank  all you wonderful people for trying to striaghten out your lives and giving me the insight and strength to first realize I'm addicted and now the much harder part of trying to beat it. I read on here about how the percs rob our systems of nutrients. I'm runningr over to GNC right now and picking up some viatamins and minerals. I'm only on day two so I've probably got some really miserable days ahead. Wish me luck.
I am on day 2 without any 10mg perks.i was only taking 1 pill a day for 5 mths.my legs hurt so bad,my temper is real bad and i can't sleep.it is hard.but i already stopped drinking for 8 years ,i have stopped coke and crack and dust for 15 years i know i can beat these pills compared to all of the other crazy **** i put into my body.BE STRONG.JUST REMEMBER WHEN YOU PLAY YOU PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!O GOD MY LEGS ****.
I am 24 and started out by getting kidney stones, Got prescribed 10 perc 5/325 a day for almost 2 months, After that got another kidney stone & the same amount.. Then i had no more kidney stones and had "fantom" pain in my kidney and would rush to the hospital to find out i didn't have one, Then i realized.. My god, I'm addicted to the pain pills, Got a few hookups and started using for fun for roughly a year now at minimum 4 10mg perc at best 9 10mg percs.Decided I have lied and dissapointed enough IM DONE!!! Here is how it went for me : ( I took allergy pills for runny nose, watery eyes & itchy throat and Midol for the pain) Day #1- Body aching, Irritated, No appetitie and the WORST case of restless leg syndrome I have ever had, Got 1 1/2 hours of sleep. Day #2- Woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck, Took allergy and midol pills and took a hot shower, Got on computer to waste time, Ate 1 small meal but nowhere near 100%! got 3 hours of sleep RLS alllll night Day #3:Woke up, Feeling better, Back just wrecked, But did the usual pill and shower routine (Crazy sexual appetite i havent had in over a year!) Actually cleaned the house and ate 2 small meals. RLS GONE!! :) Day #4: Back a little sore but up and in a happy mood, I couldnt remember the last time I laughed until I cried!! I feel human again,.. A little itchy throat but all and all okay! Tomorrow is Day #5 and I am so proud of myself, Been over a year and I can get up, clean & go about my day. Do think about them periodically but Just say a prayer (I START MY MORNINGS WITH A PRAYER) It helps soo much.. Please DO NOT GIVE UP.. IT GETS BETTER!!! DAY #5 TOMORROW AND I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED, IM HUMAN AGAIN!!!
Dose any body's heart feel like it is going to come out of ur chest when ur come off
been 11 days now.  day time is fine like nothing is wrong but the stomach trouble persists no depression after about 9am when I shae off the lack of sleep.  feel pretty good most of the time little weak and tired.  the oiginal pain is back, pretty bad.
the nights are a whole different experince in awfulness.  I still sleep 2 or so hours a night.  the insomnia is scaring me.  Did I break myself? Will I ever sleep again?  the RLS is bad still at night too.  yesterday I went to the Dr. for other things Ihave to deal with.  I told him and his nurse about quitting cold turkey and my symptoms.  they both told me that was dumb to do and I should have had them help (I agree).  The both said the withdrawls should be over now (I dissagree) and it will be fine.  Then the Dr told me how I was not addicted, I was dependant (he told me various reasons why none of which matter at 4am) He said of course my pain has returned, what did i think was going to happen.  And of course rxed me a new regiment of percs this time far less a day and prn, and new med for pain to go with it that is non narcotic. I told him I was scared of the percs he said I am in a position that if I want to be pain free, or even less pain, I am a candidate for long term teatment and I am going to have to make that decision but he wants me to have the means to help at my disposal.  needless to say I have not taken anymore yet, I cannot make myself give up and do it.  last night as I suffered at 3am I thought about the pills in the livingroom.  It wasn't will power that stopped me from taking one.  It was fear, fear that it would start again, fear that it wouldnt help and I wouldnt beable to sleep anyhow then it would be sure I had broke myself.    
I have been using perc 30s for 1 year now It started as a everyweekend thing just to relax then it went to every other day. Before I knew it it became daily. officially broke now... i went thru with suboxone treatments which was great the first couple weeks. I didnt have no energy . i had to ua for my doc every week since it only stays in ur system for 4-5 days i used in between. eventually i thought i could control it myself and stopped taking the suboxone. and as im speaking to u right now i wish i would not have fell off last week i did it everday. and it doesnt work because suboxone blocks u from getting high not only was it a waste of money but now i am laying here praying for the lord to take ethis tremors and muscle aches i have HORRIBLE i have diarrhea now.. i think im going to look into some vitamins. not sure what to do any more dont wanna end up in rehab or admit to fam there is a problem... will cont to pray
I am day 3 from 15 per day 5/325 percs i feel like i have a head cold and out of it...i just want to down 3 percs right now but i got none
Hey I'm 6 months sober and still going. I was taking about 8-10 perk 30s a day.... Then towards the end of my addiction started using the "poor" mans perks. I started to get my energy back full strength probably last month :( took forever... I had the fantastic "runs" my god for like 2 or 3 months.... To long !!! I'm not going to sugar coat it.... Everyday is a struggle. The worst physically is the first week.. The leg pains. I remember crying in the middle of the night to my husband begging him to cut my legs off. Thinking back on EVERYTHING those little blue "devils" did and took from my life is a reminder why I will never take one again !!!! You can do it don't give up it takes time but it can be done !!!!
