Please help! How long will these norco withdrawls last?
Hi, I've been using norco for about 2 years on a daily basis. I take at least 9 pills a day of 10/325. I recently got up to taking 3 pills at one time. My last pill was 48hrs ago and I feel really crappy! I am so sleepy and exhausted, but I can't sleep. The first night I slept for about an hour then I got up and went to work. The whole time at work all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. When I got home that was the last thing I could do. I tossed and turned all night. Finally I remembered that I had a few soma that I had taken a long time ago, so I took 1 and I slept for a full 4hrs. I am not going to take anymore soma I just want to be able to stay clear of all meds. Since I've stopped taking norco I've gone through so much. I am cold one min and hot the next. I am not hungry what soever, which is very weird. I sneeze all the time. My body is very weak and I feel kinda depressed. I have the choice of getting some more pills, but I'm trying very hard not to. I hate these withdrawls and I feel like maybe I shouldn't have gone cold turkey so I keep telling myself that maybe I should get these pills and try to come off of them slowly. Does anyone know how long these withdrawls will last? Any advice? PLEASE!! Thanks!
Hello, I am new to this forum and I am suffering from norco addiction. Today is day 1 of being clean from those yellow demons...how many days will I have to go through this. I have 2 beautiful children that need me, and - work full time..so scared to miss work because of this sh*t because I don't want to lose out on this promotion that I've applied for. Someone please help me, I feel like I'm losing my mind.
Plz some one any one help me I wana get of vikz es and narcoz but as soon as I do I feel like I'm goin to literly die God my body startz burning and acheing all over if I dnt take them plz ther has to b sum one outthere dat knowz what I'm goen. Thrww plz plz help me plz
Hey just saw this post and you three should post your own threads so that we can all support you!  Good luck to all three of you, was addicted BIG TIME to norco's and would love to chat with anyone of you, so if you can post your own threads and tell us your story!
Just checking to if my post works...
Now I think I have a physical dependence to opiates. I know I do. Norco in particular. I am here for help with that. Going through withdrwal is killing me. How the hell did this happen? I know better. But it seems that does not matter at the moment. How many days can I look forward to these symptoms? I have barely made it 14 hours and feel like dying. HOW am I actually going to do this? I have back problems. Degenrative disc disease. Bladder cancer brought me to this place. Also, I have just quit valium. So there is no help with me there. HELP!
Plz plz help me I'm gave fibromyalgia and take vikz es and norcos I wana get off of em but whn I dnt take tgwm mt whole body burns anb aches soo bad what do I do plz some one help me!!!!
I have not came out in the open about this to no one. But I am going to right now. Off and on for the last 2 years I have had a norco addiction. It stated out for the last year and a half to were I was taking only 2 a day and that was it. Now for the last month I find reasons to take more than two. I am not happy ever when I take them.
I am now noticing that my mood is just awful, I am over sinsetive,  very angery. I seem to to be never happy. I am married to a wonderful husband and we have 3 wonderful kids. I stated taking them cause when i did oh wow I have some evergy and it was nice. Felt a little like wonder women. Now I do not have a drive to want to do anything. I know that I dont not take a whole lot but I have taken a whole lot through out the years.
I just dont know how to keep the drive in me not to want to take them. I go to bed saying tomorrow will be the day I am going to stop. and ect, ect. It is October 2, 2011 at 1:36 am and I want to be free from this. I want my addiciton to by my children. I want them to be what I need to smile, to get up and to do more things with them.
With my husband I want to smile at him and tell him I love him with out feeling guilty. This secret is killing and i think it is for real. I WANT TO BE FREE!!!!! more than anything in this world. So I will check in tommorw and let you know it I was one day free form this demoned!! Thank you for listening........
