Preparing to get off Klonopin
I've been taking 1 mg klonopin for 3 years.[started at 1/2 increased to 1 mg.] for depression, anxiety, and to sleep. This drug has done wonders for me in many ways, but now its time to come off. I've tried to taper off 1/4 at a time, but the hyperacusis [intolerance to loud sounds], lack of sleep, unbelievable groin itching, and my almost uncontrollable talking [feeling high, motor-mouth etc} made me go back on, now I take
1 1/4 at night to feel normal. Since I work as a waiter, I'm going to have to stop working to get off this. Please tell me what to expect, and how long I should plan on being out of work. Also has any one noticed an increase in rate of hair loss from Klonopin?... WILL THE HYPERACUSIS GO AWAY? this is my biggest concern at this time. Please help me. Thank you, Steve.
hey dolphin, i just wanted to let you know you posted this on a very old thread, and often times, people will not see it..

if you want people to see your post, please repost it by hitting the button on the top of this page that says "Post A Question."  that way it will not get overlooked.

good luck to you... and welcome to the forum...

warmly,
mj
I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO GET OFF KLONOPIN/RIVOTRIL/RIVATRIL!!! DOCTOR WILL NOT GIVE TO ME PILLS!!! AND I HAVE BEEN ONLY WITHOUT PILLS 1 DAY AND NOW I DRINK TO SELF MEDICATE MYSELF!! I AM TERRIFIED OF THE WITHDRAWS AS I HAVE BEEN THROUGH A HELVETTI OF ALOT OF WITHDRAWS IN 2007.1ST TIME TRYING TO GET OFF,I COULD SLEEP AT NIGHT,BUT I NHAD MANY PETITE MA SEIZURES AND WHEN AWAKE I HAD THE BIG ONES,GRANMA SEIZURES,I HAVE ONLY BEEN WITHOUT FOR 1 DAY AND ALREADY FEELING THE AFFECT OF IT.ALCOHOL IS NOT HELP LIKE IN USED TO IN THE PAST.I WANT OFF THIS POISON DRUG,BUT I`M AFRAID TO AND I DONT KNOW IF I`M READY.I AM SO SCARED.LAST TIME I HAD MANY SEIZURES,VERY BAD,BUT NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO ME HERE. ~MARGO       ***@****
If your doc is just cutting you off like that and wont listen I would go to the ER if it gets too bad. Do you want to get off these bc you are out of pills or bc they are controlling your life? Hope you are able to find some medical help. Esp. bc of the seizures. Good luck to you. Corey
I WROTE TO YOU A FEW MOMENTS EARLIER.  A member mentioned you needed help. I didn't find your message until 15 minutes later.  Go to another hospital room.  Tell them you are having seizures. Grand MAL. Don't drive yourself.  You never quit this drug cold turkey.Have someone be with you right now This is common knowledge.  There has to be a doctor out there.
I am not sure if it is better to post here, on this old thread, or the newer one.  Since this is the last place you posted, I will follow here.

I don't think it is necessary to go in to a long post about the dangers of suddenly stopping this med - this can definitely, absolutely be life-threatening. I agree with previous poster - go to ER. Period. You need medically-supervised care for this. Do not try to go C/T at this point. You already have a history of sz - go to ER, Please! Alcohol is not a treatment for this.

Please go to ER. I can't stress this enough.
I have been struggling with this juggling.  Doc put me on K and X for panic attacks about one year ago.  3mg of K and 2mg. X....I was recently in a car accident and was given a miriad of different colored pills for this and that accompanied with a morphine drip.  I sustained serious injuries.  

Now to my question/experience:  I managed to stop the X approx. one month ago, and had the usual electric shocks, insomnia that has been discussed here.  Pain medications have been changed several times to now Itake 400mg. of Demerol and fluctuate the K...sometimesonly 1 mg. sometimes 4, but I want off of them!!!!  I have no transportation at this point and have approx 50 1mg pills left.  Can/will ANYONE give me an understandable titration formula so when I do run out of pills, I will not seize...this what I am most trrifed of.  I have never ad one but that does  not mean I won't.  I've worked through my panic and PTSD and want off ofthis medicine.  Someone?