i have been on and off percs now for about 4years it started with a car accident and a back pain that got worse and worse over time. I would get a script to last me about two months telling my doctor i was too busy to keep coming back to get more and was traveling alot and could not get them from any other doctor. I would then go hard for about 3-4 weeks until i was out and i knew i would have to face the detox. Its crazy how happy i was with this big pill bottle full of pills to be looking into that same empty bottle 3 weeks later wondering where did all the pills go? I would say to my self on week 2 of the bender "im going to cut back on these so they last longer so i didnt have to face the detox but then by the mid afternoon i would say "ahhh whats one more pill" then by bed time i was 10pills down on the day. I have detoxed about 5times and its never easy life seems so much better in this herion high that we all love! you laugh more talk for hours with friends run around act goofy to be honest i dont even want to quit. But its destorying my insides and destorying my life when u need to keep afew percs hidden in your wallet every time you leave the house just incase you want afew more while your out for the day then have to hide taking them from your fiance then she catches you! " hey babe what did u just put in your mouth?" " are you high"? are you a drug addict? now u know we all think of drug addicts as the people living in a cardboard box under the free way on ramp we have jobs we have familys we have a nice car and house the bank owns....we go to birthday partys at chucky cheese and the kids football games....we are not junkies or drug addicts! well the sad truth we are! dont blame the doctors or any one else but your self. You can and will beat this addiction as I have over and over again...I have been clean now for 16 months i was even in my doctors office afew weeks ago and he said oh are you here for your perc refill??? oh my god! that was like a ray of sun shinning down on me! a rainbow was abovet his head! he just asked me if I want more! dope! crack! smack! he was my supplier my pusher! yesss i would be rushing to the pharmacy and then popping the pills in the parking lot!! yesss!!! NOOOOOO!!! i said NO! I DONT NEED THEM ANY MORE! and either do any of  you! yes pain is horrible and hurts but alot of it is all in your head. dont make excuses be strong! think of your self like a navy seal they have some of the hardest trainning in the world and they get threw it they pass! think of your self as going into battle! your going to let a small little white pill kick your ***? your a wimp? Be strong live long! some advice for your withdrawl (withdrawal). Try taking two Tylonol 1's and a 50mg Gravol at bed. You can get T-1's from any pharmacy they keep them behind the counter you just have to ask for them. They have 8mg of codine which is like morphine and from the same family as oxycodone it will help with the pain in your legs and help u get abit of a fix but not as much to stay addicted the gravol will help you sleep and take some of the edge off. use this for 3-4 days drink lots of water and gatoraid... Percs only last in your system for 2-3days it is watersoluable and is all pissed out. I know this for fact as i passed a drug test after only being clean 2 days before the test. I drank 3L of water on the way to the test lol. But i passed and it was out of my system.Just think 2 days its no biggie and it has all passed out its no longer in your body and your body no longer needs it! I wish you all the best of luck! stay strong! Love Long! Dr H
I'm reading this just now and was so moved by your story. wondering how you are now?
I need halp I am on day 2 of withdrawls I been taking them for about 2 yrs now n I do about 10 a day this is my 1st time cold turkey how much longer until I ferl normal
I am on my second day of withdrawing from 10/325mg of percocets I have taken about 20 a day for the past yr. and have been on them for over 5-6yrs.  I am having a miserable time.  Do you think it is possible to do this on your own?
Just read your post from last summer, just wondering if your ok now?
Hi brees, how did you make out getting clean buddy?
It started with my friend giving me her pills then I was miserable In my marriage and I have back neck pain! my hubby was put on paxil !I was working he was home with the baby cuz I could nt hold him! He was a drunk mean and lazy i had a fair in the summer!! im bi polar and him not giving a hoot about us really hurt me! accuzing me of afairs while preggo because he didnt have good sperm my son is his!!! I got approved for medicade and he put me in 150 pills per month..... I was so sick of my husband and felt unloved and just a verbal and emotional punching bag! So he is now not drinking and I'm happy again but i tried to go cold turkey on perc. But. I was home with my son now and I can't just lay around the house!!! So I'm tapering off any hints? Ad I loved the emotional high it gave me and got my away from my suicidal thoughts!! I have almost drive ff the road bashed my head open and swallowed pills!! My son is the only reson I'm still here!
I just started reading on here today. in regards to the fear to tell family/loved ones, let me say i had the SAME fear! It actually kept me doiing them months longer; just the fear of them being so mad and disappointed in me. This is my 2nd time, which is why i was afraid to tell anyone. i knew better this time. the first time, i was so niave to pain pills...saw a pain mgmt doc & the rest is history. but this time I KNEW what would happen. that's why i thought they would be mad. i told my parents and my husband, and ALL of them were nothing but supportive. they all said they wished i had told them sooner. now they are supporting me through this with NO JUDGMENT! trust those who love you to be just happy you're coming to them, and that you want OFF of them. people surprise you. they sure as hell surprised me!
I started taking them about 6 months ago a friend who had a perscription for them offered them to help me relax. Well they sure did make me feel great, actually I felt like I could do anything. Eventually I started feeling like crap when I was low on them and realized a difference in my emotions. Not including the cost that me and my boyfriend were paying for this terrible habit. Our relationship was taking a toll too. We started fighting and snapping at eachother for no apparent reason. One night after an agruement I came to a moment of clarity and told him I was done with the pills is wasn't worth the up and downs, trying to find the pills, and the emotional rollercoaster. I felt like I wasn't emotionally stable anymore. I started researching and found this forum. All of the comments have helped me more than anyone would know. I am on day 3 and feel much better. The first 2 days were horrible. But, when I started feeling real bad I would just read more and more of these comments and it really helped me through it. I'm happy to know that I'm going to feel normal again. I'm elated that our relationship is going to be ok. We both quit together at the same day and when I look into his eyes I see they are more clear and happy. We did this and we're not looking back. I have so much more to do than to take those things. My son for one, no more taking one just to get the energy to do something with him. Thank you everyone for being so open in your posts. You've done more good for me then any one of you will ever know. Thank you all!
I have posted a week ago about gong cold turkey I only made it 4 days but I couldn't just lay around the house. Have a house a online bizness and a son so needless to say my hubby and i shop used and sell on e bay bit dosent help me list sell or pack!! He dosent help with the house very much still(a week after he sped drinking) and the trash keeps piling! The garage is a down right mess and I just cleaned up the office and e bay room and just to get into the tornado cleaning of a house I gotta take a pick me up!! I made it till 2 pm yesterday! Which is awesome!! I'm down 2 halfs of 7.5 per time I take it! And soon ill be down another half! We are working on him but he dosent spend much time helping me unless I'm on the couch all day!! And when we fight I just want pills so I don't wanna kill him!!
Yes ur legs will feel weak your entire back will hurt! Maybe nausia and 0 enegery!!! I feel u
I made it till 230 today!!!  I'm going to be signed up for phiscal therapy for my shoulder and debating on still tapering down .. I know phicsical therapy hurts!! And I ate care of my family sell and make money at home! I can't hamle pain in my shoulder! It hurts so bad at times I'm on the couch unable to move my head and. Neck
Not trying to sound like there's no faith in you tapering down or quitting but, it seems like you are making up reasons to keep taking them. Have you looked into getting professional help and maybe someone to talk to about the other issues at home. It could really help you. You say you have a son, there is no greater pain then letting him down. Hopefully you can get through this. :)
I start phiscal therapy I have rotater cuff syndrome... And it's going to be extremely painful and who knows how much ill be in pain and I guess if I'm going to be taking them eather for that or surgery here in the next week why put myself through he'll 2x? And I just tapered off again ! So  and the last time I put myself through a lot with my shoulder I was on th couch unable to move my head or neck! In udder pain cring all day for about a week! I was just sayin I hope it dosent hurt! And my car accedent hurt me and my family! I could stay home to hold my son when he was a baby!