I am currently going thru withdrawals from taking narcotic painkillers for years. I can take anywhere from 30-40 10mg tablets in a day. I saw an addiction specialist about this n he prescribed a medicine called suboxone. It is a miracle drug!!!!! It takes away all the physical withdrawal symptoms. It is made from an opiate tho so be sure to take it exactly as prescribed n not for longer than necessary or u can become addicted to that also. I highly recommend this drug to all who know how horrific physical withdrawals can be. I thank god everyday for Dr. Richard Ready in Hinsdale, IL. The best of luck to all of u going thru this hellish nightmare!
hello, i am taking a similar amount that u were and im trying to taper myself off of them i cannot take these withdrawls and im terrified to see a doctor..i was just curious as to what happens when u go to an additcion specialists and is it bad??? if u could respond i would much appreciate it thank you
~norcoaddict
I have been taking vicodin for a year and norco for just about that long before I had to be upgraded for relief...Ive had 5 surgeries in 10 months. Shoulder, both hands, knee then breast... Been a hellish couple years of pain recovery and physical therapy. Now Ive decided to just quit taking all this stuff and its worse than any of what Ive been through yet!!! I went cold turkey 3 weeks ago, feel like Im going crazy, have had the worse every minute headache every day since. Plus tummy pain, no sleep or hideous sleep. Exhaution, mood swings, crying.... Sheesh it just goes on and on.... Went to urgent care, no help. E-mailed my Dr. and she gave me somekind of painkiller injection for the headache and sent me home with prednisone that I am to take for 10 days starting strong then tapering off... Im hoping/praying for any relief... This is not at all what I expected as I didn't get on this stuff or fun and feel Ive been  trapped now with this horrible withdrawal crap... Wondering how long this is supossed to last as Im about ready to punch some one :/ maybe even myself. Don't know what to do, does anyone have ANY answers for me? PLEASE.....
I know i'm a addict,I started taking norco about 8  years ago.It started with one a day for back pain,i'm up to 10 a day.There are days I just want to stop because I feel like crap all the time,but I think i'm more afraid of the withdrawl.With my job I work with the public and I never get one more than one day off at a time,I honestly don't think I could work going through withdrawl.So with everyday that passes I know i'm getting more dependent.I've gotten to the point that I do nothing but work,I don't move off the couch until I have to get ready for work,I haven't cleaed my house in over a year,somedays I don't even shower.I sit and chain smoke waiting to take another pill,most days i'm so digusted with myself that I would rather not be alive but I know my dogs need me so I get up and repeat the day.
You are on your third week drug free?  From what I have read on this forum most of the physical symptoms should be over with.  Mental symptoms can last much longer.  Prednisone has some side effects doesn't it?  Have you been exercising?  Everyone seems to say that is the best to help with mental side of withdrawals.  If you have gone three weeks that is awesome!  you should feel so good about yourself!!
Ann, I am proud of myself. But I STILL have the darn horrible headache... every minute every day, no relief. I sleep sometimes now which is good, but am moody because of the constant nagging pain. Trying to fill my days up by focusing on anything positive to make the day go by faster, hoping tomorrow will be the day Im getting better... Just so cranky which has never been me ever... I sooooo am not giving up now because Ive gotten this far and never want to go through this again. It's the worst thing to happen to someone I think. I won't go back by giving up now... Just wish people would understand what this feels like so I would get a least a little credit here at home for going cold turkey and lasting this long with out begging for help :) sheesh...... God help us all.......
HI WElcome to the forum sounds like your in the midst of this what day are you on we are here to suport you and help but might I suggest you stat your own post go to the top of this page there is a yellowish/orange box marked post a question start your own thred you can start it with your story and how you got where you are how many pills your taking and such this is a really old post your on and it will get overlooked so go a head and post a brand new one good luck and God bless.....Gnarly
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! I am taking 25 norcos and 5 somas at a time am I going to die??? People tell me they have never heard of someone taking that many??? Am I abnormal with this, please help!!!!!!