Cindy
My experience also included alcohol abuse, been sober since the ac,cident...asked docs for a detox while I was in there for injuries, they complied.  Before the accident, I tried that horrible loop of X and K to detox from Alocohol, then Alcohol to detox from X and K and it just doesn't work that way.  You NEED to get professional assistance with this...Since  I am now homebound and my doc refuses to give titration method until I go and see him, I am relying on members here to assist.  Please respond.  Took 1 mg in afternoon yesterday only but awoke this morning shaking out of my boots so had to take one this morning...scary scary stuff...
I think I messed up who my last post was for...sorry!   It should have been to I'm too scared.  BTW, just put call into doc who put me on K but he is an old country doc AND REALLY he preferrs his patients on lots of meds as it is his income.  Psychiatrists these days are noy like they used to be...

Cindy
cindy...you have posted on a really old thread...if you will click back to forum and then post a question....then start a new one and you will get alot more responses....people are probably just seeing a really old post and not realizing there is a new question on it... also you could just cut and paste your question if you don't want to retype it all!
I am sorry to hear about your situation.... anyway...please start a new thread and you will get more responses....welcome to the forum! joann
Thank you!  I hope I did it right
I have been taking klonopin and ambien for 6 years, and am trying
to wean myself off..
I was only taking 1/2 tablet of each in the evening before sleep, but
noticed I needed to take some during the day...
I try not to take it, but by 5 or 6pm I start to go thru withdrawl every night..
Tense, agitated, worried, nervoius, can't watch TV..
Has anyone had symptoms like this taking only a small dose  ( 1/2 pill )
Rand,
Do you have any recommendations on how to ween myself off of Klonopin. Now I'm taking 2 tablets (.5 mg each), then going to 1 tablet (.5mg). The biggest challenge is how do I ween myself off of the 1 tablet. I tried taking a half and it didn't work. Are there any other options besides the valium option you mentioned?
Thanks,
Bob
This is an old post..it will be hard for anyone to help you this way...Go to the top where it says " Post a question"  ...That will help out
I am a little surpirsed to read this, mostly becasue I did not know Clonazepam was addictive. I took it for about 6 years, .5 usually one a day, and never had a problem at all when I stopped, no withdrawals at all. Same with Xanax, and I totally stopped when I was pregnant so did not even know it was a problem or addictive. Is that unusual?

Shell
Well, I am taking a minimum ( I tend to abuse some days two at a time 2mg.) of 16 mg of Klonopin and 8mg of Xanax a day, for about a year and 1/2.  Tried to taper and immediately abused.   Problem.  My insurance runs out in 9 days.   What am I to do?

Addicted to Hell

Also taking 400 mg. of Demerol for a knee crush car injury since April 2008...

I'm screwed.

Please contact at

***@****
klonopin  is a  good drug for panic attacks 1mg 3 times a day..i like 5 mg tabs better was working good but no sex drive..zanax was working well but i experienced pain in my side and hip really bad..now i take valium usually 30 mg a day seems to work well with no side affects but from my experience these drugs esp generic do not give same affect as the real deal....but i can tell you the best drug that works the best was klonopin but i did suffer no sex drive and didnt eat no different but weight gain set in so i  stopped went to valium dropped 10 pounds in 30 days..2 yrs ago was on klonopin worked all the time and i lost 40 pounds cant figure it out...they tell you generic is just as good in some cases yes but not in valium.. roche is deff the best......watson sux... malincroft worst pharmasutical company there is.. klonopin santos is best for generic.....valium generic watson good as u can get...zanax 2 mg bars is so much better than other brand unbelievable i know...but i dont drink and watch my diet in foods high fiber is the best for stomach problems...but out of all 3 klonopin has them beat but i suffered no sex drive so i give it up...seem to so very well on valium no side affects sometimes maybe a skin rash in winter but cold weather may cause that....buy ya i do misss my klonopins if u take klon deff get santos its 3 to 1 than watson...unless u can get the real deal...i wish i could get roche valium but cant afford my generic cost 13 dollars for 100... if i get roche its like 130 dollars with the v cut out iin the middle now thats 3-to 1 than watson....klonopin will stay in your body longer so if u have no side affects i would go with that....or generic zanax is really good too i guess everyone body is different and reacts different to these drugs my physicologist said zanax should not give me lower pain on my side but it does im 45 yr old guy...doesent figure....but fastest acting benzo is zanax i do now this i love it but it causes me alot of pain too bad...my experience with zanax and klonopin at my age seems like it slows my metabolisim down... valium doesent i mean who wants to be bloated from meds...everyone is different so if u have a problem tell your dr ..they usually say all the same but they r so wrong..benzo r benzos dont believe it. what works for others may not work for you....the doc...
I just wanted to add my comments about your rebuttal to Rand.  I feel you are misreading his post.  I agree with him that Valium should be used to "taper" off Konapin when it gets down the lowest dose you can get with Klonpin as that is equivilent to 20mg of Valium.  When he recommended it would take a good year to taper off of Klonapin...he ment just that  "taper".. You response that is ridiculous confused me.  All tapering takes time.  If this person is down to 1mg of Klonapin..(atleast what I got from Rands post) is that his withdrawals from that point would be unbearable.  Again, to you 1mg is nothing but that is because you take so much.  1mg is actually alot compared to 20mg ov valium.