I'm just telling my story my pain and problems and my struggles! Trust me I'm strong willd and my brain is not addicted my body is and I'm doing the best I can and 230 was my giv in time and its 9!! And I haven't takin any!!!!!! 3 hrs after it wore off! And I'm doing fine! Thanks for your help:)
I started out taking tramadol back as a freshman in high school. I took that off and on for four years. I didn't know much about drugs then. I just knew they made me feel good. And when i stopped taking them i didn't notice much of a withdrawal. However i moved to taking Percocet 5/325 or 10/650. I took them off and on for 6 months. The highest I've taken is 10 pills a day only once tho. They are extremely hard to quit. Ive tried quitting cold turkey every time and it has been a mess. All the aches and pains and the emotional psychological rollercoaster it takes you on you just want it to stop so you relapse. Well this time when i quit its for good because i have the help of the Lord. I can't keep doing this to myself if i want to be successful. For those of you who are trying to quit or want to quit or thinking about quitting try Jesus. He will get you through it. Prayer is a big help and its your way of communicating to God what he already knows he just wants you to tell him. If you are serious and sincere he will come to your aid. I know i havent been on them as long as some but i know im traveling down the wrong road and i dont wanna get to that point. So Jesus is my answer and i know he works.
Shmel - I read your post four times and I am now even more confused.  Sounds like you stopped for 4 days but started taking Percs because you have an online business, a kid and a lazy husband. Sorry, but you are just listing excuses. The first thing for recovery is recognizing that you have a problem. I wish you luck with physical therapy and your journey to recovery.
Read the work of Dr. John Sasrno
I have been taking percocet for the past 5 years. Getting really bad the past 2 years. i was prescribed 7.5/325 to take 3xs a day; they would last me maybe a week if i tried hard. i have never actually gone past 2 weeks clean over the past 2 years. I would buy what i could to help me get to my next appt. I wanted to quit so many times because i knew these little white pills were controlling my whole entire life and i swore i would never allow that to happen - HA! it creeps up on you and before you know it you are pulled under sometimes not even realizing it until youre on the bottom like wait a second how in the world did i get here? I started smoking marijuana to help relax me in betweeen and by the grace of God i got drug tested at my last appointment and kicked out of treatment. I was so upset at first. and then I realized God just gave me the biggest blessing of all. i am going to have to face my demons and the years of my life that i watched from the sidelines i might actually get it back. I could be human again. this is by far the single hardest thing i have ever had to overcome in my life. the cravings the upset stomach the sweats the chills the depression lack of motivation and that's not even covering the pain that i have spent covering up the past couple of years. So here that comes with a straight vengeance. I started going back to church and praising God even when i was down i can't be alone anymore i hate being alone anymore. it's awful i have always enjoyed my free time. My husband has been my rock; when he sees its getting the best of me he picks me up dusts me off and keeps me moving, i thank God everyday that i have him and my supportive friends and family. With God all things are possible. i believe that wholeheartedly. i can feel HIM working inside my body healing me and if i can just keep my focus on Him and my family i will get through this. This can't last forever. This too shall pass. This too shall pass. I believe we will make it out of this that much stronger that much happier way more appreciative of what we have left in our lives than ever before. i know God has plans for me and for you and you and everyone else we just have to keep our end of the deal. Focus on God and He will fix the problem you will prevail.
I have a 120mg perc habit for a couple years. The reason i have not stopped permanently is because the withdrawals SUCK. And that is an understatement. However I have recently come across sonething called The Thomas recipe. Let me tell you....look it up. It makes withdrawals about 90% easier....really.  You will be in a stupor for the first few days, but beats the crap out of restless leg syndrome, vomiting, diahhrea and the rest of the horribl stuff.   Follow the recipe exactly and you will find it to be a life saver!!! I did, and so have many others. Also, if you cannot find the valium or other benzos that are part of the regimen, ask your doc.  Be honest with your doc completely. If he/she wont prescribe it....find a doc who will. You will probably spend the first few day sleeping...but thats kinda the point. Good luck
Ive been taking oxycodone for about 4 1/2 years now everyday. I have chronic pain all the time that no one can figure out. I ran out of my prescription early this month and have been witout any for about 3 days now. im going to se how all my pain goes now that im off bc it sems like its been ok at least. It was really tough the 1st 2 days for sure. Still not to easy though. My biggest issue is at night. It will be 20 degrees outside ill turn the ai on inside and i still wake up all through the night sweating like hell. Just drenched and im really sick of it! The weird and annoying part is that im freezing but yet sweating to death. Anyone know what will help with this?
What a horrible thing to feel. Been taking percs 5/325 for 3 years now, purely for recreational use. Today is day 3 of being clean. I took roughly 8 pills a day, everyday, for 3 years, buying them off the street. Horribly depressed, wanting to feel "normal" again. I hope I get my life back soon
I had back surgery...after a being clean from coke for 2 years...I never enjoyed the effects of perk...at least that's my justification...I get about 60mg a day but do closer to 70 or 80 mg a day...7 or 8 pills...and it's been a year...I know I'm hooked but my back is shot...degenerative spinal arthritis...my script runs out a week early I'm scrambling to find anything...brings me back to my darkest days...so I'm scared...I can't go thru rehab again...nearly lost everything I love...so I'm trapped...I've been out for 2 days I feel awful counting the min to fill my script feeling scared...scared to go down this path again when I was clean...truly clean and happy and my body does this to me and my famy...I'm in pain...I'm justified taking them but I know the truth...it's becoming an addiction...it is...so now I'm seeing how much worse recovery is than come I kicked that in a week...so I'm just scared...
Oh god im f@#%$!!! Im day two and just really starting to get into "the bads" its not my first rodeo but im prayin its my last...wish me luck my brothers and sisters!!!
I have detoxed off everything in the past 15yrs, including heroin, dilaudid, methadone, Oxycontin, Subs and everything inbetween... the best way to do it is to taper down. if he takes 6 a day, next day 5, wait a few days for the body to adjust to the taper and continue dispensing for him 1 less pill every 3-4 days until you get down to 2 pills a day: (60mg) since its a low dose for him start decreasing by a half pill every 3/4 days until hes down to a 1/4 of 1 30mg pill (7.5mg) at that dose it's a pretty easy kick... may want to get some diarrhea otc meds, benadryl for sneezing and watery eyes, night time cough syrup, pepto for nausea. drink lots of water, even if throwing up, hot baths, showers, if u can find any clonidine or xanax, muscle relaxers, sleep aids, that is very helpful with the common symptoms of opiate withdrawal. Read, it will help focus the mind off the pain and discomfort of the body. preferably the bible as God can heal all!
hi if you take 1 perk 10/325 a day is that bad.