HI WEll in short if you keep it up your liver or kidneys will fail and thats it for you you have a serious habit and you need to taper off and then quite or just quit your at the make it or break it stage of addiction I have seen worst but not by much time to make some life changeing choices ........detox off that amount will be hell it would be best if you could taper back a bit to like 1/2 that then jump off then its like having the flu for about 4 or 5 days there is a mental bash that comes along with it but right now we need to address the imedate problem of toxicity read some of the posts to get an idea of what your going to go threw look to the lower right of this page for the thomas resipe and pick up the stuff it will help with your detox there is a lot of good info on this page in the health pages read up on it when your ready to start let us know and will walk you threw the process good luck and God bless.......Gnarly  
Hello to everyone: I am very concerned for my husband & a little concerned for myself. My husband has suffered tremendously 4 most of his life with chronic back pain. (please keep reading & I will explain why I am so concerned 4 my him) We've been best friends and through hell and back 4 last 28 months.It started when I was diagnosed with rare form of glaucoma in BOTH eyes along with 2 other eye diseases from July,2009 - Dec. 2009. We had no insurance & ran out of money during that time. One month later in Jan, 2010 I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer deep in abdomen called Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.Had 2 close home based business (lost all income), file bankruptcy,repo of only form of transportation, go on Medicaid & SSI (for me only) & currently face foreclosure of home.I am temporarily in remission, (this lymphoma is notorious for coming back repeatedly) & am so thankful, however, the very potent chemotherapy I was given for 13 hrs every 3 wks 4 7 months completely destroyed my body. Now I suffer daily with chron pain of numerous neuropathies, fibromyalgia, lupus & other auto-immune disorders. Chronic pain is 24/7 even though I take opiates 4 pain, unwillingly so, I might add. I take 75mcg of fentanyl every 72 hrs recently increased from 50 mcg, & now pain mgmt. doctor trying to get me to increase to 100 mcg, but I refuse, plus 30 mg.of Oxycodone 4 X's per day 4 break through pain,10 mg.Valium 2 X's per day & just recently added 50 mg.of Elavil at bed time. Pain mgmt. doc has me down as taking fentanyl every 48 hrs.but I reserve extra 5 patches ea. month 4 my husband. Also have many days where I choose to suffer & take only 1 or 2 Oxy, again saving other two 4 my husband.He doesn't qualify for Medicaid & we have no ins. & almost zero income. Also on food stamps. Big concern 4 husband. We found out in 1998 that his ever increasing back pain was due to sev. things. He was born with unnaturally fused vertebrae in neck & at base of spine. Numerous comp. fractures from several accidents & injuries starting age 12. Has Spinal Stenosis &Arthritis in most of spine. Also,herniated disc at L4 & L5. Diseases have increased over time & he can't even be in a vehicle 4 more than 15 or 20 min. before back pain from neck down, then siatica in both legs (pure torture 4 him). He used 2 take Tylenol daily, do PTexercises,used heating pad on back most hours daily (which has scarred his back horribly) and spends 2 hours ea nite taking very hot baths just before bed. In June,2007, he finally agreed 2 see my family doc.who started him on Vic 5mg. up to 4 X's day & Soma 4 X's day. He started to feel better than he had since he was a child! So,he was HOOKED. Started building up tolerance. Meds no longer working 4 pain. Became miserable again. Doctor started increasing doses & now is prescribed 6 Norco & 5 Soma per day. That works out to be 180 Norco &150 Soma per month. Also prescribed 2 mg. Xanax & Buspar daily. HOWEVER, this is no longer enough. For 6-8 months has been going  through all  Norco & Soma in 10 days. THAT'S 18 Norco &15 Soma per day! He is allowed refill every 28 days,so has 2 suffer with no Norco or Soma for 18 days ea. month. Enabler that I am, & even though my pain is extreme, I give him 5 patches of fentanyl ea month which last him 15 of those 18 days but does NOT give much pain relief at all. Says Norco puts Fentanyl 2 shame in comparison. I also give up 50 - 60 of my Oxy which he consumes in about 5 of those18 days.We literally both go through hell from pain and he suffers withdrawal 18 days ea month. No one knows about this. My pain is horrible because I do without by giving my meds 2 him. I have so many disorders from chemo. Even have chronic Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis in every joint, broken cocyx, several hern.discs, degen. disc disease, Spinal Stenosis (like he does) in addition 2 all other disorders mentioned. The difference is that I HATE TAKING PAIN MEDS! I have no problem stopping them if we can figure out a way to lessen my pain with other therapies. Neuropathy alone has both my feet,ankles &knees to be so swollen that they look like they will burst at any moment. I have very little mobility. Use a walker & some days am confined to a wheel chair. My husband is my caregiver too. Can no longer get in or out of bed by myself. Nor a chair, commode, etc. Still, I enable him by giving up my meds 2 him. He truly hurts so much & I love him 2 much 2 watch him suffer. He feels ashamed that he isn't as strong as I am when it comes 2 being able to tolerate high pain levels. The truth is I cry from pain several times a day behind his back just so he doesn't have 2 watch me suffer as much. I have 2 try 2 hide some of intense pain I go through or he'll eventually fall apart emotionally. His mom died suddenly on September 8th from cancer. We had no trans. 2 get 2 her before she drew her last breath as she lived an hour away & no one was available 2 get us there last minute.He is a really good man,kind & gentle natured, a loving caregiver, going through torturous physical pain himself daily, along with shame of not being able to provide 4 us financially, along with guilt &
