Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Suboxone

Hello everyone! I have been on Subs. 6mgs. Daily,for 3 months. The past 6 days I have been 4mgs. Daily. Not too bad. Most people in my group/outpatient rehab. have been on 16mgs. Daily. I have never exceeded 4mgs. Daily. Any comments, suggestions, experiences? I am following other people here suggest on Taper schedule, good so far. I guess my question is, should I be feeling/experiencing more? Thank You All!!!!
Are you doing the sub through a reputable clinic?  That's the best, if possible.  The taper down process, if done correctly, to minimize w/d's, allows for stabilization in between taper drops, so it takes a little bit of time.  You're already down to a decent dose.  People taking 16mg/day are probably taking 5-7+ times more than they need.  Don't worry about that...luckily, you've been maintained on a reasonable dose.

To give you a basic idea, the doc at the clinic I worked in briefly would not let their pts jump off until they got down to at LEAST 0.5mg/day.  The lower, the better chances you will be successful with minimal w/d.  Anything above that can be quite difficult.

The drops down shouldn't affect you greatly, other than some mild aches, it's the jump off that is problematic for most people.  That's because of the long half life.  As long as you're still dosing, you don't typically feel the drop too much.

Be sure you are getting an after care plan in place....hopefully if you're at a sub clinic, that is part of the process for you.  Take your time, there is no hurry.  A typical sub program is 6-12 months.  The people who try to use sub as a tool for a very brief period of time really don't end up being successful...they haven't allowed themselves to stabilize on the sub.

Best of luck!
Thanks you guyz! That's some of the best info I have had. I really like the taper with no W/D's. one could only hope but, I am following that schedule. Thanks again...