I was on percs for almost 2 years because of my back and i'm only 28 years old. It was hard but i quit. So last week i took 20 pills in two days just for fun, idiot me. It's been 6 days and i feel horrible. I don't understand i was off for so long, why is the withdrawal so heavy now and plus the back pain is worst now. I just hope to get back to normal fast
Hopefully you have already solved your problem but if you haven't, let me offer up a solution. I couldn't afford rehab so I went to a suboxone doctor and gradually stepped down. The insurance covered it and it was easier than cold turkey. It got down to the point that I had so little to step down from, that I had to suspend it in water and put it under my tongue, but this is the gentlest way I know to do this. Yes, you could quite cold turkey and just face the fire but, unless you can take time off work to ride out the worst of it, it's not feasible. Good luck.
Can you die from withdraw of percs?
Hi, I have been taking up to 200 mg of percocet a day for the past 5-6 years and am now ready to kick the habit ! Just getting too expenive and Im ready to stop ! Today makes day 3 without anything other than 2 -15mg prcocet I had left in my bottle. They were not even enough to make me feel as I had taken them. I just took them hoping they would take the edge off my moody feeling. I am using the THOMAS RECIPE I found on the internet and so far it seems to be doing the trick ! Im also drinking ALOT off Green Tea with about 4 tablespoons of honey in it. I start my day with a banana and 2  multi mega minerals. It says to do this for the first 3 days and day 4 start with up to 4000mg L-Tyrosine and 100mg B6 on a empty stomach for a week. I also have been taking klonopin that my Dr gave me for my anxiety over the past few years.  SO, Im on day 3 and so far I feel fine other than the runs here and there. Can somebody, anybody please tell me if Im on the right track and if the worst has passed or is the worse yet to come. Please help ease my mind and tell me what I have to look forward too or if the worst past is behind me. God Bless anybody that can help.
I can't find a person by that name? Link me?
I  am a 25 year old woman who has been addicted to norco since the age of 16 and now I'm addicted to percs I really want to kick this horrible hell binding addiction , it's causing depression for me , my husband is always wondering why I don't want to do anything anymore I know it's killing me I smoke horribly to keep the high going and drink soda all day long don't eat, and I want to really kick this crap I just dredd the withdrawal symptoms ...can anyone please help , or give me any advice
Yes I am on day 7 and I was feeling much better yesterday, just lack of energy.. Today I feel icky again and my heart is still a lil bit abnormal.. The first 3 to 4 days my heart felt like I was gonna have a heart attack... I stayed in touch with my doctor and she told me it was normal... Each day it would get better... I hate this, but my heart doing that made me a nervous wreck... Just hang in there it will get better!
You need to stop you are eating way to many 10 to15 a day will hurt your stomach think of all that medicine In our stomach! sure you think you feel normal while on 10 to 15 a day, I have been there and I found out the best thing to do is be truthful to yourself and to a GOOD DOCTER!! tell him the truth and I am sure that he will have a detox plan for you. just remember the worst thing you could do is stay on any opiates. I hope everything works out alright!  and may god bless you!
I've had percocet around for about 4 years I stopped friday and felt Like crap, so I took a full 10mg pill on Saturday. Thats the last one I've had.I feel horrible.  I'm depressed, and ai fell like crying.I've been off them two days now.I'm not gone ng back on them

A year and a half ago I fell down the garage steps on to concrete and broke my humorous.  Ended up having four surgeries and finally a partial shoulder replacement.  Was on hydrocodone for the past year and then in December my lower back started acting up and ended up going to a pain management center where they put me on Percocet 4 a day 7.5/325.  Hated them but my body liked them.  After about four months the pain management center said I had to go off of them.  I asked him to change the Percocet back to the hydrocodone for the last month because I can't seem to cut down on the Percocet.  He told me no.  Really pissed me off.  When I was on the hydrocodone I had no problem going off of them but with these darn percocets my body wants them so bad.  I went to my family doctor and he said lets try Mobic and aspirins.  Needless to say my body still wanted the percocets.  I was taking at least 2 1/2 pills a day and I realized the only way I was going to get off these things is cold turkey.  Today is my first day and I feel like I am going to scream. The past year and a half my energy level has gone down to zero.  I had no idea that the pills was during that to me, just figured I was getting lazy.  I came up on this site to see how long the withdrawals will last and to tell you the truth after reading all of these comments I am scared to death.  I know I didn't take near as many as most people on here but it still scares me.  I am not a very discipline person so please say a prayer for me that I will make it.
Well as I said I am not a very discipline person.  I already relapsed.  I had some tramadol that was prescribed to me back in November 2012.  For some reason I only took one and did not like how it made me feel so I quit taking them.  After 45 minutes of shaking my legs to death and being very nervous I took one and now I am pretty calm, but I had no idea these things are addicted also.  I was looking at the blog and saw where people were asking questions about getting off them.  I guess I am screwed with these too.  I know I need to throw these things in the garbage and continue my journey to get off all pain meds, but I am scared to death.  I'm going to call my doctor and see what he thinks I should do.  I thought there was something they could give you to help the withdrawals.
I was put on Klonopin after my mom passed away and after 3 years of trying to get off of them, i was put on Ativan. well, duh its the same thing!~ so,now is been like 4 times ive tried getting off of Ativan.i always end up dehydrated and end up back in the Hospital. and they give me Ativan and pain meds plus fluids then im supposed to wean off of the Ativan and I always end up taking to many and back where I started.my son is fed up  with me. he keeps saying "its not rocket science,dont take them anymore!" well,i get thru to end up dehydrated so bad and the stomach pain is awful that I give in.. my last Ativan was sunday night.i was supposed to take 1 a night and I was taking 2 a night. Now,i am determined to get off of this crap! Its now Thursday and I didn't get bad until no sleep mon niht,then woke up Tuesday sick.i started vomiting yesterday.i was at the store with my 8yr old grandson for his b-day gift and had to leave pronto.ive been on the bathroom floor alnight. I have my pillow by the toilet.im only eating ice chips because I don't want to vomit ANYMORE~!~I really don't know how much more I can take.. today I am just shaky,up and down moods, and serious sweating. I want to drink so bad. im dying of thirst! but I hate puking.i hate it!~ and is the pain normal? how much longer will I go thru this?