shame of being dependent of high doses of these meds just to get a little relief 4 only10 days ea month.Also heartache of watching me suffer 4 last 28 months from cancer, its side effects of intense pain,vomiting & now inability to move on my own, along with shame of taking a lot of my meds just so he can be strong enough 2 help pick me up sev. X's day & night from bed or chair help me take long walk 2 bathroom & back again,etc. We have no one else who helps us. We are alone most days & can't leave our house. We may lose our house 2 foreclosure & have no idea where we will live. This adds to his feelings of shame, guilt & helplessness.I believe in the power of prayer, meditation & positive thinking. I spend my days on my computer (when I have enough physical strength) researching everything. That's how I found this thread. Being new 2 this site, I hope this long email finds itself in front of the right people. I read one post from the wife of a man who posted asking this forum 4 help as he was taking same amount of Norco and Soma that my beloved takes. She posted that he DIED from overdose just a few days after his post 4 help here. Her post was in anger (understandably) as she is now a widow with 2 children. I too, am afraid that my husband, my soul mate could die unexpectedly from the massive doses he takes just to have 10 days per month of some relief & where he feels like he can take better care of me. He is my hero & as I actually died from the chemo twice last year (and was revived at the hospital each time), I know he is scared & takes large doses partly because he is afraid of losing me. He refuses to let any doctor or therapist know or help because they will treat him as an addict when actually he is just a man with severe,chronic pain that is only relieved by Norco & Soma. Nothing else works for him. We have tried almost all meds & therapies available for his kind of pain. CAN ANY ONE HELP?
I'm so sorry for all you and your husband have gone through. My only advise would be to search for free medical help for your husband and get family or friends involved to help care for you. There are other options for your husband like pain management and someone (not you) to handle his medication intake so it is taken appropriatley and not mishandled. I will think of you, and pray that you can make this work for both of you.
I too take Norco and soma. I take two Norco and one soma every three hours, how r you doing?
Sorry, I haven't been to the site to see your kind reply. My husband is now getting multiple tests again. CT Scan already done, showed two hernias and something on his scrotum for which they will be doing an ultra sound on. He had hernia surgery on his left lower abdomen area two years ago and due to his back trauma it took 7 weeks instead of 3 to heal. Now he has one on each side due to having to pick me up out of bed several times a night or help me on to my feet from a chair, etc. He has 3 MRI's coming up. Two on his upper and lower back on 12-20-11 and one MRI of his head and neck area (along with the scrotum ultra sound and a bone density test) on January 9, 2012. He sees the hernia surgeon on 2-14-12 (nice Valentine's day..ugh!) who will discuss the two hernias and surgery options. In the meantime, my condition has worsened and we are fighting depression daily. We will survive it only because we really, really love each other so much. Thank God for that! Chronic pain to such intensity is very hard to watch your loved one go through. Even harder to watch as you, yourself are screaming from pain. We cry for each other and ourselves daily now. We didn't ask for any of this and he is NOT an addict. He has simply become opiate tolerant where it takes more of the meds to provide enough relief to just function like normal people get to do everyday. And doctors are at a loss so far. We'll hopefully have answers after all his tests come back. That is when he will be seeing a county pain management doctor that our primary care doctor has referred him too. It is 6:30 am (central time) and I went to bed at 11:30 pm but woke up an hour later @ 12:30 am, screaming from pain all over. After he was able to lift me to my feet, my husband once again helped me walk to the bathroom. I just couldn't lay down again because that is when I hurt all over the most. So, once again I've been up all night. Beds. They bring on so much pain. And we have a king sized tempurpedic mattress too. You'd think it would help, but no! My new specialist is a Rheumatologist and she did different lab work up. I definitely have full blown fibromyalgia she said. So she has started me on another med called Savella. It starts out with low dosage working up to 100 mg. per day. Today will be day 3 out of 28 days of the trial. OK...enough of all that. Thanks again for taking the time to post. Your compassion is felt and so appreciated. I wish you and yours a very happy, healthy and Blessed holiday. ---Peace.