So his suggestion made sense (to me)..the half life and tapering quantities of valium proved far more manageable and tolerable to taper with from 1mg than just jumping off at that point or switching to worse benzo's.  

Anyway, the point may be mute now but I totally got what he was saying. He is not suggesting taking a drug for a year just to be on it..he is suggesting that 1mg is actually equivilent to 20mg of valium and you would taper off that amount if you want to lesson your w/drawals...1 year using valium made sense since you have the ability to go lower dose increments with longer half lifes and more time for your body to adjust.

Also someone asked about why get off Kloanpin..I thought Rand answered that too..you should not take Klonapin for anxiety...it has too many  horrible withdrawal symptoms for using it for that...I see good reason to get off.

I have been on Klonopin for almost a year now. Recently I have tapered my daily dose by 50% over the course of three months. I have had no withdraw symptoms at all. I know that everyone is different and no one really knows your body but well your body. For me my panic and anxiety came from to much energy. I'm not saying this is right for everyone but I began to substitute the medication for exercise. I am still decreasing my dose about 1/2 mg every two weeks. I have struggled with anxiety and panic my whole life, I have even been hospitalized for it. Recently I have found that the best sleeping pill, and the best anti anxiety drug, is to get off the couch and go run five miles until I'm to exhausted to even think about the side affects. (I've been on a huge list of anxiety medications) Having an anxiety disorder naturally makes me anxious about what might happen. instead of stressing, I go running, or lift weights, it really works for me.
I am 20 years old, and I have GAD,Panic Disorder,Social Phobia since I was 10 years old. Clonzepam is the only anti-anxiety that has worked for me. I was recently put on 8mg a day due to my severity. Prior to that it was 3mg a day. I got bothered when, I hear people saying getting off this is equal to Opiates/Herion, If you have ever seen someone getting off Herion it is disgusting they puke/dry heave,diahrea,dizzy,faint,there heads pound like a drum and feels like a vice, their is hot flashes and cold sweats. I am well informed I have had sessions with the man who wrote the book "Do not panic" The Anxiety guru guy and, this is not abuse if it is to correct the minds irrational set that is has naturally. But back to withdrawl the worst thing that will happen is you will shake, puke and dry heave.. if your on a low dose like 2mg a day you can get off that easy in a month. There is hope for everyone and it is not as bad as some off these people say. First of all they dont take it and dont suffer from mental illness other than ignornace, so its not their place to gauge another suffering. If you need this to function BIG DEAL, would you take a diabetic of insulon...NO because they need it to function.
God Bless

and my best advice is the internet is a alright place to talk about this stuff but talk to a vet. shrink that knows their stuff and they will draw up a plan for you to detox. Good Luck and it wont be to hard bro.
Klonopin has some very important uses for some people.