Im 17 my mom started handing me 15's percs whenever i had a pain. Ive withdrawn before but i relapsed im on day 2 without **** and i want to die i cant stop sweating cant sleep eat or do anything idk what to do. Someone please help me:"(
Hello everyone,

Today is my second, almost third (it won't officially be 3 until later on today) day trying to come off of percs. This is also my 3rd time going through this. I have unintentionally relapsed before, and I hope I don't again.

Things are getting pretty bad. I don't remember things EVER BEING THIS BAD.

I am 23 years old and have been doing percs HEAVILY since 2008, so about 5 years now. Things feel like they can't get any worse for me. Granted, I'm not throwing up or anything like that, but I still feel like I wanna go play in traffic.
As far as how I feel...I can't think clearly, I feel like I'm being poked by a billion hot needs everywhere on my body, my mouth tastes really bad, I have virtually no appetite, I'm extremely thirsty, and I'm suffering from cold sweats and hot chills (if that makes sense).
I've battled this in the past, but not like this. I served some jail time for an unrelated charge last year, and made it through that with no problem, and one time before, but I had help with my cousin's suboxone...this is the first time I've done it with nothing.
If anyone has any information they can give me on how to stop these needle pokes (or creepy-crawlies), that would be great. I've tried hot showers, and that only helps for about 10 minutes. Actually, any help with all of it would be great.
I'm trying to cope with this myself. I feel your pain. You're a few days ahead of me in the withdrawal phase, if you have any tips for me, it would be appreciated. What kinda symptoms are you battling right now?
I have been taking 80 mg of percocets a day for a year following a major surgery...I always run out early of course cuz I'm only prescribed 40 mg a day so a friend gave me 15 mg morphine to starve off the feeling of pure hell I was going thru but I still feel bad, although I'm on day 3 with no percocets first time ever!! Yes I feel awful.but I'm thinking if I take these time release.morphine for a few more days maybe I won't need to pick up next months script? Morphine is a whole lot weaker than percocet 10mg so does anyone think this idea will.work? I figure 5 days of.morphine will not hook me and then maybe ill be thru the worst of it...lemme know if anyone has tried this...I can't go a few hours normally without a percocet without shakes goosebumps and severe stomache pain so to go 3 days now without one is like a miracle...even though I feel awful its tolerable...any suggestions or am I just in for a worse ride when I stop this morphine in.2 days? Rememeber oxycodone is 1 1/2 times stronger than morphine so my amount of morphine per day which has been 50 mg leads to about 30 mg oxy a day Ohhh I just answered.my own question I think..
Hi and welcome! This is an older thread. If you go to the 'post a question' link you can start your own thread. It will help you to get more answers and support. I am glad that you are here!
So I need to rewrite that whole story? Lol..see I'm not feeling that great...
You don't have to. I understand how it is when you're feeling rough. SO are you wanting to quit the pain meds for good? Or are you just trying to make it through to the next script? This sounds pretty similar to my story. I have a crippled back and was taking anywhere from 70-100mg of norco a day. I have been off of them for about 2 1/2 months now and feeling pretty great.
By the way thank you so much for welcoming me in...just the thought of rewriting all that hurts my hands...yeah its like that even with the morphine. But I don't have the shakes sweats or diarrhea like I did an hour before getting the morphine...I just feel sore...I just wanna know if I'm trucking myself ...I'm also taking 800 ibuprofen and magnesium...and can't get enough water...I live in Vegas so its like 110 out never felt so good on my skin...yet I'm chilly at  the same time...prior to these morphine. I would like this to work and taper the morphine down to nothing.  But don't want another set.of withdrawls from that...I'd like to not even pick up next months script...its available in ten days...or I can buy more 30 mg focus and go in mire debt in 3 days  and start the madness again...
The morphine is for sure keeping you from going into full blown withdrawls. Unfortunately it is an opiate, so it's only really prolonging the inevitable. It might help the severity of wds if you taper down, but it's not going to make a huge difference. Unfortunately a lot of times it's hard for us to stick with a taper plan. It's very easy to take extras when we are sick and in pain. I had to just go cold turkey. I was pretty sick for 4-5 days, then started to feel better. Everyone's different though. The big thing if you are serious about quitting is to cancel that script! It is just too much temptation. If we don't get rid of our source, whether dr or dealer, we will have a weak moment, give in, and use. You definitely are in the right place here! This site has been a lifesaver for me. I hope you stick around and keep posting. There are so many great people here that can answer your questions, and give lots of support and encouragement to help you through this process. There's a link at the bottom of the page for the Thomas Recipe. Check it out. It's full of good vitamins and supplements that can help with the wd symptoms.
Thank you so much...I actually see a light at the end of the tunnel...I just dont know what to do for the pain that's non narcotic...I have fibromyalgia  and adhesions and scar tissue pain from exploratory surgery in the abdomen and a radical hysterectomy...:( all less then a year ago...believe it or not I used to be anti pharmaceutical...totally organic!!!!
Any suggestions for pain that's non narcotic? I will not take cymbalta either or some.other wierdo drug like that I know it works for some...it was a nightmare for me...
I totally understand. I have endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and 4 damaged/herniated discs in my back with sciatic nerve scarring/damage. I actually found that the more time I put between me and the pain pills, the less pain I had. I know it sounds crazy, but your brain will trick you into thinking you are in more pain than you actually are so you continue to take more opiates. Look up opiate induced hyperalgesia. I have been making it using heat/ice,rest, and if it's really bad I have muscle relaxants and tordol which is a very strong anti inflammatory. It really does help. I have pain every day, some days are pretty rough, but I'm doing it. It's worth it to not have to constantly be worried about pain pills. I felt like I was a prisoner to the pills. By the way, I detoxed in a semi truck! My bf is a truck driver and I have been on the road with him. I've only been home for 2 days since I detoxed. That is rough being in a bumpy, cramped truck with the pain. It can be done though. I know that if I did it, you can! Check with your doctor and they will give you all sorts of non narcotic options for your pain.
If you have any questions or ever just want to talk, feel free to PM me. I hope that you can get a good plan together for quitting and something that will keep your pain under control. Good luck to you!
believe me your secret is out, everyone can tell when you are on opiates.

