Should I get prescribed Adderall
First off, let me start off by saying that I have not actually been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. People have always made jokes and comments about me being ADD. I've always felt like something was wrong with me, but have never wanted to use a pill to help me. However, I've been noticing some issues and patterns that are causing problems in my life. I changed my major in college 4 times and have dropped out twice. This is also even after receiving a scholarship. I can't seem to focus on anything or get things accomplished. I forget I make plans with a friend, or even if I don't I never follow through because I want to be alone. I get easily frustrated and stressed out. I also make very bad impulsive choices that cause problems in my life. I started going to therapy, and it seems to not help me. My friend who has a script has been giving me an addreall every now and then. I used to be against any type of pill, but this is the only thing that seems to work. Whenever I take it, I feel boosted and great. I'm sociable. But more importantly, I'm able to make logical choices that I wouldn't do if I had not taken. The problem is. I do notice I get emotional and moody after the pill wearing off. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to talk to her. I'm literally not going in for a script. However, if she believes my symptoms are related and prescribes me this, what should I do? I can't tell if I love it because it makes me feel great or if it's just helping me. I was reading online where if you feel boosted then you don't need it. I just don't want to get addicted to something. I don't know if this makes sense, but what I'm trying to ask is, how can you tell the difference between needing it and not really needing it? I don't feel high or anything like that. I just feel like I can get things done and actually be nice to people. As well as make logical choices. The only side effects I've ever got is being moody and upset when it wears off. My friend told me if I feel like that then I don't need it. What do you think? If I get diagnosed, should I accept the script? Should I just try to manage my problems even more? I just don't know what to do. I'm tired of never being able to finish anything I start. Any advice would be great
Tell your doctor what you have said in your post.  Being honest with him/her will help both of you decide what is best for you.  Please dont take your friends meds anymore.  That can be very dangerous.
You honestly remind me of myself: an addict waiting to happen. You've described ONLY feeling productive, better etc etc when on a pill that is basically speed. What will happen when you stop? You will have the same exact problems you do now. A pill can never, ever, completely fix us. That's a life time journey. Talk to your therapist, and to a doctor about getting help for your issues. If a pill fixed our issues, there would be no drug addicts. Good luck to you. And let us know.
If you feel like the therapist you're currently seeing isn't helping you, you could always try a different one. Like anything else, sometimes you have to try a couple to find the right one.
Im curious how things worked out for you, Madison1214. I have lots to say about my experience with adderall but I also understand that every person is different and plenty of people function perfectly fine on medications that others are addicted to. I just hope that if you feel yourself losing control that you think about how hard it is to come back from any addiction and that you just confide in someone before things get out of hand. Trust your instincts and stay healthy. Life is so much better sober.