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=3154&t=CFIDS_FM
I'm 48 years old and was taking 1.5 mg a day of klonopin and .5mg of xanax for anxiety.I was having A hard time concentrating at work so my Dr.had me detox off the klonopin and xanax and I have been off of these for 8 days now and replaced it with 30mg of buspar and 10mg of valium.I was just wondering when I won't be as depressed and nausead from the withdrawl of the klonopin and xanax.
First i want to thanks all of you who share you experinc to get off  Klonopin i really started to take this drug 2 years ago for panic attack  it had really great effect and i felt good i and didnt have any other panic attack ,but when i dont have my pills near me and is time to take them i rally feel that somthing is going wrong ,since  2008 i took 1/2  of 2 mg for a day, just when i had i stressfull job i tok 2 mg a day ,now ima preparing to get it off i think i dont need any more and long term use cant be more difficult to get off. i dont drink or smok but i dont want this drug lead my life .However it is great for panic disorders this is true for my two years experinc .i want you to help me to be back to my life .cuase i ma studing and it is hard under this drug to be concenterted ,if anyone can give my any advice you are welcome
my comment is dedicated to all who can give me advice to prepar getting off of Rivotril/klonopin/ i am suffering from addiction .all the best
Switching from Klonopin to Valium is the better idea. Slowly slowly come off this ****. The success rate of coming off of this **** is horrible w/ other classes of drugs used to substitute something like switching from Klonopin to Valium and doing something such as a smooth taper. Don't be fooled. Barbara is not right lol. no offense. Completely wrong.
The biggest mistake people make regarding Benzodiazapine withdrawal is thinking being an alcoholic and then coming off the short regimen of Benzodiazapines they put you on in the hospital is ANYTHING like coming off of a YEAR LONG script of benzos. The brain is very complex. This is a complex drug. Alcohol detox & legit YEAR LONG scripts of benzos involve two COMPLETELY different tapering strategies.
Whew! that is alot to read lol i was just wondring, im 19 years old and cant even leave my house because of my panic attacks, i have tried goin to 3 different doctors and two of the 3 tried giving me Hydroxyzine lol which i later found out was a high ddosage of benedryl basically and the other place tried putting me in group therapy which of course didnt help... if i cant get out of my house, i cant sit in a room full of crazy ppl lol does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do??? i feel like im at the end of the road here, i have tried the whole self medicating thing but of course i can never get the meds when i need them so that screws me, then i have to deal with the dizziness and crap and that of course makes the anxiety worse, i really dont have anyone to talk to either because i dont know anyone who has really been through this, im extremely scared to death and dont know what to do???? please comment back, but i must ask that noone says anything too scary lol i dont wan2 hear anything bad i just need someone to talk to........ and a new brain lol Thanx for reading, and you all should not argue like that, i know this is a serious problem but try to be nice to everyone, you never know when your last day on earth will be..... love all, even the ignorant <3 <3
I think it depends on each person and the way their body reacts to klonopin. I personally am having a very hard time and only take 1 1/2 mg twice a day, if I am late taking my med i start having withdrawal symptoms. Detox is going to be hell and not looking forward to it plus the fact that I have seizures is going to be worse since that is one of the sides effects of detox.
Hello all.  I have been on klonopin for more than 13 years.  A psychiatrist  started me on it when I was having a very hard time while my Mom was hospitalized and very ill, dying.  (The social worker at my Mom's hospital sent me to this psychiatrist.)  I wish this doctor had never put me on this.  She prescribed .5 (one half) mg. daily which I took for about five  years, then I increased it to taking this dosage twice daily.  I have not increased it since, nor do I feel any need to do so.  My weight is about 120 and I am 61 yrs old.  I would appreciate your opinions as to whether this is okay, or not.  Thank you very much.  I do not abuse any substances, infact I don't even drink alcohol.   I do take 10 mg of paxil daily for depression.  
I have been on 0.5 mg of Klomopin three times a day for 10 years, I do not abuse this med and somtimes I even forget to take it at night time. I have PTSD. I do not believe that all meds that are prescribe become addiction. I don't watch the clock for the next pill, now the pain pill vicoden I sure did. That is how I knew I was becoming addicted to it. I am still having trouble getting off it. But not everyone that is put on Klonopin get addicted. It is a great med for seizures, also it is sometimes used as a mood stablizer. I know we all have oppinoins on this med. I just hope everyone will be careful to advise anyone how to get off this med, I know for sure that if you stop it cold you could have seizures. So good luck to all that is trying to get off this med. I think (only my opinion) it is a good med to use for panic attacks. thanks for letting me give my opinion
I have been taking 2 mg. of Klonopin and am tapering off as the generic form is the only one available and that does nothing for me. I may have to start to incooperate a bit of the generic when coming off the name brand...I have a limited amt of the name brand. I have to go with a dose for about 5 weeks before dropping it, the slower the better. THE MFG of this does not know when they will release the Name Brand again if ever...For those who have a hard time tolerating generics as of March the Klonopin name brand was no longer available...Gail..ant advice would be helpful...especially sleep when dropping the dose...
Hi Everyone....
I Am On Revotril (Clonazepam) Since 2001,  Not More then (.75 Mg) In A Day, (On a bad day not more then 1 mg). It Helped me a lot, i take it .25 in noon and .25 evening and .25 before sleep (if needed).
But Suddenly since a week i m feeling like addicted to it, may be psychologically.
i have anxiety problem. now trying to quite the drug gradually... please suggest....
I m thinking to go on half dose on alternate day on long time basis.. very gradually . . .
thanks
Hi Everyone....
thanks
This was the first site I read when I started researching clonazepam withdrawal.  I since found a couple sites that appear very helpful, so i'll pass on the links for anyone who may benefit from them.