I've been taking perks for about 2 years now. I've quit a few times went thru the withdrawal phase about 5 times within 2 years. The longest I've ever went with out it was a month. Now I'm on day 5 but I'm in vacation in a third world country where there is nothing Medicine wise to help me. I looked forward to this vacation because I'm in a place where even if I wanted to relapse, I can't because I have no access to any perks. Within the last year my dosage got really high 60mg/150mg a day. The pains are getting a little better, my appetite is back and my stomach is a whole lot better. Just in the past 5 days ive had literally not 1 minute of sleep. I've tried drinking my self drunk to sleep, sleeping pills but once I lay down my body goes crazy. I'm in 100 hours straight off no sleep. Idk what to do I don't feel alive, I feel like a zombie. Any body have any advice. And by the way my wedding is in 3 days and my fiance or family have no idea of my drug problem. I'm stressing really hard.please help if you can. Good luck to you all, no one understands but ex users and still users. I wish the best to you all
i had a big perc slash suboxone habit for about 6 years now buying em from off street...finally i had enough and went to a sub doctor and explained my plight and he got me on the program... thing is he subscribed me SIXTY 8mg Subs once a month!!!!!! told me i should just be on em for the rest of my LIFE!!! and talk about a ZOMBIE!! the usual friday after work anxiety to get out and do something? GONE!!!! just no excitement, no motivation.... was just a different kind of tranquilizer...when i finally said screw this and weened myself down to almost nothing and made the jump??? WORST WITHDRAWALS!!! MADE PERCOCET WITHDRAWAL FEEL LIKE A WALK IN PARK!!! thats when i educated myself and found out about the longer half-life...doc's in europe only prescribing a FRACTION of SUBS and ween off the patient right away!!!??? i made it 6 days...and i remember i had a talk to give the 7th day and i just FOLDED like a UPS envelope and went back on the subs....but with a newfound feeling of helplessness....that maybe i am screwed..and for the next 2 years i went back to the habit of jumping back and forth... well 2 weeks ago i was taking about 3-4 perc 7.5's every 4 hrs....12-16 a day...i had a connection on 933's (7.5mg's) .. taking 12-16 of those a day... well i hit a point where my soul ... the little boy i used to be...just went outside my body and took a hard look at what i have become....and i said that's it... i started googlin the heck out of the internet and these forums to gain some insight on what to expect and how best to do this detox... i weened down in two weeks to 1 pill (Watson 933's) in mrng 1 aft and 1 at night... felt just reaaaaaallly SLUGGISH!!! but i did it with help of long walks...then last Friday mrng i took a half and then at noon took a half... and at midnight friday night it was world war 3!!!! i just told my wife i ate something bad and must have gotten food poisoining .. the fact that all day sat and sun i was in the bathroom every 2 hrs either throwing up or puking helped my lie...sunday night i was out of the woods with the nausea but the worst part was the crawlin out of my SKIN!! the not being comfortable no matter WHAT position i was in..... not being able to sleep...ugh that was the WORST ... but i pounded Melatonin 10mg's with NyQuil... and finally on sunday mrng took amodium... sunday night i was just having waves intermittently every two hrs of heeby jeebies....and then monday woke up and was just really ANXIOUS!!!!! WOW I NEVER have been so anxious it was uncomfortable becasue i have always been a laid back....confident person who was comfortable in a crowd of strangers.... this was totally foreign feeling ... but i made it thru phone calls and menial tasks for work all day by working from the kitchen table at my laptop to sneaking in bed...and OH! tons of hot showers all wknd was my only relief!!! would crawl back in bed and feel good for about an hour and then it would all come rushing back!!!! by Tuesday i was out of the woods with the anxiety, the crawling... the leg twitches..... just REAAAAALY TIRED... but yet i went to work and made it thru day....came home and just laid in bed...yest i actually started really feeling FIRED up at times that i am actually doing this!!!!! and now today??? thursday? i feel GREAT!!! yes i am still pooping the NASTIEST looking little muli-colored .... well i willl leave that detail out....but point is i am GOING THE ENTIRE DAY WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I AM STRENGTHENED BY THE FACT THAT I KNOW TMRW WILL BE EVEN BETTER!!!!! I even worked out theh last two mrngs at the gym!!!! i am a big wimp but i went thru the motions!!!! why not.. i cant sleep rt???  now i KNOW in my deepest depth's of my soul that i will NEVER EVER take another happy pill ... even if my arm gets chopped off like monte python knight.only a flesh wound i will say... i wlil suck it up with ibuprophen....i registered on this site because i have to say you all scared the **** out of me after reading all your well meant posts!!! you really did!!!! on sat i had my iphone in my bed shaking and sweating and scrollin down thru blogs to try and find a simliar story like mine....just to see how long this hell feeling will last?! well ALL of the blogs i found similar to my scene that i could relate to said i would feel that way for weeks and sometimes MONTH's???? look it will be a week tmrw mrng since i had my last percocet and i am FINE now! accept a minor sleep problem and cant create a healthy poop....compared to sat and sun where i was counting my BREATHS....looking at the clock and it said 3:20....what i felt was 3 hrs later looking again and it was only 3:35??? i am here to say that for all of you that want to quit i have been on it for 6 years...maybe i didnt take as much as some of you so thats why the heeby geebies only lasted 2 full days...but i just wanted to give some of you hope that might have had a similar story to mine...yes there were days where i took more than my usual....10-15 perc 10's and snorted 3 or 4 perc 15's....it just almost makes me cry to know that the days where i barely made it to my drug dealer or next fix .. or the fear of not making it that CONSUMED me...the plethora of social events like going out of town to see college buddies but having to leave early back to hotel cuz i was BEAT!!!! .... THAT IS ALL BEHIND ME NOW AND I LIVED THRU THE FAMOUS WITHDRAWALS EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT!!!!!!! so yes i really feel like helping someone that may be in need right now...for some reason its seems our human nature to heal ourselves maybe by helping someone else? the fact that just ONE of you read this novel and are motivated in a positive way ...  that WOW! thats how i am living right now!! and WOW! if he can do it i am going to give this a shot! and WOW! it doesnt last a flippin MONTH of hell like everyone says it does!!!  if you have just made the jump from either percocet or suboxine....and are lying under the covers shaking right now and reading this on your phone...just know my friend that every moment that passes you just KICKED its *** and another battle was just won!!!  another step was taken towards recovery and taking your life back!! when you cant take it anymore go jump under the hot shower...come out with your game face and started whoopin *** again!!! you gotta want it man and you gotta remember that this life is short ...get busy living or get busy dyin...cuz you're wastin TIME by maintaining this daily opiate consumption that makes you half of who you really are. you deserve better.

