Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Suboxone/adderall Detox

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Suboxone/adderall Detox

Hi everybody! I was reading through the posts and comments. I just came home 2 days ago from rehab. I was only able to stay 1 night. My insurance would not cover my stay to detox due to the amount of suboxone I take a day. I tapered myself down to 2mg or less a day. I have been on suboxone for 5 years and adderall (adderrall) for 4 years. So here I am...day 3 detoxing at home. I haven't had any major symptoms yet. I'm just very anxious. I'm not sure what to expect. Has anybody been through this? And how long does it take to detox from both substances? Is it dangerous to detox at home by myself? Please help!! Thank you!!
Hi Britneey.
I am tapering down from Suboxone, but was able to get myself down to just a sliver a day.  I take the film.  I would take .25-.35 in the a.m. and would actually catch a buzz, so I imagine it is getting out of my system.  But even from the small amount I was taking, I am still having a hard time going cold turkey.  I think this subox stays in your system for up to 10 days.  Hang on and hang in there.  Just something we need to go thru.  
61chevy
Thank you!! Congrats on your taper too... Your right it is something that we need to go through.
I CAN SAY FROM A PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW ,HAVING TAKEN BOTH OF THESE MEDICATIONS , IN EXCESS, THAT YOU SHOULD GET THRU THE WITHDRAWL (withdrawal) JUST FINE BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLEASANT.  AS FOR HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE?? Could be months.  THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED P.A.W.S. (Post Acute withdrawl (withdrawal) syndrome) a term you can learn about from the internet
However it has been my experience that the reason we find ourselves in withdrawl (withdrawal) is because we chose a substance or two to escape any pain we were feeling in our life.  ONCE YOU ARE CLEAN YOOU NEED TO HIT THAT PAIN HARD, DEAL WITH IT OR ELSE YOU WILL JUST CONTI HE TO REPEAT THIS CYCLE OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN USING OTHER SUBSTANCES.

LISTEN TO MUSIC, JOURNAL, GET OUT OF PAIN AND LIVE THE LIFE YOUR CREATOR HAS PLANNED FOR YOU.  I WISH YOUTHEBEST, HANG IN THERE THIS TOO SHALL END.
Thanks for your support!! Everyday seems to be getting a little easier.. I slept all night last night!! Today is day 5.. And I'm still very anxious. I havent really had any other symptoms yet! I'm hoping it doesn't get much worse. I just learned About the half life of suboxone.
Hi..I came off the Methadone back in 2012 and I was adding Adderall (adderrall) to it and snorting it for the Buzz on. I would take a Benzo at night to come down..This time around was way different then the other opiates alone. Having a mix of drugs to c/t makes it a bit more intense or it can go on a bit longer too. You were on the Subs so that should help a bit for sure. Each med pulls our nervous system different ways let alone what you do to all the brain chems/hormones and transmitters..This is what will take some time..The mental will come in & out in waves. Do not worry about paws, it is to early for you. This one comes many months later and it is just the Emotional and Physiological aspect that we have to endure. That is why we must get Support and learn how to Change many Behaviors or some of our thinking patterns. Mostly how to set up Boundaries and avoid any Triggers that can come from people, places or things..That right there takes some work for sure!!!  Baby Steps at first and then things will all come laying out to you like a new foundation ready to be built on.
Right now just drink LOTS of water..You can add lemon, braggs apple vinegar, drink some tonic water and some Vit water..Make sure you do have some good Vit/Min as well..Magnesium, Potsium, Calcium and Ds are great at night as these relax your muscles. You can pick up a box of Electro Mix as this has the Vit/Min I suggested..Also you can find some powdered Cs, Bs and so on..I had to have all liquid Vit and then Min..They come in 2 different bottles..Also get some Whey Protein Powder and add Berries to it to make a shake..This way you get you Amino-Acids and Berries are the best antioxidant out here. Try to just build your immune system back up, as we have knocked it down during our drug use. Eat Healthy and make sure you do Exercise a bit..This is VERY important as it will help speed up your recovery up both physically and then Mentally..This helps get that wiring in your brain firing back up..I do wish you the best, and I do not think you should have it that bad. Just take it min by min and day by day..It moves like a turtle at first, but then it will be moving along so fast that you can not keep up with life..Hahaha
Be Safe
Bless
Thank you so much!! I appreciate the support. Today is day 6 and I woke up feeling normal For once!! I'm hoping this is the end of my detox!!!