Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Smoking oxycontin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Smoking oxycontin

does anyone know if smoking oc is more addicting than using it in other ways? like orally or snorting?
WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR ASKING?  WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU IF YOU WANT HELP GETTNG OFF DRUGS.
Skeeter,

I have been working with my daughter to get her off of smoking oxy for the past year.  Every addiction  expert, treatment center, medical person that I have talked to  has said not only is smoking oxy the most addictive it is also the most  dangerous to your health/body.......      ANY abused use of oxy will lead you to a life of hell........smoking just gets you there a bit faster.
Avatar n tn
Well??   It would seem that you are looking for a way to still use, and not get hooked.  I can't help you with that.  Any way you use oxy's are addictive.  PERIOD.  I would think that this would be more addictive, as the faster it gets into your system, the bigger the "rush".  So the more you "like" it, and the more you want to do it.  

NOT a good idea.  

Try smoking a turkey, and making a sandwich.  Healthier, and in the long run, much easier to get off of.

atlantajon
smoking oxys is extremely addictive...from experience I feel it is more addictive than taking them orally...the withdrawals are worse.. withdrawal is torture to begin with but I found from smoking oxys.. you do more because the high is short lived.. and you do more... I force my dad to watch me swallow them to stop smoking.. even tho Id LOVE to smoke one.. its something I gotta STOP!!
You are so right... straight to the point and still have a very good sense of humor as well.

This site is the best thing that happened to me at the time when i most needed some support.