Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Please.. Advice & Insight?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Please.. Advice & Insight?

I have been on opiates since I was 13 because I have degenerative disc disease. I grew a tolerance and when I was 17 was self-admitted into a drug rehab where I was put on suboxone. I've been on subs for 4 years and finally decided I had had enough- everyone talks about how different a person you are after being off of everything and I want to be that person. I took off of work last month for 2 weeks thinking that would be enough time, it wasnt- I relapsed multiple times and now today is my 4th day with nothing in my system.. I would love for someone to let me know how long the intense withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms last so I can go about dealing with the fatigue and all that afterwards. Im having a really rough time trying to make it through this and just want to be totally opiate free!! Please let me know how long the intense sub with drawl symptoms last.. Im miserable and I don't want to relapse. I want to do this because I know there is light at the end of the tunnel
hi and welcome!  i don't have experience with subs but someone will come along soon that does and can give you some info...just wanted to lend my support and want you to know you are not lone.....this is a great site and the people here are very supportive.....

just hang tight..someone will be along soon to help!  good luck!!
I am currently addicted to hydros and that's as far as I have gone but I undestand the DEMON that you are dealing with. The feeling of the WANT IT GOT TO HAVE IT never goes away. I fight everyday to take my meds as prescribed by my physician. I have 2 children so sometimes I sit and look at their pic or a pic of my husband or mother and it gives me strength. I wish you the best of luck. know that you are not alone and that there are many addicts that are fighting the same fight that you are fighting. Keep in touch
Thank you, that means a lot to me!!! I just came across this website and thought it might be helpful to get advice from fellow addicts and idk I just really appreciate your kind and supportive words
Thank you! I know we have a little different addictions but when it comes down to it, they are all opiates; Highly addictive and withdrawl (withdrawal) that is like the flu. I appreciate the support that I've gotten already since the post I put up 15 minutes ago. Thanks so much! & trust me if you can get through this just like we are all trying to do, you and I know the the rewards are enormous. Whether its me going somewhere in my life and not being a couch potato or you being able to be with your children and support them drug-free
No problem...........we are all in this TOGETHER. I just found the website 2 days ago and hav already found so much inspiration!!! Keep in touch and message me anytime you need a shoulder.
I will, and your support means a lot even though I know next to nothing about you and have never met you before... I appreciate it more than you know
I have no experience with suboxeuone ? But I do have Degenerative Disk Disorder I had surgery  a year ago it was the best thing I ever did with the exception of discontinuing my prescription use of opioids.   The support is tremendous on this site and it is what gets me thru!  Check out my posts taking the plunge Blonde Chick10 as I have shared a lot of my thoughts and feelings.  Warm wishes..
If it wasnt for Degenerative Disc Disease I wonder if I would have ever had the substance abuse issues that I have. I know how painful it is, and although I only have 1 bulging disc right now, my father had fusion surgery (screws, rods and 30 staples), so I know my disease is progressing as I type. I really do hope the support on this site is helpful because all I want to do is kick this habit. It started with 2.5 hydrocodone for the pain, then 5mg, then 10, then taking 10 mg methadone and 15 mg morphine to kill the pain AND get high. Once I hit rehab the doctor put me on suboxone (everyone else in the rehab was being weened down), but because of my back issues he kept me on it. & here I am 4 years later with an addiction to suboxone I don't want. It's stressful and withdrawl (withdrawal) is painful. Im glad you stopped taking the opioids sweetheart- you would have regretted it!
Thank you for the warm wishes and I will check out your posts
You will get thru :) if I can you can.. I tapered as I could not take the plunge... I did the same thing as you with the last two weeks off in December to stop at that point I knew Cold Turkey was not for me.  You are sooo young and have the world ahead of you!  I will check on you. Continue to vent/post good bad or in the middle I found it to be very helpful.
It's just so hard; So far I've got the chills and the restlessness and sweats and Im scared for what's to come. I HAVE to do this though or I will lose my job since I have already been gone for over a month. I do have a few benzos hoping they will take the edge off but they are going quickly and more than anything I need someone to tell me how much longer I have to go so that I don't feel hopeless and hopeless and relapse again. I really do appreciate your support I just hate feeling scared to death for how I will feel tomorrow
Please call a Dr in the morning or go to the ER tonight if it gets so bad.  You have four days you WILL get through.  I know what you mean about work I have a highly visible upper management level position and I dreaded going back to after using vacation time to ponder how to stop using opioids when I should have been on a real vacation in the Caribean or some where warm.   In worked the last three days and it went way better than I thought.  Try and get some rest and just keep thinking about how awesome you have done with four days of freedom .  
Note- please try not to use the same Dr that prescribed the SUB for four years.  .. That seems like a long time.. But I am not an expert.
Hi and welcome. I'm yet another person with Degenerative Disk Disorder. And my dad had a spinal fusion, and my sister had neck surgery. Runs in our family. I've been on Vicodin off and on for almost 4 years and it came to an end 92 days ago. I love my freedom and you will too! Your entire life is in front of you and you're going to be thankful you went through the tunnel to freedom (how I envisioned it as I went through). You'll do this!!  

So, now I'm left with my Degenerative Disk Disease. What I've done, besides 3 PT sessions that totaled 24 weeks, is I kept moving - like an average of 2 1/2 miles a day. I walk, and I also swim. Been doing it for 3 years now and I've walked and kept moving my way to where I can tolerate my lower back without opiates. I also windsurf in the summer, but use a back brace type windsurfing harness. But that's me. No two cases of DDD are the same. You'll need a plan of action to deal with your DDD somehow.

But first things first and that's doing what your doing right now, gaining your freedom. Take everything that's going on one day, or one minute at a time and stay in the now. Don't look into the future. Right now, this moment, your reading this and nothing is affecting your breathing. That's the now. and your WD is simply a series of nows. I know the WD symptoms are tough right now, but you can do this. It will get better soon. I read this in a post a while back: In the end everything is going to be all right. If everything isn't all right, it isn't the end yet. You're going to be just fine CurvC. Keep posting and we'll keep showering you with and support. We've all been there. On this site "I" becomes "we". :-)  
I am going to try to kick it without a hospital's help but if I screw up (which I know I won't since positive thinking is the key), I will go to a rehab or a 3 day detox because I am determined to get through this step. THEN I just have to deal with all the fatigue and depression afterwards but one thing at a time ya know.. but yeah you should have been able to use that vacation time but at the same time you know this is what you need to do for your future.. there will be more vacation opportunities in the future :)
Thank you, your post brought me to tears. Although I came to website looking for answers on how intense and how long suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) can last I have found you wonderful people who are doing and have done what I'm doing, just in one form or another.
I hope that I can go most of my life without needing a fusion surgery because although I only have one bulging disc now, my disease is degenerating rapidly. My father, he had fusion surgery and his pain is so that he is on disability income and is unable to work and ALSO has an addictive personality.
Your words are inspiring that I can get through this and then learn to deal with my DDD one day at a time and I thank you for that!