Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Symboxin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Symboxin

My son is looking into a symboxin clinic. He has been on pain killers for 10 years. No pain involved. Is a 21 day symboxin regimen realistic? What about a support group like NA?
Hi Blu --- I recommend you go to the Health Pages - the second page --- and find the Post written my quite a few who were actually on Suboxone.  Knowledge is power and you (and your son) need to see what is said about using Sub by these folks who were on it.  After you read these short stories, please feel free to ask any and all questions you may have.  Welcome to the forum.  It is a great place for encouragement and support.  All the best.
The title of the post is "Members experiences coming off Suboxone"   Hope this helps.
OC is exactly right, get all the information you can about suboxone, it no miracle and can become a big hurdle in itself. For sure the quicker methods in my opinion are the best option(21days), but in almost every instance if we could just taper our drug of choice the withdrawals can actually be easier to deal with. Its a highly debated topic, some people report little to no w/d's, while other like myself wish Id never been mislead into using suboxone. I wish you and your family all the best, if possible look to other alternative detox methods before deciding on suboxone. Take care!