I have been an addict for a long time since i was 14 years old doing coke,weed,xanax,viks and the worst of all of them is noroco i have never felt withdrawals like those i have been taken them from a doctor for almost a year but i have been taken them by the street doc for 10 years i am 26 now i feel like a hot mess always tired lost a lot of weight lost friends lost my girl yea i found a good girl who wants to help me but the fear of actually feeling sober scares me i am high right now i hate the stomach pain all your joints hurt head hurts the doc said the stuff would help pain not make more of it..i am only 26 but i have the back of an 60 year old man i was workn my whole teen life in construction and i have nothing im a 26 year old burn out it makes me sick thinking about whats gonna happen when i dont get anymore had to vent i hope all of you get better and dont turn out like me i am just killn myself slowly takn this **** you all are to you all have people that love you and if you dont i got a lil love i can give to make you stop takn this ****    
Greetings --

Last year I was on this page after googling Norco addiction. I wanted to read other people deal with the same problem and how to overcome it. I promised myself if a year later I was off Norco, I'd come here and write it can be done.

Two years ago, I fell off a speeding bike. My shoulder was dislocated, my left arm broke, and I was bruised on most parts. In the ambulance, they were giving me morphine but it wasn't doing anything, at all. Then once they "put me back together," I woke up and they gave me a couple of bottles of pain killers to take home. At first, I was so happy these little magical pills were taking most of the pain away. After my shoulder surgery, they gave me more Norco. Five months later, I realized I was no longer taking the pills for the physical pain... I was taking them to feel happy and when I tested myself for one day and didn't take one, I realized I was in big trouble. Still, I didn't quit them. Then one day it was time for me to pick up a refill and I didn't. I locked myself in for a week, hoping I would get it out of my system. That week will never leave my memory. It was difficult, sweaty (ugh) and never before I felt so RESTLESS, but then I felt fine. A month later, I wasn't even craving a Norco. It's been a year without that dangerous drug and I'm doing just fine, very healthy and happy. Maybe instead of doing it on your own, you can ask for professional help, but the important thing is that you can do it even though at the time you're battling it, it seems just impossible.

By the way, no matter what happens to me in the future, I will refuse to take another pain killer. I rather suffer intense physical pain than go through that type of battle all over again. The dependency on a little pill had me feel like a weak thing and so I tell anyone out there ABOUT TO take a pain killer, don't do it because it will do more damage than good... in fact, it won't do any good, at all. The "good" a pain killer does is like a magic trick. Stay away.

Best wishes.
