Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Trazodone for sleeping

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Trazodone for sleeping

Has anyone taken Trazodone for sleeping problems?
My husband took it before ,but his doctor was treating him for depression with it.I can tell you it did make him sleep well.Peace.
I haven't personally taken it, but my cousin is currently on it for sleeping issues and has been on it for awhile.  Years?  He was first on Soma....then they stepped him up to Trazadone.  More powerful.  More addictive?  I don't know for sure.  Hang on and I'm sure someone on the forum will have some experience to share.  All i know is that it really works for him.
I take Trazadone for sleep and it works wonderfully I take 150 mg I can take it and within 10 minutes I am out! It is also an anti depressant. I have no side effects from either.
Hi Corey.   I was on Trazadone for about 6 mo and it was originally prescibed for depression however they also felt it would help me sleep but it really did neither in my case.  The one thing they felt was benificial in my case was when they 1st had my try it I think they were 20mg tabs(not sure) I took them up to 6-20mg tabs before bed to see what dose would help.   It did not help and I was put on Remeron.   Remeron did help the sleep issue as a matter of fact I would have to make sure I took them 1 hr before I went to bed and I would usually sleep for a minimum of 8 hrs straight thru.   So I hope the Trazadone works for you but if not ask to try something else with your Dr.      
My doctor prescribed it for me for sleep but I never took it.He did tell me though that it was originally prescribed for depression but wasnt working well unless the patients took high doses which was knocking them out so they decided to keep it on the market as a sleep aid.Trazodone is not a narcotic but if you have taken it for a long time you need to taper off as with any anti depressant.