well.....sorry for long post ... i will add to watch list and join this community and pay attention as much as i can to be there for anyone who may need some strength from Maximus! good luck .. and god bless.
I'd like to help. What state do u live in? I found a doc who takes ins and is very helpful
Hey I started taking 5 mg and 10 mg about 2 years ago at first it was just one every other day now I take about 8 10's a day I want to stop so bad but it's so hard, the longest i went without is 2 days, but the pain nd the diarrhea ate the worst, what can I do to feel better when I quit.. I want to so bad I wish I never took one at all!!!! I need help
As a parent with a pill addicted daughter, I would rather have her come to me for help before it is too late.  

I am on day 5 of detox myself.  So I really understand
Day 10 of detox from Oxycocets.6-10 per day. I had had enough and quit cold turkey when I had 3 full days lined up with no commitments. My wife was on standby and has been very supportive.
Leg pain is almost gone...I can sleep 6 hours straight now but I still have the ***** in the morning.

And boy...those pills were covering up more aches and pains than the shoulders I was taking them for. Takes me an hour to warm up in the morning.

I feel 100% better and I'm glad I'm off them. Funny enough...I still have an open prescription and I haven't told my Dr. He'd probably give me hell for going cold turkey.

Oh well. What's done is done. Hang in there everyone.
I just took my first step to kicking Percs, I've been addicted for years. I'm A 30 yr old mother of one and I'm sick of spending money & I know God wants me to be free. I'm going into detox in about a week. And I finally admitted my problem to close family & they are so supportive. I know the detox will hurt me physically so please pray for my strength thru it.
56 yr old woman that got caught up in the percocet habit from a nice Dr Feelgood. I'm on my 3rd day of detoxing. Took my last life sucking pill on Nov 7th, 2013! I read someones "preparations" for this and God Bless You! I stocked up on vitamins, paper products, gatorade, kool aid, lol, and water. Using Arthritis strength Tylenol. *Careful with the amount of tylenol u take* Im starting my 3rd day Perc free. Biggest issue I've had is sleep. I get in about 2 or 3 hrs at a time. I dont try to fight it, I just have music ready, DVR full, and my laptop. I feel better moving around doing little chores, dishes, going out in my yard with my dogs, little stuff. My body lets me know when to lie down. I've pretty much set up camp on my couch. Finding cold things to eat more apealling than hot so far. Day 4 is supposed to be the bad day so I've read, but knock wood.Today,.I watched the sun come up, Looked at the frost sparkle & just actually feeling almost giddy happy! No more ball & chain of that pill. I am sneezing alot, dry throat & mouth, constipated actually, (TMI) I've been on these pills from hell 10 years. Started at 2 a day & built to 4 a day with maybe a 5th on a day I wanted to numb myself. 5 years at least on 4 5/325 a day. I'm more excited than scared. Anx isnt bad just knowing I never have to go to another doctor. I feel like I have a new beginning. No more figuring out appts, refills drugstores and tons of cash wasted. My husband is so proud and surprised. We were expecting the stuff u see on TV. I'll check back in with an update. Bless you all whose suggestions I read on ur posts. If I can do this anybody can. I'm just amazed at how much I feel like I did years ago.
I was taking 30 perch a day and developed kidney cancer which is now proven to come from the tylenol that's in the percs or/and tylenol w/codeine

Jason
bad advice about taking the tylenol with codeine.  the codeine is what I started with years ago, caused me kidney cancer at 40 tylenol 3's a day.  yes 40 and when I went up to the tylenol 4's I still took 40.  They are just as bad…don't do it.  I'm addicted to 17 oxycodone 30mg per day now and want to quit so bad….run out of my 150 script in just 6 days running to buy a bottles on the street for $1700 bucks…
j
This is a really old post, click "back to community" on the top of the page n start a new post. We will be happy to help!! Good luck
Hi I am new here. I was prescribed percocet 15mg six times a day and would never be able to be without them. I realized when I was discharged from pain management due to not having back pain anymore. I will now have no access to ANY! So I went from doctor to doctor to get some and I am so ashamed. I have lied to everyone and I am now on day 2 of cold turkey stopping taking about 8 to 10 10mg pills per day. I did not sleep at all last night it was pure hell. Cold sweating muscle aches. I started the Thomas recipe and drinking lots of Gatorade but I'm just so scared for tonight again. When will I be able to sleep and not want a pill constantly. Feeling very ashamed but doing it for my family and myself. Pls wish me luck I sure need it!
Hi my name is mike and i am a heavy percocet user.I have been off them now going on for days and im still feeling sick,the worst part are the aches and pains.I was on methadone some years ago for this but eventually came off that and was clean for some years but stupid me got back in to it again.Do you have any suggestions to help me get through this difficult time in my life.sorry i should of mentioned it im going cold turkey and i buy the drug from the street as i am not currentley perscribed.thank you for your time
Hi i just read your comment and i live in st,johns and its said to say but when you go in to a hosiptal here in my city and tell them u need help with that sort of thing they look at you in a whole different way.They will most likley tell you to go to your family doctor and tell him and send u out of there the same way u came in this is not right.
Hi just thought i would let u no that u can buy atasol 8s from the pharamasit they helped me
Im a 32 yr old mother w 4 kids and a loving husband.  I first was introduced to hydrocone at age 23 due  to having my tubes tied. Been Hooked ever since.  I take about  8 10mg a day. Never was prescribed to me. So buying b them Off people is annoying and expensive.  I want to stop because its not right. ... its selFish....and im killing myself.  Don't have money to go seek help and im terrified of withdraws. I've gone 3 days w out and  it scared me. Now im hooked again. Can v someone please help?