http://www.*******.org.uk/forum/
http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

i've only just begun my tapering from 1.5 clonazepam and it looks like the safest way is to do the most gradual taper as possible, 6 months? a year?  
We'll see!  good luck to everyone.
It is correct that using Valium to taper off Benzo's is the best idea.  The half life has already been sited here, so I won't go into the details, but the loooong half life of Valuim and its metabolites make it easier to slowly decrease the amount of the drug in your body.  Although this isn't exactly an accurate example, going from K's to valium would be similar to going from Oxycontin to bupinorphin or methadone.  (dont start yelling about methadone.  I know it is stornger than oxy.  I said its not a accurate example but I think the point is still valid)
I tried to come off of Klonopin, and I did it to fast, I had a seizer, mispell, so i have tried to do it the right way, i am down to .5 a day, Thank the Lord, so far so good. They are hard to come off of. I too xnax, and valium to and I got off of them easier than Klonopin. God bless you and hang in there
Buzzing in ears, memory probs, bumping into things. I have all of these things and am trying to figure out how to wean my self off .5 mg/day. Its a small dose but enuf to have a great effect on me (I am extremely sensitive to meds). When I go more than a day or two without it (which I rather unconsciously do every week or so) my anxiety level explodes. This usually happens later in the day, in late afternoon, and up to bedtime. I often take .25 or .5 with Ambien to first, calm down, and second to sleep. Occasionally, I'll take K earlier in the day but not often. I am an impatient sort so I usually give up on longer term titration when I am so feeling anxious I can't stand it. Then I am back at the beginning.  I do exercise daily which helps for a few hours. Without that, and walking, riding my bike, I'd have to check into a hospital. Maybe the valium substitution would work for me. I see my Pdoc in two weeks and will ask. I also take 100 mg of lamictal for bi-polar which helps on the down side (I go 'into the sewer' after two or three days off of lamictal which I foolishly try to do occasionally.
This drug has ruined my life, It needs to come off the market,YOU HAVE TO BE BABY SAT to GET OFF THESES UR FAM HAS TO SUPPORT U ! u cann not do this alone, im on my first week cold turkey off those pills and i feel like, I fcan feel again, im not a zombie, but u do need to be watched u will experience VERTIGO coming off! I am so lucky my sister and her roommate let me stay with them. This is by far the biggest fight for me.I have been in a FOG, and asleep for 7 YEARS OF MY LIFE LIKE AN IDIOT. just eating those pills not admitting I had an issue. Now i m one week out and im DAM PROUD OF MYSELF! but i could never of done this alone.  My sister helped me, we get along better now that im taking steps tp get the hell off this horrid drug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like herion one Dr WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE IT TO ME. HE SAID UR ADDICTTED! Please DONT DO IT ALONE, coming down from these Vertigo is very bad you cant drive i say 2 weeks and ur good YOU Have to WANT TO. I am experiencing Vertigo, but i fell asleep without a pill, i can actually feell things again, im hsappier, and dam proud of myself, but u do NEED TO TAKE AN ANTI SEZIURE MED TO GET OFF THESE.IM NOT THE DOPE GIRL NOMORE!!!!!!!! but U CAN NOT DO THIS ALONE ITS IMPOSSIBLE WITH