Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Question about Neurontin??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Question about Neurontin??

I had some neurontin in my cupboard that the doctor had given me for the pain in my legs in feet, but I choose to take only the vic's that he had given me. Anyways, I have been taking 2 a day for a week and it is not helping. Does anyone know if I stop taking it if I am going to have w/d's from that too?
Jennifer
I remember those neurontins...wow they made me feel like I was swimming in glue or something.
I had awful nightmares from them, and also just felt so CRAPPY. Neurontins are an anti-convulsant, actually. But they are also used for nerve pain.
I really thought they didn't do anything for my pain, though.
I too have taken the Nuerontin.  The doctor started me on 800 mg per day, 2 x per day, but I felt hung over all day.
I saw no difference in the leg pain either.  He preccribed it for the nerve damage in my legs.  I only use it when I have nothing else for the disc pain in my back.  He also had me try Lyrica which did nothing for me.
Good luck!!
PS  sorry--I did not have w/d from the Neurontin
Hi, I dont know if you will have w/ds or not, but I also took that med awhile back. It didnt help with the pain for me either. I guess in my situation, I quit them and didnt feel any w/d, but then again I dont feel w/d of hydro like many of you do either.
Wow you are one lucky person!! I will give it a try, it's not working anyways, thanks for the reply : )
Jennifer