Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ultram

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Ultram

Can taking Ultram decrease the effects of vicoden?
Tags: Addiction, friends, Pain, seizures, Vicodin, Work
I've seen alot of posts here from people saying that coming off of ultrams were 10times worse than coming off hydros.
Not to mention, its a known fact that ultrams cause seizures in some patients, and when you try to stop c/t off of ultrams after being on them for a long time, you run a high risk of seizing.
So, I'd just leave the ultrams alone if I were you.
I tried ultram to get off the loratab and although it is supposed to be addictive as well, it didnt do **** for me.  I was tripling my doses just to help the pain and didnt work on me and I got friends I got when I was going to NA and they said the same thing.. Its worth a try its got to help or it wouldnt be used so much... Good luck to you, Huggs, G
yes Jenny I believe that it does cause the vicodin to not work as well. It must be from the opiates in the ultram. I was having to take twice as many vicodin to feel the effects.
There is no doubt that Ultram is an excellent painkiller, just be aware, it is just as addicting as any other opiates. I know personally as I am trying very hard to stop taking them.
Minnie
Hi Patricia, taking ultram isn't a good thing to start taking. I've been on ultram on and off for over 13 years. The past couple of years I found a doctor who prescribed 300mg a day of controlled released pills, that I would chew up. I've had to seizures because of this medication, the second one was really bad and I stopped breathing for like a minute (according to my husband) and was transported to the ER by ambulance, which my kids witnessed too. It has taken over my life, I've been clean for two weeks today, and this is the hardest thing I have ever had to endure, and I am married with two young kids, so rehab is out of the question. You can't switch one addiction for another, when I couldn't get my paws on pills, I would drink alcohol. We need to just deal with life and the pain we endure, in a sober way. Good luck, you can do it, we all can!
I take the 50mg 4 times a day, spaced out evenly to avoid withdrawal.  I don't even get high anymore.  I just avoid the withdrawal.  I've been on Ultram since 2001.  If I don't take it I start to get tired, then I sweat, and finally I get tremors.  I used to take 200 mg 4 times a day, but got down to 4 pills about 5 years ago.  I can't get below this.  I've started having trouble breathing at night, and I know it's from the Ultram.