THE WITH DRAWS YOU GO THROUGH! Very chatty cant make sentences come out, shakey, VERTIGO BAD, BUT BELEIVE IN YOURSELF GET AROUND SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT YOU, I THINK ITS A 2 WEEK PROCESS, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT SO BE READY, I NOW HAVE A GOOD DR THAT UNDERSTANDS BENZO' S ARE VERY ADDICTIVE AND BAD FOR ANYONE. THEY WILL RUEN YOUR LIFE.I lOst 7 years!!!! GONE! if yous have support you can forget it. You will have a seizure if you dont take seizure meds for 1 month  it called GABAPETIN 600 MG 3 times a day but i think i had to take more the first week. I could actually feek the seizure coming on, The first time i tried to take myself off these i did it alone,  i had a aeizure in my car, so I went against my families wishes 3 years ago and weent back on because i was so afraid to have a seizure then i wwnt behind my Drs back who said I have to take klonipin for the rest of my life, and found a Dr admitted I had a problem, and now its the first week I have vertigo cant drive but I now really want to get off of them. Ive been asleep 7 years hiding, The stongest can get ADDICTED and your so lost on these pills, you pussh people away on them, you just wanna be alone, you sleep your life away, you lose years days nights, TIME! I was 2 mlg    times a day, now i cold turkey got seizure meds im good very hopful, didnt like that word on klonipins, i actually smile now, im up cleaning, I can fall asleep but i had to sleep with my sis, at first its hard to lay down and go to sleep without pills but pray i fell asleep praying! theres alot of things I didnt address and let go of on klonipins, good and bad you have to except that and understand you are coming off basically herion, so little things may make you irratable just keep your mouth shut and think before you say something. people around you may not understand, just explain your coming back down to LIFE. I think since I got off cold turkey and took seizure  meds I wouldnt be able to do it! AnD MY SISTER BEING UNDERSTANDING! I GIVE me 1 more week and im fine. dont be a number to these dr EVILS wil not help you, listen to the ones that are against it! they know your addicted but they will keep giving it to you, I took it because I saw my step dad pass infron of me, He was my brother and sister savior, they were a good team. I was sick about it, but I didnt tell anyone. instead i went to a dr he gave me klonipin and i was hooked fast! 7 YEARS AGO! now i see how i have been acting and thats just not normal and not exceptive,  I HAVE BEEN  ASLEEP for 7 years of my life! GET OFF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi trouble111. I read your post. I really do applaud you for trying so hard. May I ask for your advice with me? See, I was on xanax (3mg) for 6 years. Now, I am on klonopin (1mg) and I want so badly to go off of it. I will be seeing my doctor this Friday. Hopefully (which I am certain) she will put me on something else for anxiety like buspar? Any encouraging words for me? I really want to go off of this and I am scared. My husband and I love the Lord very much and I pray that my day will come and I am no longer on this. You are so correct. This is an EVIL medication. Its awful. Many blessings to you...
Hi Jean,

I would recommend starting your own thread to post your questions and concerns regarding klonopin.  It may get overlooked otherwise.  Just go to the top of your screen and hit post a question, and then you can copy and paste what you just wrote on this thread.  

Well wishes...

