Taper off hydrocodone?
I have ankylosing spondylitis, which causes a lot of pain in my back, neck and ribs.  I think I can manage the pain with ibuprofen alone, and I want to quit the hydrocodone.  I'm so glad I found this great website.  It's a good feeling knowing there are other people with the same problem.  Here's my question - I'm hoping I can taper down the hydrocodone and avoid a lot of the withdrawal symptoms.  For a while I was taking 10 Vicoprofen pills at a time.  I only take it once per day, in the morning.  I cut it down to 7 pills, and by the next morning my body is letting me know it wants more, mainly with anxiety.  If I stay at 7 pills, will my system eventually find that to be an adequate amount?  And then will I be able to go down to 6 pills and get used to that, then 5 pills, etc.?  I'm hoping I can taper down in this way and avoid the cold turkey symptoms.  Thanks in advance for all responses.
Hi HAB81 & Welcome,

This post started some 7 or so years ago and I don't believe the members that posted here are still active. Your best bet is to go to the top of this page, hit the green Post A Question button and start your own thread. You can copy and paste what you wrote here. By doing that it will be your own post and the members here can get to know you. There is a lot of support here and we can help you through the withdrawal stage and suggest somethings for your boredom.

I hope to see you in the community. If you have any trouble, please let someone know and they will guide you through the process.
and to everyone really..but susieloo..please get yourself checked..my best friend had the same problem you do and almost killed herself snorting pills..her sinuses and her ear drums are now gone and she has tubes in her ears to hear..the dr's said if she didnt stop she would of died...i too have a problem with hydros and am trying every month to stop! i take as many as 15 to 20 pills a day..how ever many it takes! i realized months ago i had a real problem..after reading all these posts i now have hope i can stop for good this time...thank all of you for your posts..i hated myself for months thinking i was just a huge loser and bad person all around..but i know im just someone who has lost there way..and im gonna find my way back! Alot of my problem with stoping is the anxiety and depression i feel when stopping not to mention the physical discomfort.. but its consuming my life and hurting the ones i love..i have to quit..i cant keep on like this..i spend hundreds a month once the script is gone and 120 pills dont hardly last 10days..every month is filled with fear and anxiety and self hatred..i just want my life back..thanks for all the good recommendations on how to get past the physical symptoms..im gonna give them a try or just knuckle down and bare it..either way..i hope to be free someday..
Wow, I'm a 46 yr old woman with "arthur" and muscle tightness in my back from scoliosis. What u describe in ur day sounds exactly like me. I am going off hydro for a couple of reasons. I want to try and stay off and only use aceto. or ibup. I also take melixocam (mobic) 1x a day. Ur tips sound great I'm going to try them. I will try the SAMe I think. Thanx and God bless u and ur health.
It seems as though we are all struggling here with pills. I have been on and off norco for 3 years exactly.  I am a 95lb girl at 5'3 so you can understand how I can only take a certain amount. My pain was neck and back from my pregnancys. But then it just became addictive.  I was up to 10-12 norco 10-325 a day and finally tried suboxon. It was awesome but after 5 months weaned off and it was hell. Totally horrible even after the weaning off. Worse then cold Turkey off the pain meds. I will NEVER USE SUBOXON AGAIN AND I BEG ALL OF YOU NOT TOO. ITS POINTLESS!!! Its he same as taking pills but worse.  I weaned off it and still experienced hell for longer.. Vicodin withdrawal was about 5-10 days. Suboxon withdrawal was 15-25 days... if your lucky. Weaning off is hard but its 10x better then getting off subs.  Please please know I am praying for all of you and please do the same for me as I struggle everyday with cravings on and off. God bless my friends
I had a problem with hydrocodone and got on suboxone(buprenorphine/naloxone) for 1 year. I would suggest not taking suboxone at all unless you have a very intense addiction(like heroin or oxycodone). The withdrawal symptoms are much worse with suboxone than hydrocodone and will last much longer. It will however decrease opiate cravings significantly but the con's far exceed the pro's if you stay on it longer than a week or two. It is addictive so someone with an opiate addiction will have a hard time just taking it for a short time.  
I have been taking about 25 vicodin es daily for about five months but have been an addict for a long time. I just can't do cold turkey again and I want to wean. No one knows I am doing the pills again so I am all alone here and getting to feel really f-ing hopeless
Please give me some advice. I need to be completely off of these by beginning of sept. I am so scatters of the withdrawls. They are the devil
I'm not sure I have the willpower to wean myself. Any other suggestions?
Welcome to the board.

