Saboxin - What is it?
I'm a morphine addict, currently taking a minimum of 600mg daily, but often a gramme or more.

I heard about this Saboxin drug and wondered if it would be of any help to me as I am unsuited to the Methadone de-tox programme.

Is this drug available here in the UK?  And how would I go about getting it?

Any help would bemuch appreciated.  Thanks.
Hi, I hope I can be helpful to u.  I am on Suboxone and it is replacement therapy for opiate addiction.  It has worked for me and I was at about 500mg of Oxycontin a day (depending on supply).  I tell you, the amount of morphine you are on may have to come down a bit, don't know for sure, but maybe.  You can look on suboxone.com for some good info and if there are any doctors in your area.  

I am slowly tapering off this medication and closely monitored by a doctor and attend counseling as mandated by my doc.  These things together, I hope, will help me stay off this stuff even when Im done w/ the suboxone.  It is an opiate, but a little different.  Im a little tired to tell u all the technical stuff as to why, but that website will.  Anyway, it def. curbs any urges and no w/d symptoms, so ....so far/so good.  

I hope this is helpful. good luck and if u have any other questions about it, please feel free.  Im going now, but will check in tomorrow.  Let me know.

sincerely,tracy
Hello I DONT KOOW A WHOLE ALOT ABOUT SUBOXONE. I DO KNOW IT A ALTERNATE TO METHADONE.FOR A WEENING PROCESS TO OPIOD ADDICTION.i DO KNOW MY DAUGHTER IS RECEIVING IT TO GET HER THROUGH OXY ADDICTION.SHE IS IN REHAB.THEY ARE CUTING HER LOOSE BECAUSE HER INSURANCE WONT PICK UP THE COST.10.0000 A MONTH.I HAVE C/T MMANY TIMES IN MY LIFE.AND FOLLOWED UP WITH VARIOUS SUPPORT GROUPS.imho IT IS HOW MUCH YOU AS AN INDIVIGUAL HOW YOUR OUTCOME WILL BE. THAT IS THE HARD TRUTH.imho.GOOD LUCK AND g
g
GOD blESS
                           bRUCE
Yes it is available in the UK, it was only approved in the US in 1992, and in the UK a couple of years ago so you might have to do some digging to find doctors who use subutex and suboxone.

What it is: Subutex is buprenorphine, it is a partial agonist (increases) to your opiate receptors and partial antagonist (decreases) to opiate receptors. You would want to begin with this and then move to suboxone.

Suboxone is buprenorphine with naloxone, naloxone is an antagonist only so it blocks all opiates in your system and the withdrawal will be much more severe if you begin with suboxone and still have opiates in your system. Typically the first dose is administered (in the UK) at least 4 hours after your last dose of the opiate you are taking (oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, morphine etc.)

If you are on any tranquilizers, sleep aids, and/ or benzodiazepines (xanax, valium, ativan etc.) it is not advised to take these with suboxone as it can be very dangerous. This is one reason some patients choose methadone rather than suboxone. Also, with methadone there is no withdrawal because it has no antagonistic effects on your opiate receptors.

Hope this helps
xoxo- D.
Hello, my name is Daniel, and I am addicted to OXY.  Tonight is going to be my first Suboxone treatment.  I am very excited to see if it works.  The drug OXY has destroyed my life and the relationships with my family and freinds.  It has also gotten me in trouble with the law.  And if I do not quit, I will end up in prison or dead.  I can only prey that Suboxone will work for me.  And if there is anyone out there that relates to me, than I suggest you give Suboxone a chance.  It might cost alot, but it is worth it to save your life.  And in the long run, I am sure it is cheaper than what I or anyone spends on there habit.  I will check back in here to let evryone know how it went for me.  And good luck to anyone who wants to quit.  Trust me, if your here reading this, ITS TIME!!
you got some very good advice about suboxone...and as long as your committed to not chasing the high (if you do) then it will work for you...its is a great tool along with therapy to start your life of being free...if you have any questions, i may be able to help, just send me a private message.
and good luck to you all in starting your new life!!