Sandstone27
hi ,
Hang in there I have been on klonopin low dose .5 mg for about 3 years now, And prior to that. Ativan, and starting with xanax about 6 years total on these benzos. I lead a pretty normal life but have general anxiety. Every time I try to stop the med whichhas been 100 times I cant.  The day will come be patient. Im 50 years old was on xanax at 20 yrs old came off it within a year then at 25 was on it for almost 2 years and came off it. Your body will let you know. You have to try but dont torture yourself if they help. Thats what they are there for. Its not easy I recomend reading a book hope and help for your nerves its by dr clare weekes, its been my bible since i was 25 along with the true bible, the two will get you through, trust me get the book please, its online very cheap been around for at least 40 years. Good luck to you.
hi ,
Hello.
Just wondering how your doing since you posted so long ago.  You remind me a bit of myself when I was 19 when anxiety first started for me. I was terrified. Well now I'm 50 years old with a family my own business and again for the third time on benzos low dose klonopin for 6 yrs wondering when it will end. third time in my life. But I hope your doing well and remember dont give up it will be OK. I started reading Hope and help for your nerves by Dr Clare Weekes and its been my bible since i was 25 yrs old. Hope your better
Thank you sandstone27 for the tip. I will try that. This sight is so confusing to me..lol..  It is actually my very first time on any post. Thanks again. Blessings to you..
Hello Roff. I would like to say thank you for your response. It has helped me and encouraged me. I will try to get that book to. My husband always shares with me how self-help books can really help to. :-) And yes, the Bible is the best!! Amen! When you said that your body will let you know, that made a lot of sense because it is telling me "You can do it. You have your Faith. Its time to go off of it". Amen. But your right, I wont torture myself either. I am getting some memory loss, trouble focusing while on this. Very frustrating for me.
Thanks again Roff. Appreciate it. Blessings to you....
Im on these meds and I live in a fog now for 12 years. my mind is slow to everything happening around me. I cant keep up, my memory is gone, I had manyyyy  seizures though out these years I dont have epilepsy as I had every single test available done. so they were all side effects. I don't know what I'm going to do to come back to life (be anxiety free and no meds) I just hope I will find a way. I hope and pray
there are a lot of alternatives ways to reduce anxiety, maditaion, clearing ur min, being in a place where you feel safe ( city) people you are confterble with.... Good Luck!
My husband has been on Klonopin for a year and a half for anxiety, had surgery a few months ago and is still on Oxycodone for the pain (which helps the anxiety too), and now is at the point where both of these drugs are no longer handling his anxiety load for any given day.  We have started to look into using alternative, holistic therapies for reducing his anxiety (with herbs like skullcap which is very effective for anxiety and insomnia; I just started to use it myself with amazing results), and once his anxiety load feels minimal, we're hoping to then titrate him down off of the Klonopin slowly.  Has anyone ever used a naturopathic doctor, herbalist, or Doctor of Osteopathy to manage anxiety and then titrate down off of pharmaceutical drugs??  I'd love to hear your experience of how it went.  We have been to Hell and back with my husband's intense anxiety, the horrendous behavioral unit experience, a psychiatrist who barely recommends anything to help including pharmaceutical drugs, and the horrible rollercoaster ride with the different drugs he has had over the last year and a half.  Thanks.
Klononopin does come in a .25 and I have never heard a valium at a 2mg dossage.  Klononpin is one of the hardest to get off due to it having a longer half life than say xanax of valuim.
Dear All, Greetings.
I posted to this forum in sep 2011..
I was addicted to Clonazepalm .75 mg to .5 mg a day ! and also .25mg before sleep ,
now i m not that much in to it. worked hard to less the drug. i started it so gradually.
present day i am taking only .25 or .125mg a day ! Thanks Lord for giving this strengths !
And i wish good luck to everyone here who is trying to overcome this.
god bless you all ..

cheers ...
U have not the first clue about coming off of Klonopin! I have been taking 6mg a day for 9 years. I have tried 3 times to come off of klonopin. It will take Steven at least 2 months to detox off of 1mg of klonopin and then 3 to 6 months (maybe longer) just for the symtoms for detox to go away! But a lot of them may never go away. Detoxing off of klonopin is by no means going to a piece of cake. It takes 90 days of inpatient treatment to get off of 1mg a day of klonopin.

Lea Bell
Rand I have been on clonsapam 1mg for 11 years now my doctor wants to take me offcold turkey, im so afraid of the withdrawls I was taking it for anxiety and sezure disorder . I told the doctor if you are going to take me off like this please put me in the hospital he said he cannot I don't know what im going to do please if you have any advice to help me contact me at ***@**** thank you .......shantell .