Promising new treatment featured on Nightline
New Treatment for Alcoholism and Stimulant Dependence being featured on Nightline ABC Friday Dec 7th at 11pm. Check it out. It is one of the most innovative treatments Ive seen in a long time and its non-addictive.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll record it. Are you sure that is right? It says muscian Wyclef Jean. Is it on that one?
Sorry about that it seems the special was pushed back because of the mall shooting. Will let you know when it is to air. Til then check out prometainfo.com for more details.
Are you talking about Prometa? It will air on 60 minutes at 7 this evening. It is a new treatment for alcohol, cocaine and meth. I am always interested in hearing of new treatments, although I have read of this one.
Heres the link to view the 60min story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/07/60minutes/main3590535.shtml

60 Minutes' Scott Pelley Reports On A New Addiction Treatment

Video: Prescription For Addiction
Thanks for the post on the 60 minute segment.

Does anyone get really mad at the pharmaceutical industry. Now they make more money "helping" you get off of drugs they made. Just venting here but....
yeah!!!  it really pisses me off.. you can pay $25  bucks for 100, 10 mg methadone, or $27 bucks for 60 percocets...but it costs me $170 bucks for 30 suboxone...yeah...it pisses me off a tad!!!!   maybe more than a tad!!!
That is why Hythiam is really cool as their treatment is non addictive. They don't manufacture any of the meds and the treatment targets cravings its not a blocker.