It is awesome to finally read a post that has a happy ending! Even though we don't know each other, I am very proud and thankful for you....and with you. Our situation has not improved as more test results have shown that my husband's numerous conditions have only worsened. Each time the doctor calls with results of the MRI's, CT Scan, etc., his sense of hopelessness increases. His pain is extreme and covers most of his body every second of each day for over 20 years. My pain issues originally stem from a "not at fault" auto accident, then a rare form of Glaucoma (even went blind for a few weeks), two other critical eye diseases, and last but not least, the debilitating remnants of taking 5 powerful chemotherapy drugs for almost a year. So, I myself am taking massive doses of Fentanyl transdermal patch of 100 mcg.every 72 hours, 40 mg. of Oxycodone up to four times a day (as needed), Norflex twice a day and 1 mg of Xanax up to twice a day for the anxiety that pain spikes cause. Chemotherapy destroys the body as it kills the cancer. But in many cases (like me) the destruction leads to intense chronic pain and numerous neuropathy issues and auto-immune problems. However, I have always been one to refuse pain medications until the pain reaches a point that I can no longer stand the pain. I start vomiting from the pain and the spasms, and sometimes have seizures. So, when the pain reaches a 8 or 9 on the 1 through 10 pain "scale" (with 10 being the worst imaginable), I take my spike meds (Oxy, Norflex, Xanax). Every few months I try to stop my spike meds just to see where I really am with the pain. After 1 or 2 days I realize that my body is still significantly damaged and I have to take the meds. I know that if the doctors could fix my body, I would have no problem getting off of all of the drugs. Even with severe withdrawals. That's because in my mind, I HATE TOXINS! But until they find cures for all of my nerve damage, eye damage, bone damage, fibromyalgia and lupus issues, I have to take the meds. But for those of you who are no longer plagued with pain, and are dealing with being addicted to these medications just to feel "normal", I truly empathize with you. You suffer because the medications have caused a chemical change in a part of your brain. It's NOT YOUR FAULT! If you have a good relationship with your doctors, you should try to tell them what has happened. Seeing a pain management specialist is your best bet. They understand more than regular MD's or family practice doctors and would be the kind of doctor that has the knowledge and experience to best help you. My prayer for everyone reading this post is that you not only keep looking for answers, but that you stay hopeful. Without hope, you lose your faith. And that's never good. So, keep searching and trying....over and over and over again. There is an answer to your addictions. Your job is to keep up your strength to keep looking without giving up. Here's to a world free of "Big Pharma" and their not-so-innocent agendas. Here's to your freedom from pain and/or addiction. Here's to Ultimate Health, Peace and Well Being...sent in love from me to all of you.
I have been taking norcos 10/325 for about two years around 5-10 a day.. I have also been taking.g 50 mlg transfer since November. I ran out of both now and have had nothing since Friday 02/10/2012 going into this third day I a wreck !! Anxiety through the roof, tired, irritable, unmotivated, and downright depressed.... I don't i.e. what to do !! I rather not live than feel like this... I scared, alone, and desperate.....
You should create a new post so that more people can answer.  This is an older post.  Hang in there......This is just temporary and it is difficult going from high to low in a matter of a few days.  I would recommend posting a new question and we can talk from there.....
I am the same as you.  Was so together and happy and now doom seems to follow me on a daily basis.  I am having a hard time writing this and my memory is failing. It feels like brain atrophy....along with my muscle atrophy.  How did I become this person.  I take Norco only 7.5 mg a day to motivate me and help with the pain. I could tolerate if I could only relax enough and now 7.5  is not enough.  Have been on these for almost four months due to severe injury.  Where is the help after dosing... I have been everywhere and I am just breathing in and out everyday.  Not living.  Who is that person in the mirror.  I look the same but I am not ME.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST AS I STRUGGLE EVERYDAY THINKING I AM LOSING MY MIND!

GOD BLESS
I have an inoperable arthritic condition in my lower spine. I am on epeidurals monthly and 10/325 norco 3x daily. Plus a shot of vodka now and then to help it kick in better.  Since my conditon with my back is chronic I cant stop the meds even thought I want to. This ***** so bad and i've considered ending it all except I have 2 youngsters. If I stop the Norco the pain in my back is so bad that I dont even notice the withdrawals. I wish someone could help me.
I found this forum while googling how to cope with norco withdrawals.

I have a pretty good record with quitting cold turkey when it comes to addiction. I quit smoking almost 7 years ago, after a 9-10 year habit. (yea i know, i was 10 or 11 when i started..) that took 3 days of fighting the urges, i got headaches, but took aspirin, and the occasional sick stomach. I drank heavily/daily from the ages of 18-24....i lucked out with that one, because i nearly died, and every drink after made me puke. Since that one night, i've had less than 20 drinks in 3-4 years... Haven't been drunk since... still have an occasional drink every now and then, but NOT addicted at all...

