Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Sedorum for RLS?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Sedorum for RLS?

Hi all,

has anyone heard of or used Sedorum for RLS symptoms? It appears to be a combo of helpful vitamins and natural ingredients.

http://www.progressivehealth.com/sedorum-supplement-facts.htm
Tags: RLS
  • leg cramps (4 replies):
    I am eight weeks off of suboxone and i still have leg cr...[more]
Actually, this consumer review site has 3 different supplements listed that I hadn't heard of before:

http://www.topconsumerreviews.com/restless-leg-syndrome/detailed-reviews.php
There are a few of these products around and they make me laugh. They are so expensive!  There are a few ways to go after RLS and they're cheap. If they don't work,this stuff won't either...Do you know what they charge for a bottle? $40-$60 bucks I'll bet...
Ya I think it's like $50 for a "one month supply" it looks to just combine a lot of stuff you would buy separately? The Valerian root is one I keep hearing about, but never tried. Also I hear conflicting reports about whether to take Calcium before bed or not - could cause insomnia.

What do you suggest?
What I really love is K-Mag Aspartate because it just works so fast and well for me. I have occ'l RLS for no good reason!  But, other things work very well, like quinine, which you can get in a bottle of tonic water. Very cheap!

I take Calcium in the morning. I don't know about insomnia with it...I just never took it at night. Magnesium is just what works though...it seems that's what gets so depleted with drug use...

Are you having trouble right now?  Are you good?
Yes OK today, but I know I'll be going through it over the next couple days. I have to take prescribed pain killers for a condition in my spine - unfortunately can't take any "normal stuff" like ibuprofen, aleve, etc. - but once the flare-ups go away there is a process for me to get it out of my system just like everybody else.

I know because I've had to do this a couple times before since being diagnosed in 2006. My flare-up was super bad right before X-MAS and I've weaned down to almost nothing since then, but there's still that jumping off point.

I also had bad RLS during both pregnancies too, so I know i'm predisposed to it. Honestly the more I read I should just ask my Dr. for a prescription, which I will do next week I think. In the meantime there's no reason for me to have any painkillers in my system anymore and I am just going to flush them out this weekend.

Hope that made sense! :)  Would love to hear your advice if you have any.
Yes, it made sense to me!

So, you've done this before (as many people do who have chronic pain conditions) and you know what to expect...The most important thing is hydration, which I'm sure you know...Then the RLS which is horrid. There's also Hyland's Restfull Leg SL tabs. It's an OTC and contains quinine. A lot of folks have good luck with it. You can get that at Walgreens/Walmart.

Are you going to jump today or did you?
Thanks - yes a big fan of the Hylands. :)

I tapered since Christmas from 12/day during the weeks prior steadily down to 1 today. Looking forward to not being in pain AND having my body all cleaned out. Not looking forward to the icky parts, but for now it seems this is part of life I have to deal with.

But I do love reading everyone else's suggestions and hearing their inspiration and struggles - makes me feel not quite so alone while I go through this cycle.
Oops forgot to say that the last one was this AM! :)
Okay, so it's "here we go" right now!!  Start drinking water and juices(apple juice seems to help RLS!) and deep breath. Lulu says that all the time and she's right. We forget to take deep breaths!

You will never be alone again, now that you're here. ;)
Thanks. I'm smiling now. We'll see how I'm doing on Sunday! I think the good news is that since I started cutting back two weeks ago I've been feeling the detoxing stuff for a while - just not to an extreme!