Prozac
Hey everyone, I'm a recovering addict and my doctor prescribed me prozac. I was just wondering if anyone has used this drug and how their experience was with it. I know it's not an abusable drug, but I'm sure some of you have come across it at some point in your life, seeing as how most addicts are self-medicating for an underlying condition. Thanks. Hope everyone's well.
My Dr. gave it to me when my husband died, it help alot.  I only took a few months.  No side effects or WD.

Hope this is helpful
i was prescribed paxil years ago when i was in a severe depression.  i think it did help some but therapy helped the most for me. (i was fortunate to find a kick *** therapist, not easy to do)  but i was very, very, very depressed.  i've been thinking of getting back on an anti depressent now, i'm still struggling after being 13 days clean (i know that's not a lot of days under my belt) and now that i'm seeing things clearer i'm wondering if the reason i started abusing is because i was somewhat depressed? you can try it and give it some time and see if it helps you.  there is a new anti depressent out there, i can't remember the name but a girl on here swears by it.  maybe she'll see your post.
shelby
HI, I am 29 days clean, on my 4th day i started 40mg prozac. I used it before I started drugs so when I stopped I new it would help me. I have no anxitey and I am much more relaxed and can focus better. Hubbie says I am not snappy eather. I feel for me it's great. It does need like 2 good weeks before you see any diffrent so at least give it some time. If you feel it helps alittle you may just need the dr to up the dose. But me I love it. good luck!
CYMBALTA WORKS REALLY WELL. I TAKE THAT FOR DEPRESSION AND IT HAS HELPED ME ALOT IF THE PROZAC DONT HELP YOU MIGHT WANT TO MENTION CYMBALTA TO HIM OR HER.  GOOD LUCK   JENNIFER  :)
Ive been on Prozac for MANY years. I think it probably saved my life when i was at my all time low depression-wise.  I still take it but sometimes not regularly like i used to because it started giving me severe heartburn (probably my stomach is screwed up now from pill abuse) because  i never had that problem all those years taking it. ANyways, I would suggest you try it and take it regular, it may help you greatly. Keep us posted and keep up your good work!!
prozac is great for so many people, but it made be feel like i had lead in my vains, real heavy and fautige i take paxil now, seems to work ok. good luck, christina
just should add that many times it takes trial and error to find the right antidepressant. What works great for one person may cause problems for another, obviously. So if your current med does not work after about 2 weeks , maybe switch to another until you find the one that is right for your body/physiology.
thanks everyone!