For the last 4-5 years i've had horrible back pain, that caused me to lose my job, and insurance (long story) and forced me to move back home. Dealt with severe depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety.. as I had no money, no help to get my back pain resolved.. couldn't even get pain pills...no over the counter meds helped. So in august of 2010 my back pain reached it's point where it crippled me, and i wanted to end my life bad...rushed to the hospital... (lost feeling in my right leg to my toes, as a result) it took 9 months for me to get approved for/find a state funded insurance that was just created in jan. 2011... I have a laundry list of genetically caused problems with my back, stemming from when I was 8 months old and had spinal meningitis.. 99% can never be fixed, or touched as, the slightest thing could paralyze me. It seems my back pain was a ticking time bomb...and 27 years into life, it finally explodes...

so anyways... dr. gave me vicodin, and my body got immuned to that fast, so he prescribed me norcos 10/325... that helped great! i was taking 4 a day... no big deal... then a year to the date i went to hospital, i had back surgery to try and get feeling in my leg and foot back... dr. said it could comeback right away, 2 years, or never... after surgery i was in so much pain, i was taking 8-12 norcos a day.... so i can say i've been addicted for 7 months now.. and within the last few days i've decided to stop as, i realized i was addicted.... I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ANOTHER NORCO!!!

I am on day four, and can't sleep, i sneeze a lot (which kills my back) lost my appetite, i'm always jittery, can't get comfortable laying down, sitting - anxiety and shortness of breath... this is hell... never have i had withdrawal symptoms this bad and hard to bare... i'm very depressed.... i'm meeting with a primary care dr. today to see what he can do for me.. i'm hoping to get something to relax me, and let me fall asleep.. in 4 days i've gotten 8 hours of sleep maybe... an hour at a time...

i'm glad to hear all these stories as they help my mental stability, and give me hope!
Ive taken between 6 to 12 norcos 10/325 everyday for 7 years and Im finally off.  Been for 4 weeks now, and Ill tell you what this is the second time ive come off them and it took 6 months realistically to get back to normal.  Tapering off is the way to go.  I went to 3 a day for a bit then  2 a day for a bit then i broke those little bastards in half and went to 3 halfs a day for a while then 2 halfs a day for a while then to one half a day saved it for night just to get some sleep. your legs kill ya your body hurts and your mind is mush you puke and crap all day long, but anyone with will can do it. the hard part is not getting them again.  Exercise this whole time till you feel like you cant move pushups situps jumping jacks whatever just do it it will make it better.  Im still kinda sick to my stomach and my legs kill and the restless nights still are a ***** sorry to say but you need to know to be prepared.  so you wont go back.  know your life will suck fir the next months but know you will get the rest of your life back.  F those pills I hate them but nothing makes you work better and feel better lets be real. Good luck to you all and to me.  buy extra toilet paper lol have fun sorry but you need to have good humor about it the poor me attitude will never work!
I just found out my Dr is cutting me off and I'm scared of the withdraws I hope he gives me a lower dose then cuts me off
I have been using norcos for about 2 yrs. It got up to about 20 per day. I have stopped cold turkey and am very sick. I have migraines and am  very nauseas. I can't even think about food. But it has been 2 days. I keep trying to remind myself that this suffering will be worth it in the long run because i'll be off the norco. I had knee pain when I started taking them, next thing I knew I was addicted.  Any tips on how to deal with the nausea?
This is an older post, you may want to start your own thread so that people will be able to help you! I am going through withdrawal right now I know how you feel! Nausea they say can be helped with dramamine or maybs phenergran (but I think that is rx). Wish you the best, stay strong you can do this!!
A u can still take little by little that's how I did it I was taking over 100 of the 10s norcos every day for like 5 months I go on and off all the time  just take some win u really fill like **** and go from there I'm just letting u know it works
Thank you for the neurontin advise. I am in my first 24 hrs. I had to take my first single dose of Norco 750 after a severe anxiety attack which occured after 22 hours of cold turkey. I also took two Neurontin for the anxiety attack per your advise and it has subsided. I think if i take one Norco a day and two Neurontin a day I might be able to taper off because I was only taking 5-6 a day. What do you think?
Oh and my use of Norco has been for three years of prescriptions
Is there anything you can do to help with withdrawls .. I'm only 18 and norcos have ruined my life.. I have already been on saboxen but I have RA very badley and the norcos where the only thing that works for me.. I'm ran out now and I feel like I'm dying is this dangrrous what should I do?
I was no Norco 10/350 for 3 months and 14 days.  I am now off of them and feeling sick all the time.  How long does the withdraw last.  Is their any thing that we can do for it?
OMG, I am so glad I found this page..I thought I was going crazy..I have been off the Norco for 3 weeks and still feel like crap..dizzy all day long and I cant concentrate...I have anxiety like crazy..I just want to know how long this last...
I have been reading everyone's post and you guys are so strong you can do this! You have people that love you and life is really wonderful when your straight. I am having issues with my husband and his taking narcos. I have found them in his car, in his pockets and randomly on the floor. He swears he isn't taking them anymore but I can tell when he is on them. He has lied to me several times about them and then swears he will stop taking them. I don't trust him and I don't know what to do. I don't want to see our marriage break up but, I cannot continue like this.
Ive been on Norco for 3 to 4 years I had to quit cold turkey Its been 4 days  I was taking 2 in the morn. and 5 and half at night all at once  I cant sleep at night and now Im getting stomach cramps starting today I need help

I been taken Lortab 7.5 like 6-9 a day I ran out I was in another country, I went nut.  I went to doctor and he gave me Norco 10,500  I was taking about 4 to6 a day I been on these drugs 25 years.  I went to bed and sleep 12 hours and I wake up carzy.  I said I got to stop and I did by praying and I took this med. a long time ago I hate it but real help with getting off Norco, it stop all pain because Norco want you to have pain to take more. so I ask my dr. to put me on Amitriptyline 25mg. I called my Daughter told here I was wanting to take Norco, she said Dad take 4 of Amitriptyline 25mg and that did not help because Norco cause leg pain very bad, I call my Daughter and said take more Amitriptyline 25mg I took a total of 9 in one night, then next night I took 1.  Amitriptyline 25mg stay in your body a long time but it not habit forming, I been of Norco now for 4 week, thank my Lord Jesus Christ and his Father in Heaven and the power of the Holy Spirit.. I made it....... and You can to I got real mad knowing this drug was control me and that when i said no more and just stop the Amitriptyline 25mg took the pain away last night I took one quater of Amitriptyline 25mg I do not like this drug but one quater of Amitriptyline 25mg is like 6 mg I was in a car wreck and my neck fracture in 3 places and hurt my back, I still have pain but I still had pain when I was taking Norco so what the differents pain with or with out you can deal with pain I keep geeting hurt like I torn my big toe nail off one night I went to bed it hurt about 2 min. because the other pain in my body is much greater, you just got to deal with pain and do not let it control you. Have a good day Robert......
You give me hope.  I have been on norco for about 5 years. I'm tired of taking it and I ran out. So I figured no better time then the present! I was taking 2weeks ago about 8 a day, it had went down today is my first day with out. But I'm feeling it:// restless legs, pain ect... Is there anything natural to help? What can I do?
I am 48 hrs into quitting norco 10/325. I've been reading here, and it was helping but last night was unbearable. My legs wouldn't stop, my skin prickled, sweats, goosebumps...and the sneezing aaaaargh! I took 10 mg melatonin to help sleep. I got about 3 hrs. I'm a 45 year old woman whose been comfortably numb for years, but opening the floodgates of emotions and pain all at once is almost too much to bear. Please, any suggestions??
trying to quit the Norco habit, 10/325, 8 a day for 10 years but no longer have access, I have a few 5/325 but trying not to take those - starting to jones pretty bad - how do you guys get thru this?
this is rough. I have been right where you are. It is a desperate horrid feeling, with no relief and no end in sight. there is help , and there is hope. hang in there. This is an old post. Go to the top of the page and hit the green button "post a question." The people on this site are amazing and supportive. Welcome.