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but you posted on a thread from 2003. Most people will not see this. The people here can and will give you tons of support, but you probably need to start your own thread.
I just wanted to let you know that we all started out just taking a half to one a day....That's where it starts, stop now!!! It's not worth it. good luck!
To those who successfully weaned off Hydro- How long did you stay at each level? One poster suggested 3 days and I would appreciate hearing your method. I read enough posts to know that it some point I will have to just stop but wanting to minimize the tiredness that I know will come. I was rotating between 1.5 weekdays, 2.5 weekends, but that was not working so I picked 2 to start with and to let my body adjust to, but don't want to stay there too long. A week? Not sure, that's why I would prefer feedback from someone who has been there with the taper method. Thank you.
Ive been taking hydro for  1 1/2 yrs now not for pain but just to get high.  Here recently I could take up to 10 a day and hardly get high.  I am so ashamed that I have abused this drug and kept my addiction from my fiance.  I have two small girls who need a mommy thats not hooked on pain pills.  Im on day two of nothing.  I kinda feel like I have a cold, runny nose, body aches and couldn't sleep a wink last night.  I know I am strong enough to kick this addiction to the curb.  My fiance and I are leaving for Jamaica on Oct 8 and I want my body to be back to normal producing the natural endorphins it should be. Any advise or support would be awesome!!!
I am a hydro addict. I've been perscribed dros now for over two years because of herniated discs in my back and like many other ppl I had no idea about how addicting they were nor did I know anything about withdrawls. Now that I physically can't seems to make it through the withdrawls symptoms ( i give in at about 36 hrs. because they r so severe at that point) and I have a very demanding life and I know I have a problem, I have been somewhat honest with my doc. abut using more then I should and now he has perscribed me moriphine 15mg twice a day. I am very scared about even trying the morphine for a # of reasons which include addiction and more severe withdrawls. I am tired of being sick and tired and BROKE. I have tried weening but I don't have the will power. I'm not looking for something else to get hooked on to make my life harder I just want it all to stop. Opiates are evil!! Any suggestions?
Hi there and welcome. Please copy and paste the above to your own post. Start a new thread. This one is from 2003. Many won't see this. You will get advice, support and more feedback.
I just cant ******* do it, I am so tired all the time if I dont take them, I take between 5.5 and 7 norcos a day, a good daiy is 5.5, im ******. I just started a new job and cannot take time off and cannot show any signs of withdrawl. I just cant ween off, its so hard. I have had a brain tumor and testicular cancer but that was only an excuse to take them. I have told my wife but she doesnt think it is a problem, how do i stop i need help from someone to help me ween off or something to help the no=vike crash.
How many pills are you able to get down to a day?  Do you have a dr that can give you some Clonidine?  It is well known for its benefits in helping with opiate WD.  How long have you been taking the norcos?  Do you have any other drugs to help?  Look at the Thomas Recipe in the bottom right hand corner of the page.  Let me know what you think.
I have been taking 10/325 about 10 to 12 day and oxy cotin or however the heck you spell it.. but I spend about 1200.00 a month on them. I am tired of always being late on all my bills when I am making damn good money.. I am single and lonely and think something is wrong with me! but I know it's the pills. How am I gonna attract a good women, when I am always numbing out all night drinking and eating pills to feel good. I am so sick and tired of being alone, but must not be if I can't bet this. I have taperd off before, and it does work.. It's better to go cold on 4 a day than 10 a day.. So yes, tapering and then a lil of cold turkey works. It just seem that it is a lot harder this time. What is up with the thomason thing?
HI welcome to the forum the Thomas recipe can be foud in the heath pages or on the lower right of the screen it will give you a few things to make this a bit ezer If I said this ones I have said it a 1000 tims as addicts we need to change the way we think and reason to overcome are illness the pills are just a symptom as is the booze quiting the pills is a 5 day deal the booze you need medical attention if you a heavy drinker and its every day we can help you here with the pills how many and what kind(mg) are you taking???
I agree with you jumping off is ez then tapering off we will be here to support you and help you along the way first thing you need to do is start your own post go to the top of this screen there is an orange box marked post a question start there this is a old post and it will get overlooked a new one wont I wish you luck God bless.....Gnarly
years ago my doctor put me on hydrocodeine 10/325mg x6 pills a day. I am currently still taking this medication and have been for 5 yrs. I have some cervical and spinal issues and have tried coming off cold turkey and it liked to kill me. I am scared I wanna get off this medication but the withdrawl symptoms are horrible.... I have no health insurance and have low income... so it will not be possible for me to get medical help... Thanks!!!  
I have been taking Norco for the past 4-5 years, but I only take 1 to 1/2 a day. I am fine during the day with out them I work from 7:30 to 4:30. But I can feel my need for them in the evening. No one knows not even my doctor. I take them for 3 slip disc. and some arthritis. I also panic when I see my bottle almost empty and no refill. I know I am addicted and have no clue how to stop this horrible addiction. I am glad to find this site, and post on it and also admit to my addiction. And by the way I am 57 years old. How do I taper with so little powerful pills
suboxone you dont want to use because those have withdrawls too. It is an opiate blocker which means if you take pain pills or herion you will not feel the effects. I also suffer from lupus and have been on vicodin 10mg. I am overly abusing them going thru 150 pills in two weeks. I cant tell my doctor because i do need them for the pain but i need help to learn how to take them has perscribed. anyways i feel your pain and wish you the best of luck
I am in the same boat as you are please if you figure it out let me know =(
It's refreshing to see that there are others that are going through this crap. I've been taking about 4 Norco 10/325's per day, and I would like to figure out an effective tapering plan. All I know is that I can't successfully go CT-it throws everything out of whack. I saw a doctor in regard to all of this, and she game me a prescription for Wellbutrin (for the depression) and Xanax (for the anxiety). I'm beginning to think that this is not the right way to go. Thoughts?
Actually, The wellbutrin and xanax would be good for you to keep on hand, I just recently relapsed after nearly 26 days clean... Yeah I know. But I am getting back on track, But from recent experience of going thru the entire wd and recovery process, you will have some MAJOR anxiety and depression attacks,it's pretty bad usually the second and third week after getting clean. I wouldn't recommend taking them daily, as that just develops another addiction, but I wish I had anxiety medication several times, during the last month lol, I really had some "moments". - Good Luck to you, And How I got clean, Was God -- praying ALOT!! And adderall, it is a stimulant, and works wonders getting off of opiates, and then after a month I just got off the adderall no problems, This may not work for everyone but it did work for me :-) Good Luck to you, and Your future walk with sobriety :) You can do it.. It really is a mind over matter. :)
I agree with you that Suboxone is not a good option (for most). I was on it 6 months, turned me into a zombie. I quit cold turkey (not the best idea) and suffered the worst withdrawals imaginable. I was only taking 8mg p/day, too! I went straight back to the hydro's. The withdrawals from hydro is way easier than suboxone. So unless someone is a heroine addict I would NEVER suggest Suboxone. Just deal with the hydro withdrawal side effects (lasts about a week) and it will be much better in the long run.
I was taking 4 10.325 hydros a day for three years i am tapering off i am on day three at one and a half, every day i want to take more is there  any one
out there tapering off to help me with advice please let me know    
I'm here, was on just about your dose (plus a bunch of other stuff) and am on Day 4 - hang in there.  You should be through the worst of it, hang in there.
Sorry I misread your post - so you are still tapering which is what I did.  Just be ready for detox when you jump off, I cut back till I was down to one for a day or two then just stopped.  We have almost identical amounts and durations so I'll tell you what happened to me so you are ready, I'm on day 4 of no pills and I feel soooooo much better, if you can hang on through the couple really rough days you will feel better.   Get through it a minute at a time, an hour at a time and I kept repeating to myself this will be over, this will be over.   Look up the Thomas  recipe and get all that stuff before you jump off, GET immodium and take it aggressively (this is where I made a big mistake and let myself get really dehydrated).  Take a few days off cuz you WILL be sick, like the worst flu of your life.  Consider posting a new link to get support from people, this looks like an old threat.  Best of luck.
You have no idea just how normal you are!  I have exactly the same mind set as you.  Have yet to tell my doctor, even debating if I should.  Tomskatt is wonderful to talk to about this as well.  I had a plan in place today to tell my Dr. everything but now I have it in my head that I can wean myself down to an "as needed" basis.  Maybe I can maybe I can't but I do know that I am taking way more than I should.  As supportive as my husband is he is definately starting to get angry with me.  He doesn't blame me at all but he is angry that life has thrown us another curve.  We have certainly had a rough 12 years of marriage.  He is my one and only, I do know that.  Just hope he feels the same when I start detoxing!!
I really feel like crying right now, One i feel like im in horrendous pain two, I almost am certain I am addicted to the Hydrocodone, I am supposed to take one tablet 4 times a day I take them way more often than that and I always run out at least a week and ahalf before I can get them refilled, in that time i am making my family crazy, I am not taking care of myself, I have changed...so I take tylenol P.M. to sleep till I can wrangle more out of my doctor...I did sign a paper saying I wouldnt try to go thru any other doc for this med so far have kept my word, but I also do have knowledge that ppl sell their vics on the street not exactly a good idea to be doing that...which I haven't yet, but oh how I want to..when i am hurting like this, I dont understand why my pain is so bad, I have Osteoporosis, but for some reason it is only in my Upper spine to the mid spine where it hurts so bad I want to tear my hair out and wish for a way to end it...i have never been this type of person, I am changing I dont like it...Please Ideas here...would be appreciated I am going to tell my doctor after reading your info here...I am going to tell her to help me get off of them if she wont I do have another doc that will course hes a psychiatrist...but shoot they know their meds too right.. anyway im glad i found you all...thankyou for all the shares now I know for a fact I am addicted and do need to take care of it...gabby
Gabby - I just sent you a PM, pls check your messages.
We have a family doc who dispenses 100 vicodens a month like candy to my wife who takes them occasionally as needed for MS pain). I got into taking a couple of them here and there but then leveled off to taking about four to five 7.5mg vicodins for about a year for no good reason except the energy they appear to give me and to alleviate the detox symptoms. I have tried to tamper off,  as suggested by others,  but didn't have the will power to see course through.  I finally decided to detox myself. I checked into a motel with a case of water and began drinking water (about 4 gallons) over a 24 hour period. One rough time of quiet suffering with a Do Not Disturb sign on the motel door. Did not tell anyone. While urinating I could literally smell the hydrocodone (no joke). During this period, I experienced severe lower back pain, profuse sweating, insomnia, and anxiety. Took a few hot showers during that time to alleviate the back pain. Tylenol helped also. After checking out of the motel I went to the Gym and walked on the tread mill for as long as possible with the theory that this might metabolize the  hydrocodone at a faster rate. This was followed by as much water as practically possible. The first few nights after the motel were filled with severe insomnia and wrestless legs.  After 5 days things are way better but slight insomnia persists. Besides losing about 7 pounds from the process, I am glad this went through this. There is still a bottle of 50 Vics sitting in the bathroom cabinet but I can't face the thought of going through this detox process again. Hope this helps the many folks who have the same problem.
hibluehen, how are you doing? I commend you for stepping up and quitting cold turkey. I plan on doing the same next Saturday when my significant other goes on a business trip. Until then, Im doing the tapering method in hopes of decreasing the withdrawl symptoms I will experience next week. I am currently on a much higher dose than what you were on.. I was taking 10- 10/325 Hydrocodones per day. Yesterday I decided to split that amount in half to 5-10/325's. No, I do not feel any high from 5 pills as my tolerance is through the roof however Im experiencing mild withdrawls. Anxiousness, chills, some mild body aches, but I consider myself very lucky! I suppose the withdrawls will get worse with time when my body realizes what Im doing. Im going to introduce some more water into my diet and Ive heard going to a infrared sauna will help with the detox process so I may try to find one of those as well! Good luck and let me know how your doing! I would love a buddy to chat with during this time! Best Wishes!!!
I've been taking  7  10/325  Vicodin for 16 yrs now for 7 major surgeries on my back and female complications and I would like to start a taper now just got a script for 210, can anyone tell me the proper way to do this. I tried cold turkey made it 5 days and I felt like I wanted to die. I don't want to take anything else. I heard Clonodine was an exellent choice and non narcotic. Can any one help me. I'm ready I want my life back I'm 42 and my daughter is 9. She doesn't deserve a mother who can't function. Please help me I'm in dier need of input. Thanks
I'm new to this medhelp forum site . I have been taking hydrocodone for the past 4 years. I started out at 4 hydrocodone 10mg a day to now 2 hydrocodone 5 a day. I just recently found out I'm pregnant and need to get off them ASAP! I am having the hardest time going with out any . The first thing I do when I get up is take a 5mg . I think I can go with just 1 a day ( although it is extremely difficult) I just want to know how I get from taking 1 to 0 And what to expect when I go without for a day and how long will I feel
These side effects . These last days are the hardest for me.
Hi and Welcome.  I'm 64 days off a 4-6 10/325 Hydro for over 2 years of solid use.  Some people taper (like me) and others just go cold turkey - quite honestly where you are at such a low dose I personally would just stop.  You are most likely feeling flulike and achy anyway as 10 mg per day of hydro isn't much.  

You really don't have much to taper and we can't give advice on that but I just went down a from 4 to 1 per day over a 2 week period gradually decreasing.

when I jumped off (that is when you stop) I started withdrawals about 16 hours after my last pill - immediately the diarhhea started and I didn't manage that which was a big mistake.  So get yourself immodium and you take one every time you hit the toilet to get it under control.

Get some gatorade and other drinks so you can hydrate -  push those fluids.

Your skin will crawl, you won't sleep, you will cold sweat and be miserable but I just kept telling myself it was the worst flu I ever had. I took lots of hot showers - like every hour as it was the only real relief I got.  I just put a towel down in tub and laid down to take a shower letting water run on me.

The fear of withdrawal can be worse than just doing it.  The worst usually lasts 2-3 days and then you just feel like you've gotten over the flu for another week or so.  It isn't fun but the only way out of opiate addiction is straight through it.  Stopping is easy enough, it is staying stopped that can be tricky.  Once you get over the physical withdrawals the mental part can play games.

Focus on getting over them right now with a thought of how you will manage the other stuff later, N/A meetings are free, there is counseling, this forum.  You really have to WANT to be clean more than you want the pills.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have if you want to private message me.  

One last thing, it is usually better to just start your own thread - more people will post and support you - just go to top of forum and "Post a question".

You've found a great place to get support and we all know what you are going through.

Stick around!
follow up - I didn't see you were pregnant sorry.  Does your doctor know you are taking them? How far are you?  I would say taper with help of your doctor, some ladies here who have experience with this will probably come along to weigh in but detoxing on your own while pregnant can be dangerous.  I'm gonna let the mamas with experience step in here.  Consider reposting a new thread of your own!
I've been taking 3-4 vicodin nightly before bed  for 3 years, so I can sleep without pain. 5/500.. I read all of these posts about becoming addicted and I wondered if I was. I have severe back pain and rehumatoid arthritis. I noticed about a month ago they didn't seem to alleviate any of the pain so I just stopped taking them. I didn't feel any different after stopping the pills as I did when I was taking them. (approx 45 days pill free) I keep myself from taking them during the day because I want them to work at bed time. They just stopped working!!         I told my doc they were'nt working and I needed something stronger so I could rest at bedtime. He prescribed norco 10/325.. I'm 56 y.o. male and very seldom take a pill in the daytime unless the pain is terrible. I just deal with it.. Does anyone think I will have a problem with addiction if I take these pills in the same manner?? I don't want to become dependent on anything.  Thanks  Steve
What is the best substitute to ask a Doctor for when trying to get off the Addiction Hydrocodine 7.5mg and used 8-10 a day, but I have been very depressed because I have been fighting this addiction alone, both my parents are deceased and I'm 23 yrs old. I really want to feel normal, no one knows of my addiction and I want help. I believe in God and I know he will help get through this. I fear the withdrawals. I can't stand it.

Please advise If someone has any helpful tips.
Thank you
It feels good to read all the posts,and know I'm not alone...I take one 10/325 at 730am last till 239pm then take 5 ,finally I take 4 at about 700pm..many people say they got from a high dose to a 2 day dose but don't give details..LOL..can anyone tell me how long I should lower one pill by? I hear one pill a week or half a pill less a week is good..but can anyone with experience please help me figure out what works and how long the dosage souls last before I take less? I lov.my wife, my familia,but I just need to know what schedule works for minimal withdrawls,,i can't feel horrible at work but do deal with some symptoms plus I need to sleep some to be able to function,,someone please respond I swear I will stick to it..but
I find myself coming to this site a lot. I too have an addiction to norco 10/325. I've been taking them for about a year and I can't recall a day with out taking one. I started off with just taking one at a time about 3-4 times a day. and over the months I've increased to taking two norcos at a time. It has escalated to me waking up and popping three or four. An hour later I would take another two. I would do this throughout the day, everyday. My bf takes them as well but he will only give me one at a time every 4-6 hours. Little does he know that I have a bunch of my own, on top of what he will give me. On Saturday night I bought 50. It's now Tuesday night and I have a total of 5 left. I know that I am taking way too many and I come to this site just to remind myself that there are ways to quit. Personally for me I am finding it hard. I have experienced W/D and I do not like them so I take more. I honestly can't go more than 4-5 hours without having them. I know I need help. But I don't want to go to the dr or go to NA meetings. I would like to try to do this tapering that you all are talking about I'm just not sure if I have the self control to so do. Can anyone please tell me exactly how to start this step
saboxone is just as bad a girl friend of mine went from methadone to that and shes just as dependadnt on those~after to many yrs on and off i cant even count i now take 10 to 15 a day i feel awful all the time alot of diff feelings one is self hate and alone and lost its an awful thing~
i take a total of 15 to 20 A DAY IT ***** ILL TAKE 5 AND THEN GET SO HIGH I FEEL SICK AND TURN AROUND 3 HRS LATER AND DO IT AGAIN I TRY SO HARD BUT I RAISE A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD HES 3 AND A HALF BUT HAS THE MENTALITY OF 2 AND A HALF HE HAS AUTISM AND SPECTRUM DISORDER AND ADHD~I JUST CANT KEEP UP I STOP AT 6 PM AND SUB STATUE WEED FOR A BUZZ WHEN I GET UP THE 1ST THING I DO IS POP A FEW I FEEL LIKE COMPLETE CRAP UNTIL THEY KICK IN AN HR LATER ANOTHER COUPLE~I CANT QUIT I HAVE TRIED I CANT GET HELP BECAUSE OF BOOGIE MY GRANDSON HAS NOONE BUT ME~ITS A VICIOUS AWFUL CIRCLE I HATE IT AND MYSELF I GET SO SCARED IF I GET DOWN TO 20 OR SO AND IF I RUN OUT~HERE IF YA NEED SOMEONE~SHA
ITS JUST AS BAD AS BEING ON THE VICS OR HYDRO AT ALL YOU DEPEND ON THEM JUST THE SAME BUT GET NO BUZZ~ITS ACTUALLY HARDER TO WITH DRAWL OFF THOSE THEY STAY IN YOUR SYSTEM LONGER!
20mg a day is not a lot, but if Dr increases ur dosage to 10/325 or 10/500, be careful.  Remember (1) 10/325 is = to (2)  5/500.  I got addicted when i upped the dosage that way and kinda forgot about the strength (narcotic) in ea pill.  The best way to look at this IMO, is that you're body is "dependent" and tolerant of the dosage, so quitting will usually cause withdrawals listed in this discussion.  I tried CT and was clean for 3 mos..then had a Dr increase my dosage to 10/500.  Thats when the probs started for me.  Im tapering now, cutting ea pill in half from a base dose of 30mg a day, cutting a pill in half after a week has passed.  Less problems than CT for sure.  Staying on the meds is a personal decision, but unless you have SEVERE pain, you just end up getting hooked on them and they do little for pain less than that.  There is also the Long-term usage of these pills and the effect on your liver regardless if you dont drink alcohol.  you could liken that argument to a moderate use of alcohol over many years.  Most ppl probably dont get cirrhosis of the liver in that case, but do if their drinking lots of hard alcohol and beer ea day for 20 or more years.  ive heard your liver has to recover and it has a lot of work to do anyway without adding heavy booze or Opiates to the mix
I dont know if is a great idea to tell your doctor everything keep your med s for pain in your corner, the doctor is not suffering,and most have broken there hypocritical oath these days, i have been on 750/antecetphetimine, for 6 years from a double c-spine fusion,started as only for pain,and have only taken 3 in a day once or twice in 6 years, after reading all this,now i take only 2 a day are only if i need because of pain. gabapentin was the bad one i quit to cold turkey it did me very wrong after only a few months of mixing with hydrocodone i was taking,so i stopped it all together and i had bad withdraws for 3 or 4 days with it. free from it ,now moving on with this hydrocodone,and i am tapering off it,and or am trying to get started doing that.my doctor Edgar D Ramirez in land of lakes Florida, left me high and dry when i tried to get help on a second opinion from LSI , he wanted to corterize my nerves ,i think it was called nerve oblation , and i would not let him so he basically showed me his egotistical doctors power by leaving me with out my meds, in pain, and kept my copay. Its ashamed they have too much power now,you cant even find anyone to take a complaint on him. but i have moved on. dont tell your doctor everything unless you know you can trust a human, and the bible says we cannot. so i will not no more you are now like myself in the underground for the right to live and have a healthy life without dr's treating you like a cash cow. God bless, ill be praying for you, and i would say get family help,stay on internet searches and do what is right for you everyone is diffrent God bless.  
this is silly sue. I finally realized I am one of those who found  out  what this miracle drug does to you ,I have fibra myalga and I take halfs all the time ,then when the  gets real bad I take whole ones ,I realized last night that I am addicted and I am gonna try weening off and then I never want to see these pills again.
Do I ask my doctor for it for methodone to get off vicodene