Hi J    You will get plenty of help advice and support here. Just go up to the top of this page and hit the orange "post a question" bar.  Paste your above paragraph you just wrote into that and add a title . You will then have your very own thread and tons of people will come on and support you . You can do it and get your life back . It is tough at first but it gets easier . Hope this helps
I've been on 10 mg percs for the past two years due to fibromyalgia pain and back pain.  I take ten mgs every six hours. The past few days I've had horrible restless legs. I was taking more than I was supposed to for a few days but would that be enough to cause horrible else?  I can't sleep because I can't stop moving my legs. Help
im 25 years old now on day 4 of withdrawals. I unknowingly took my first percocet when I was 21. I loved it, but I wasn't addicted to it. so I took them once in a blue moon up until I was 23 I had access to practically unlimited percocet 5/325. at first I'd only take 1 or 2 a day. then it turned into 5 a day, then 10 a day, then 20 a day. The most I've taken a day was probably 60. How am I still alive appear to be healthy? I have no idea. I tried so many times to get off of them but every time I got to day 2 or day 3 I'd give up and start all over again. I've gone through withdrawals at least 10 times already possible more in the past two years. What I will say though is that for my body, the first time I went through withdrawals was the worse, then with each time I went through withdrawals again it seemed like my body was better at handling the dramatic changes and help me recover faster. For example, one of the worst things for me during withdrawals was having horrible knee pain and restless leg syndrome at night. now, the past three withdrawals I went through I didn't really get restless leg syndrome. I do still get insomnia though. I don't know how I got to this point. I had so many hopes and dreams now it seems like my young life had been a blur. I still have terrible cravings. So bad to the point that I shamefully even go digging in my grandparents medicine cabinet for any sign of relief. When I was taking 40 on a regular basis I was convinced that I would die by the time I was 35 or so and sadly, I didn't care anymore, I really felt hopeless getting off of this crap. Now, I'm still terrified that I might have kidney disease even if I successfully beat this addiction.
Eve, this post is some six years old and the members who posted here are no longer active. Go to the top of this page and hit the POST A QUESTION button (it's orange). Start your own thread. There is great support here and we can help you through this. If you need help just ask. Hope to see you.
I'm 25 years old and I am extremely addicted to prescription drugs I've been taking them for almost 3 years now and I  depend on them everyday I can't get out of bed I can't move unless I have them I have it embedded  in my head that I absolutely need them I've went from 155 pound down to 123 pounds I lost my appetite I'm pretty sure that my liver shot I started using meth at a very young age and  my life turned upside down I've been clean from that for 3 years now and I will never ever ever in my life again touch it  I hate it I can't stand it it makes me sick to my stomach even  thinking about it and I know that I'll never use it again but what I've done is I replaced that addiction with another addiction .at this point in my life I am extremely disgusted with how much weight lost and how I can't do my daily duties unless I have them I have started looking into treatment programs I do have an OK support system and I'm just taking the first step because I can feel  my body deteriating and  I know that it's taking a toll on  my liver.I'm just so sick of having to deepend on pills don is contacted rehabilitation centers on the Internet so I am waiting for a response from someone
Well, here I go, starting this before I do the kick! I have had a neck injury 20 years ago and 2 years ago lower back and pelvis injury. In all been taking pain meds for 20 years off and on and the last 10 years straight. As my body ages, injuries hurt more, pain has been my life it seems, 6-9 pain level most days. I have always tried to manage the meds use by monthly "adjustments" by going cold turkey long as I could, then spend the next couple days doing 1/4 pills 4 times a day. That helped keep the med use from getting out of control. The one thing that scares me is that regardless of my efforts I have still used them daily. So, I will make post from time to time, hopefully taper down for a couple days then make the jump. I have come to the conclusion that pain is a part of my life, I know my body will produce it's own pain med if I can stop using the artificial ones. I hate depending, "en-slaved" really to these pills, if I'm going to live in pain regardless of meds, well then, I'd rather have a clear mind, and my memory back. SOOOOOO, pray for me, I have read post everywhere on the net and it is scary right now from where I stand, most people say the same things, I know I'm in for it; but with Gods help I can do this!
Yes, I to have a perc habit,I get 300 10-325 a month and by the first week of my script they are gone, withdrawl (withdrawal) let me tell you HORRIBLE as this is a 5th attempt to quit. I have been clean now 6 days and still fighting it, when you are absolutely ready this is how you can do it 1st get cold n flu medicine 2nd get Tylenol ( believe it or not your body does go thru that withdrawl (withdrawal) to ) 3rd get leg cramp med over the counter and anti diarea (diarrhea) med. If it is at all possible try n find someone who has suboxone 8mg cut I in 4 strips take a piece everyday along with the above advise and super complex vitamin B trust me as I said i'm now today 6 days in and just now feeling a bit better but the way i'm looking at it now if I have gone this long why start back up, nobody wants these withdrawls and nobody deserves them, do as I say and pray you can do it. I am living proof, it does get better and I don't even like that saying, but it does you MUST PUSH YOURSELF THRU IT. from CONCERNED
Do not give up ! Keep telling your self ...NOT TODAY I WILL NOT DO ANY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! You can and will beat this and when you are off of everything you will feel so much natural energy. God bless you and all my prayers are with you!
Hey Maximus24!!
your post is very motivating!!! you've motivated me trust me! I hope you can help me thought my this journey.
Thank you.
So, I have made a decision to come off percs and fight this habit. Reading everyone's story very scared of the withdrawals already. But, I can do this and I am going to do this( telling myself over and over again). My plan is not to go cold turkey instead taper it instead for 1 week and then stop ( currently using 8-10 10/325). My concern is that I'm in a nursing school right now I literally have no my time, no time to get/feel sick ( worries me that I might give in) . I was wondering if someone could tell me how long the withdrawals symptoms lasts? Any advise, help, suggestion, encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Hi & Welcome..This is a Old Post..Go up to the top and hit the orange Button to Post your own question..You will get lots of support..OK?

----------OLD POST--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im 67 and im on cold turkey day 5,its hard as hell I was on them 7 years.i wont ever take another one again.good luck all
he has to wean him self off slowly take 6a day when he most needs them in the morning 2   then 2 at noon then 2 at bedtime and do that for 5 days then cut back 2 more and only take when the craving is the strongest then cut back 2 more then cut down to 2 then cut them pills in half and take 2 in the morning 2 at night for 5 days then cut them halfs to fourths till ur strong enough to leave them all together. i   am almost done im down to a quarter of a pill in the morning  and i havent suffered to do it u just have to get your self ready to do it be strong and go forward and dont look back as you go i have beat this and i never wan another narcotic drug in my life i would rather deal with the pain then be addicted ever again
i agree prayers and talking to the lord helps  i love that answer give it to him and let him handle it and dont grab it back he will fix it
how are you doing now?

I've been on Ativan for years and years for anxiety and to sleep.      the shrink had me on 2 mg before bed.    went to NP and she told me to quit taking it when I had 2 days of "nothing important to do."          so I didn't take any last night.   now I'm reading all this stuff about terrible w/d and I don't know if I should start taking it or go with what the NP said.
I don't feel bad, just tired (didn't get much sleep last night w/o Ativan).

will I get w/d symptoms?
Viewing 401-516 comments: