Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Please help im in love with Xanax addict and I need to understand his d...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Please help im in love with Xanax addict and I need to understand his disease...

First of all I would like to say thank God for forums of this nature.  I have been up all night looking up Xanax and pot addiction, poetry of addicts etc and stumbled across this.  Call me crazy and I will say your right.  But I am in love with a wonderful man whos life has been through hell and back due to his 15mg a day use of xanax(for the past 2 years) and 7-8 joint a day addiction for the past 11.  He doesn't have his teaching career due to his disease. He is having withdrawals when he wakes up from sleep because of the xanax.  Stomach pains (excruciating in his own words), diarrhea, dry mouth, paranoia, moodiness, vomitting, everything.  I have researched xanax at my work because I administer medications daily to my clients and was so surprised that Xanax can cause coma, death and even seizures.  I am scared for his life.  I have tried to understand when he says "baby, i cant quit, it hurts too much, I just have to live with it.All the pain goes away when i pop that lil pill, you just don't understand."  But I want to understand, I just don't know how to.  
Lately he has come out of his denial admitting he has a problem and admitting he needs and wants help, he is just scared toand has no insurance.  I guess I have many questions on how i can help him without being so preachy, so pushy but also not losing myself to his addiction as well.  WE are in a long distant relationship which makes it even more difficult.  
Are there any free rehab programs in Miami or near Miami? How do I deal with all my feelings without hurting him in the process?  Please help.......ty  Ren
I wish I could help you, but I don't know much about Xanax addiction. I'm addicted to vicodin. My husband was on xanax about a year ago for a year. I don't think he was ever addicted to it though. He took it for anxiety. He took the 2 mg. kind 3 times a day. 15 mg a day sounds like alot. We recently moved to Michigan and when we moved up here the doctor would'nt prescribe it anymore and he didnt seem to mind much.
I'm not sure if they offer free rehab in Florida. I know they don't here, but they do offer free detox here in Michigan.  It's a 5 day stay.  You are right in assuming that xanax is very dangerous to get off. It's a Benzo as I'm sure you know so people have been known to go into a coma ect. if they try to stop cold turkey. He really should get help from a professional to get off of this. The doctor on this forum will be able to help you more with this. I hope he can get the help he needs. But please make sure he gets professional help because again this is a very dangerous drug to stop taking cold turkey once a person is addicted.
Please keep us informed we are all addicts or recovering addicts so no one makes judgements on people. We are here for you and your husband.
Lots of love and god bless
You will get some great info and insights here.  Xanax withdrawal can be life threatening, I don't mean to scare you.  I was taking 1mg a day for about 9 months.  When i stopped cold turkey, I thoght I was going to lose my mind and I wasn't even addicted to it.  I am not so sure what kind of programs there are with no insurance, but I am sure someone can point you in teh right direction. He must not stop cold turkey at that high dose!!  under ANY circumstance.
Hello!
The first thing that I would do at this site is SEARCH XANAX.
There are lots of "case histories" to read through, to help you understand what people really go through.
A friend of mine successfully got off Xanax, WITH A DOCTORS' SUPERVISION; and although I don't know all the specifics, I do know she was switched to a long acting benzo(Valium), and then did an extremely gradual taper(months).
Good Luck, and know there are a lot of us here for you.
I'm on ativan which I think is simalar to Xanax.  I've only been taking it for a few weeks because I am tapering off vicodin.  My doctor has me taking 1 mg. two times a day except for at bedtime and I take 2 one mg tabs.  I am now down to only taking 5 vicodin a day for 5 days.  This is horrible. Today has been the worst. I have so much anxiety and the ativan is doing nothing for me. Has anyone ever taken 3 one mg. ativan in a dose. I don't want to od, but I can't deal with this anxiety.  I'm not a large person either. I'm normal weight for my height so should'nt the ativan be helping??  I also know that ativan is addicting so I don't want that to be an issue if I take me.
I can't see my doc until Monday which I'll get another script for vicodin when I go. I really want to take more vicodin, but I can't or I'll run out befor Monday.  I am going to talk to my doc on monday and see if we can slow down on the vicodin taper, but she's not going to be in until then..  Plz any suggestions..
I had to kick a 15mg a day Klonopin habit 6-1/2 months ago. Klonopin is a benzo drug like Ativan, and I believe it is very comparable on a mg by mg basis.

I kicked cold turkey and lived. That's the good news. The bad news is that it was indescribably horrifying. I was kicking Oxycontin at the same time, but most of the really bad symptoms I had seemed specific to the klonopin. I didn't sleep for 23 days straight, and ended up in the er because I was truly losing my mind. There were all kinds of hideous symptoms that I won't go into: suffice to say that I felt like about as bad as you can, and every moment of every day I felt like didn't want to be on this earth for another second.

I don't want to scare you, but it sounds like you need to know what kind of demon your man is trying to face down.

The best, and really the only sane way to come of benzos is a slow taper. How is he getting these drugs? If it's legitemate, the prescribing MD should have no problem hammering out a taper schedule. Whether he can stick to it is the question. Most can't, but it can be done.

If he is procuring benzos illegally, he can try to taper himself, dropping perhaps 1mg every two weeks. How long has he been on them? That can be as determining a factor as dosage in withdrwawal severity. If he has insurance with a detox clause, or kaiser, he can perhaps get on an outpatient taper, picking up doled out amounts daily. They will almost certainly want to get him on a longer acting benzo like klonopin for the taper: the problem with xanax is that it's a very short acting benzo, and needs to be taken frequently to stave off withdrawals.

This is a great website for information. Check it out...

www.benzo.org.uk

As far as the pain of withdrawals, he will likely have to go through some of that, no matter what. If he wants a pain free ride out he may never get clean. The mindset that there was some real pain coming my way and that I would handle it no matter what was instrumental in my overcoming that first horrible month. Looking back, it was a worthy tradeoff for a way out. Those things take your mind body and soul in ways you never ever realize until you are of them.
Help Me! My addiction to Norco is out of control. I am taking 800MGs a day (80 pills + 26,000!! tylenol). I know, I know... I am killing myself.  I have tried to taper a few times but it is so hard. I have backed it down temporarily to about 200-300mgs of hydro a day and I can feel the affects. I have talked to a Dr. I can sort of trust. She is willing to helop me but I think she is still wary of my overall goals (I would be too if I were her! She is dealing with an addict). With this level of addition am I facing dangerous results from going cold turkey? I have requested either bup. clonadine patch or both from my doc to help. I only have about 30 norco's left in my possession and that will not change for a week or so. I am in for some pain. I need to know the best solution! How do Meth. clinics work? Inpatient only? Can I get meth. on the street and do the detox myself? Hard to tell from where I am right now but I have an incredible sense of discipline usually.

Please please help, I am starting to feel it bad!

I'm done (again!)
you might want to go to the web site for xanax called

benzo.org.uk
or
benzo busters.
peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you don't have ins, all you have to do
is go to the detox and tell them he wants to kill himself
and then they have to take him , that is the law ,
and they will bill him later.
in essence it is true because addicts are killing them selves.
peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am I reading this straight? you are taking 80 pills a day? Please tell me I am reading this wrong. For one where in the hell do you get them? Two 26,000 mg of tylenol? Your liver is dying. you need help fast! Norco is just another trade name for vicodin and I assume its the same mgs like 5/7.5/10 mg. Please tell me more I take like only between 7-9 7.5 vikes a day and thats not bad. w/b Baddgirl
ronsin , i read your post below, and trid to get in touch
but it did not go through, i left my email below.
try geetin touch with me.
Well, I have read about high dose cases like this, and this is a very high dose.

There may be good news, and that is that you may be able to substantially cut your dose, and still be on a dose high enough to cover your pain.

At 14 Norco a day, my highest dose ever, I felt like absolute ****, and had anxiety, depression, and sleep problems. I also had some breathing problems.

You came here because you need help and you know it. Congratulations on taking the first step! I think I agree with BadGirl, this is such a high dose, that if I were you, I would get in to see a Specialist - an addictionologist or perhaps a Pain Management doc ASAP. Put everyhting else on hold, as this dosage if continued could be lethal. My doc told me that Norco is not particularly bad on any organs, but with enough in your system can cause your heart to stop or a stroke.

Don;t wait - get in to see a specialist as soon as possible, even if you have to pay for the first appointment out of pocket. When you see this Doc, lay everything and I mean everything on the table - 100% accuracy on what you are taking. It will likely be uncomfortable for you for some time, but you have taken the right first step down the right road, OK?

We will all be praying here for you.

Good luck,

Rex
You might want to try the tough approach if you really can't live with it (his addiction); "Its Xanex or me"!!!!.......Otherweise, He's got to make the effort. Good Luck
Your boy friend will need to be highly motivated if he is going to have any chance to get and remain clean.  The cold fact is that you can do nothing except keep yourself out of harms way.  Your boy friend found his way into this and like every addict will need to find his own way out. If it is your intention to marry this person, as an addict myself, I suggest you reconsider any permanant bond with this person.
Hey guys, can we get your advice here for ImDone?

Welcome! You are not alone. I was taking 800mgs oxycodone a day (percoset, but I was taking it as Oxycontin). It's kind of nice to know someone else took this amount, though I know it sucks being where you are.

This is the way I got out...

-I was able to taper down, sporadically, to where I could handle 500 or so mgs a day

-I did a 21 day methadone detox, starting at 60 mgs, down to 0 in 21 days

-I RESISTED all desire to get on methadone maintenance, and all advice to do so. 21 days was all I was willing to do on methadone, and I strongly suggest the same

-I got clonodine pathes and some trazadone from the clinic on my last day

-I kicked cold after that, and made sure I had no responsibilities for a month. I had my girlfriend get me food, and I watched the history channel on the futon for 3 weeks straight.

-I had the mindset that I would take any and all pain that came my way, and that things would get better if I waited it out. I kept telling myself a quote I had heard, "A man is as strong as he let's himself be"

-I got heavily involved in a 12 step program for recovering alkies and addicts

And... 6-1/2 mos. later things are really good. I was addicted to benzos too and withdrew from them when I withdrew from opaites, so my detox was probably much much worse than what you will have to go through.

I wasn't able to get into a medically supervised detox, but that is what I wanted to do, and is probably the best option. However, it CAN BE DONE, in a variety of ways.
So is what the doc gave me (bupropion) and bupenorphine the same? Did she mess up?

I'm Done
I picked up 2 methodone pills today on the street in case it seemed that meth. would be a viable solution for me. With my addiction level being so high (60-80 10/325 pills a day) I just need to do ANYTHING to drop that into 1/2. 1/3 or 1/4 of what it is!!! I am willing to risk Meth and it's side affects at this point. I mean what is the down side? The Tylenol I am consuming is gonna kill me soon anyway, right??

I'm done
I know this is totally off the subject but how does a OcyContin 80mg(the time-released version) compare in "power" to  Norco (10mg hydro). Is 80mg of Oxycontin equivilant to 80mg of Hydro? Any detailsed explanations from the experts out there?

I'd love to know how it all fits together.

I'm Done
You probably have 80 mg of methadone if you have 2 wafers.  That is enough to do a detox or hold you till you get more pills. It stays in your system 48 hours.  I suggest you take them over a 5 day period when the worst will be over.  Do not abuse or stay too long on the methadone.  You will give yourself a much worse habit than you have now.
Regarding the wafers, what is the inscription on them, if any? If it has one, go to rxlist.com and get it identified. Always get your street pills identified! There are plenty of legitimate resources online for pill id.

Regarding hydro VS. oxy, I could never find a real equivalency. Opinions vary wildly. Some say that oxy is twice as strong as hydro. I find them very comparable mg for mg, in the high and in the withdrawal.
Has anyone heard of this method? It takes 3 hours and the person is completely straight. They use something called Naltrexone. The patient is under anesthesia during the process. Do a search for "Project Straight" .... it sounds so futuristic!
All may not be lost with your liver if you have been only on that amt for a month but I am not a doc just work in medical field. The liver Thank God regenerates itself once the substance is removed but please please lower your dosage. The liver transplant list is long. You could have possibly have done damage already and have acute drug induced liver toxicity or hepatitis I am not trying to scare you but maybe you need to be We all care about you I have never in my life heard of such a high dailet dosage, my rx's of choice are vikes preferably 7.5 no doc ever rx'es me 10 mg I also love percs 5 and 10mg I had a total hip replacement in may and get them from time to time but Jan 1 is my date no more, I had 5 years clean before last Sept and knew someone who sells theres and used sept 11th as a means to start using again, anyway my story is long and boring but I think the consensus is we all want to help you LOve Baddgirl
I know how you feel. I have  a boyfriend that was adopted,and his bio parents smoked crack and did lots of methodone while she was pregnant. So basically they were born addicted to drugs. My boyfriend is currently taking Xanax, smoking weed, crystal meth, sometimes methadone. We call Xanax "Barrs" so to speak with is a two mg barr of xanax. We both used to take them frequently, 4-5 barrs a day or every other day. I was fortunate enough to quit before I was addicted, he on the other hand is still doing it. I don't know how to help him, his brother is much worse off than him. He currently just kicked his bad habit of methadone addiction. It was not easy for him, he still takes barrs, but goes through withdrawals if he doesn't take some xanax at least once a day or his klonopins. He has had 3 seizures while driving and just currently had his license revoked because of that. You need to consult a doctor or have him take less and less mgs a day till he can completly kick the drug. I know how you feel with the whole process, my boyfriend has been on drugs for 7 years and it is very hard to watch what they have to go through and know there isn't much you can do to help. They have to want to help themselves before you can do anything to help them   otherwise it's all pointless.
The Methedone pills say "54" and "142: on side A, side B says nothing but has a line slight indented line across the entire rounded pill. It is a completely white pill. I only have 2 and have not taken either nor have I EVER taken Methedone for anything. I am really not a junkie other than my adoration for hydro. I scored about 7 OC 80 Oxycontin just in case I was totally out say early next week and just needed something to help take the edge off. I really mean it this time, I wanna get clean! Do these Meth's sound legit? The dealer said "whatever you do, wait a good 24 houts to get the Pxy out of your system before trying any Meth. Is this true also?

Ok, I am reading the labels on what the doc called in for me and it doesn't sound right. The Clonadine patch sounds right but the other is Bupropion 75mg one pill a day, is that right??  When should I start on these 2 legit detox assistance meds? Now ? Or should I wait until the detox pain gets higher?

Thanks, this board is a life saver (literally!!!)

I'm Done
"I am really not a junkie other than my adoration for hydro"

Dude, 800mgs a day? You're a junkie, or a pillhead, or whatever. It's no biggie.

Here's a post from usenet - don't take this as gospel, it's not a doctor saying this. Make sure to doublecheck...

I'd look some more but gotta run! Don't no anything about the other stuff you asked. Someone here does...

In article <9062-3A43EC84-90@storefull-288.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
  ***@**** wrote:
> small white pills with 54 at the top and
> 142 at the bottom ,,anyone know
> what they are  ??/

The other side is scored, of course.
They're 10-mg methadone from Roxane Labs.

I have read the posts. To clarify I am taking Norco which is 10/325 so 325ml Tylenol per pill. 325ml + 60-80 pills per day = 19,500 to 26,000ml Tylenol per day. I have only been at this level for a month or two. Today I spoke with a doc I can trust and shared my  situation. She called in Bupropion (same as the other Bup I've been reading about?) 1 pill a day and then 2 pills a day after 3 days), she also prescribed a Clonidine patch (2.5mg and you wear for one week). She said to apply at bedtime because it would make me drowsy. Should i go cold turkey while on these 2 meds?

Today so far I have only dowened 10 Norcos total because I have been crawling out of my skin. I feel guilty posting as I read people saying they have had an 8 pill addiction for 5 years. Wow! I iwish I were not such an extremist. Another person asked how I kept up with that quantity of pills...wel, talk about hard!!! I am counting the days before the next bottle or 90 pills or so.

Am I on the right track with the Clonodine patch and Bup?  Please, please any advice would be great. And hopefully my experience will help enlighten others to "severe" abuse!!!

Post soon!!

I'm Done
Its called Rapid Detox...3 hours and your drug free...only problem is your body does not want the drug but your mind does! What a kicker...2 grand for the treatment and you still want the stuff!
So will you accept the challenge I posted here today? I will need your help, along with all the others here as I am sure you have noticed there are newbies here evryday.

I think a firm committment of YES means a lot to anyone who accepts - otherwise it might be just another preordained taper schedule destined for failure.

Jan 1 is D-Day and I am extremely happy that you are already on your way!

Let me know - I'll post the details tommorrow morning.

Rex
I just wanted to check in w/ you and see how your detox is going?  You said you were starting it yesterday w/ taking the Bup. I hope it's going good.  I'm still praying for you.  Good Luck and please post in regards to how you're doing w/ it..
Were all praying for you, bud.........

Rex
This is day one of the detox, I started 6 hours ago.  I had to wait 24 hours after my list pill before they would give me the medication. I have no withdrawals whatsoever.  I started to feel better 10 minutes after they gave me the tablet.  I want to kick myself in the butt for not doing this 3 months ago. By that time I had failed at tapering twice. But I did not know and at that time neiter did anyone else.  The nurses tell me that if I stick with the full 5 days of detox the withdrawals will be almost or completely gone.  It seems almost too good to be true.
Golden  

What you are speaking of is rapid detox.  You are sedated while you are given shots of naltraxon or an equivalant.  It is over in 24 hours. It costs about $3000.00.  The success rate, I understand is very low even for a drug treatment.  Most people still have withdrawals for several days following the treatment.  

Im Done

At 800mg a day, you can consider yourself a hard core user taking extreme doses. Methadone may be an option for you since I believe your life to be in danger. What your doctor has given you is clonidine and Welbutrin.  The clonidine is great for the part of withdrawal know as "wet symptoms" runny nose, sweats ect. It is also good for the shakes.  With a habit of the magnitude of yours it will probably be useless. The welbutin is used for smokers who want to quit.  With opiates and taken during an acute withdrawal is probably(definately) will make you worse.  

I understand the love affair with Xanax (chemical name alprazolam).  Its similar to the love affair many have with the Opiates. However, its far more dangerous to quit (cold turkey) benzodiazepines (Xanax) versus going cold turkey (abruptly stopping) an opiate habit. While stopping opiates "cold turkey" is very unpleasant, its generally not life threatening. Going "cold turkey" from a significant routine (daily) dose of xanax (a potent agent from the class of drugs known as "benzodiazepine", chemical agents that bind to and manipulate benzodiasepine receptors in the brain, much like the "lock and key" mechanism of the opiate molecule on human morphine receptors in the brain. The issue however with benzodiasepines versus opiates is the dangerous side-affects imposed by the benzodiazepine agents. The most crucial is their ability to lower the threshold for seizures.  Thus, when stopped abruptly, the body may not have time to adjust and is much more subject to seizure (that may occur due to random events). Typically, the body would be able to avoid the seizure, but if the threshold has been artificially lowered due to the affects of these drugs (benzodiasepines) then a person without a history of seizures may experience an episode of seizures, which can be very scary (and in some cases life threatening). I've seen cases where individuals have died from swallowed their tongue during such seizures.

Because of these dangers, and the high dose (15mg of alprazolam is a very high daily doze)I highly recommend you and your partner seek professional assistance with this addiction.

Good luck,
Steven

PS - I am not your doctor or a doctor for that matter. Anything I say here is my lay opinion only. It is entirely up to you to seek medical assistance. In my opinion you should seek advice from a professional addiction specialist. You can start with an MD, preferably your general practitioner if you trust him or her.  If you do not trust your doctor, you should find one you can trust!  This IS a medical issue, and in my opinion it should be treated like a disease of the mind/body, and should not be viewed as criminal. This opens up an entirely different discussion, or can of worms so to speak. That's next!

Get help!

I concur with the pills being 10mg methadone from Roxane Labs.  Any pill from Roxane will have a 54 on top and another three digit number under it on one side of the pill.  The 54 identifies it as a Roxane product.  The other number identifies the medication.  Roxicet says 54 then 543 under it.  They are from Roxane also.  Most decent equivalency charts say that oxy and hydro are equipotent.  My experience says the same.  You are a candidate for methadone.  Your withdrawal is going to go beyond the "flu symptoms" that many talk about.  They also have 60 day detoxes with methadone.  That is more like it.  If you try to do it too fast, you are setting yourself up to fail.  Do it slow, do it comfortable, do it right.  I do know your money output will go down.  ***@****
Bupropion is the same as wellbutrin,an antidepressant also used to help quit smoking.It is nothing at all like bupenorphine.I hope this helps.

pixi
Judging by your posts, you already know the most immediately critical information about your husband's Xanax addiction, that sudden cessation can literally kill him -- especially at, what? 15 mgs per day? That's 30 of the familiar orange .5's.

I was addicted to Xanax for two years and learned about its dangers the hard way. One thing I can tell you that's got your husband so convinced he can't live without the stuff is that the most immediate and severe Xanax WD symptom is unfocused, paralyzing fear -- anxiety is too polite a word for it.

The first step he needs to take to get off Xanax is to have his doctor switch him to whatever daily dosage of Valium he needs to feel normal and free of the "Xanax terrors." Unfortunately, many doctors in this country are shockingly ignorant about dealing with benzo addiction. You and your husband should go to Dr. Heather Ashton's web site, where you will find a treasure trove of information on safe tapering AFTER the patient has switched to a long acting benzo like Valium. Some like Klonopin, but Valium leaves the body significantly slower than Klonopin, making the tapering process virtually painless, and it's cheap as dirt. Print out the salient pages from Dr Ashton's site and take it to the doctor. That's what I did and I got no argument at all about switching. Good luck,

Thomas
Dating an addict thinking you are going to keep him from being an addict is absurd.  If you are dating him and you don't care that he's an addict, you are self-destructive.

I don't care how "in love" you are with him, this is a situation that is going nowhere good.  Believe me.

When an addict quits one addiction, he/she moves to another.  Get out of this.  Your heartbreak will heal.  Then you can fall in love with a man who loves you enough not to commit suicide.
my boyfriend is addicted to drugss... anything from vidocin to xanax perks.... he'll take what ever he can get ... n i dont care what the **** hes been through and back if hes gonna be my boyfriend he needs to put some effort into helping himself rather than make up excuses..... his step father who raised him was an addict and then eventually had a heart attack and died at 30 of an overdose... so he was raiseed to think this sort of thing is normal.
but i my self have been taking xanax for a year now .... and i take it for anxiety provoking sit.... it def changed my personality to the person i wish i could be ... making me more confident and able to do things i can not normally do .... i try to skip days and i dont plan on this lifestyle forever ... i wasnt raised to think taking drugs to solve your problems is normal. 15 mg is way way to much .... i think you might have the numbers wrong on that ... that would mean hes taking 15 of the blue oval pills a day... i highly doubt a doctor would give him that many ...unless hes getting extra on the side...  i typically try to go into an anxiety provoking sit by taking one mg then i keep and extra mg in my pocket .... i skip days that i know i wont en counter that "thing" that i fear.... so my tolerance doesnt go up ... but after long days of taking it ... you start to forget what worried you and you dont have that fear... but most people use it as an excuse...not to help them slves and possibly bc they have depresseion and are genetically predisposed to addiction.... Oh i am a biologist and my boyfriend is a chemist...we met in college  
u have to be there for him, but you also have to put your foot down. my bf was taking just as much, if not MORE xanax than your bf has been taking and it took three hospital visits, me losing my job, him almost losing his job, losing an apartment, i could go on and on.... but we love eachother! "through sickness and health." it took my bf a year of feeling like **** and suffering horrible, HORRIBLE w/ds before he realized that he didnt want to lost his life, and more importantly, he didnt want to lose me. (ive used this site to try and get help for him before...u can read more ab it if u want.)

"Its me or the drugs!?"  - u need to learn this phrase. *i dnt mean to sound demanding, but its true* i love my now fience more than anything in the world!!! but if he puts another xanax bar in his mouth, its over for our six year relationship! and he knows that!

If he wants to be with you, and you guys want to live a healthy, happy life together, he has to quit taking the xanax. its VERY important that he doesnt just quit c/t. since he taking such high doses he will have to taper off very slowly. and if you love him as much as you say you do, and if HE really wants to quit, then the two of you have to do this together. ill tell you right now, taking care of my bf through his w/ds was a full time babysitting job!

u must really love him if you are on this site looking to help him. and if he loves you as much as you love him, he will get some help. if not for himself, for you.

i live in arkansas. but when my bf went through his w/ds and ething we found a free councling clinic that was very very helpful! there's a lot of help out there!
he just has to want it!

good luck to both of you!
Let me tell you my story.. My b/f was taking 100 mg. of Oxy., a prescription for Xanax that was gone as soon as he filled them, and Percuset along with Speed, and Loratabs.  I loved him more than anything in the world, but his addiction to Xanax made him drowsy and therefore he lost 2 cars, 4 jobs, and me.
The day I left, I found out I was 3 months pregnant and I didn't know. I raised our baby until she was 9 months old on my own, and then he found a Methadone clinic. He is so much better, now and we got married on Valentine's Day of '09. But, I'm not going to tell you that it's still easy. I couldn't ask for a better daddy for my baby, but he still slips up on Xanax.
He's even told me that Xanax is a prescription for disaster, but I can't understand why he still does it every other month.
You may want to convince him to go to a Methadone Clinic and see what they can do for him. It has really changed my life and his. We don't argue like we used to and life is really pleasant.
Whoever says that Methadone is bad for you, really don't know what they're talking about. If I could record my life and show you the before and after, you would definetlly agree.
But, I need to learn how to control the situation when he does take Xanax every now and then. I fly off the handle (when he's sober), just because I want him to know how bad it hurts me to see him nodding, going to sleep in his bowl of cereal, and when he does lie to me about taking it, when I already know that he did.
When he is like that, our 18 month old daughter just looks at me like what is wrong with daddy, that is Not cool with me at all.
I hope this helps you realize that you are not the only person in the world that has this problem.
Every night, I go to bed praying for the person out there who is going through the same thing as me.
Regardless; if it's a mother, grandmother, father, brother, cousin, g/f, b/f, grandfather, uncle, aunt, or a stranger in the world. God will help by bringing comfort, joy, and the fact that he is there to support you.
May God Bless You.
All post I read is MY B/F my b/f. Is there any guy out there with a G/F that uses? And how to deal with it. The xanax exspence is crazy, the meth is questable. What to do what to do.
hewolve welcome This is a very old thread it you may get over looked I would start a new thread .
i am 17 years of age, female.. i am addicted to xanex and perks.. somtimes i will take A MONKEY that can be a mixture of herion or exstacy..who knows..its home made.. so..just thought i might say to those who are going threw the strugal that you are not alone..stay strong..keep your head up.. never look down..

---
Yes, I have researched the "coma induced detox" methods.  They induce a coma state and treat all withdrawal symptoms while you are sedated.  The process is called Anesthesia Assisted Rapid Opiate Detox (AAROD). It is being used more so in recent facilities however, you may want to check with your insurance for coverage.  I am a pharmacy tech and I know in our hospital the ICU would induce coma in addicts with Diprovan (propofol) and treat their addiction to avoid the deadly withdrawal risks.  Research, research.  Always arm yourself with knowledge for your talk with your physician.  Choose reliable sites for your research such as a medical facility or college of medicine.  Although our individual opinions are helpful, you need facts for your decision making.
My best friend abuses her xanax 50mg everyday I don't know what to d or how to help her many people especially my boyfriend doesn't like the fact that she does it around me he thinks I wil end up dow the rong path like her like she will curupd me please help me out I can't lose my best friend as a friend bcause of her addicting I. Want to help her out she is perscribe it also she suffers from sezures witch is 10 times worse give me ideas to help her out
I too, had to go through withdrawal of both an opiate (Percocet) AND a benzo (Xanax) at the same time. This was due to my own STUPIDITY, of "helping out" a close  friend who "ate" her meds on a regular basis, and therefore, she ran out and I "gave" her some of mine - BIG MISTAKE! She was FINE, I was in the throes of withdrawal! DUMMY ME! In any case, I still had two weeks to go to get my refills of both meds, and the withdrawal was HORRIBLE. The same "friend" recommended that until I got my refills, I take melanine, Valerian root, and LOTS of B vitamins, ALONG WITH a separate B-12 vitamin. I NEARLY got through the 2 weeks with the help of these, but DID wind up in the ER, where they gave me enough xanax to last till I could get my refill.  The benzo was MUCH tougher to "kick" than the opiate was! Tricia
For benzo withdrawal, I meant MELATONINE, NOT MELANINE! LOL! SORRY, gang!
Just an FYI...this thread is very old.  Often times, most people don't read them.  If you would like input, you may want to start your own thread. You can do so by clicking on the orange "post a question" button.

Good luck!
This thread was started more than 10 years ago and most, if not all, of the original posters don't seem to be participating.  Since it seems to have run its course, we'll close it now.  If you'd like to ask a question or start a new thread, please feel free to do so -- just click the Post A Question" button at the top of the forum page.
________________________________________________

** CLOSED DISCUSSION**
            NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE