Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Valium and Euphoria

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Valium and Euphoria

Can Valium give you feelings of euphoria, such as lt and percs can?
This is an addiction forum we dont offer advise on what causes euphoria and what doesn't. Call a pharmacist they give you the advise your looking for.
Thanks for your help, I'm not wondering because I'm seeking it, just got prescribed it for coming down off of the lt's, and I don't want another prescription that does the same thing you know, just scares me that's all, I appreciate your advice:)
from what I've experienced valium does not give eurphoria, more relaxation.  I don't know what "its" are but be careful because valium is very addicting.  Some of the worst stuff to come off of from what I hear.  
Hi kyjobr, it's actually lortab is what I was speaking of when I said lt's, I'm just worried, because if something is in front of me, I'm probably going to take it, however, I have a small prescription left over of the lortab, and I don't want to touch them, which is why I was prescribed the valium, but as you said I don't want to get myself stuck on that either, what to do...
Sorry, I was a little hard on you but the way you phrased your question made me suspicious. The Valium will do little for the hydro w/d. However the Valium is really a good muscle relaxer it will take away that feeling of doom. and help with any anxiety you may have. You probably got the 5mg right.
You won't develop an addiction to the Valium if you only use for a short time. Lortab tapers best work when you write down a specific plan, your dr knows your doing a taper right . He should have given you some clonidine for high blood pressure. I hope the taper goes well for you BEST OF LUCK----------NOAH  
I know nothing of lortab but you should flush it right now!!!!  Unless it's an antianxiety or something that you can't just quit.  There are some drugs out there that you absolutely cannot quit c/t but i don't think lortab is one of them.  again, go flush them now while you're strong.
Thanks for your imput guys, yeah I'm just worried, because to be quite honest with both of you the valium gives me this feeling of not neccesarily euphoria, but very relaxed, and it puts me in a better mood, which is part of the reason I've been reluctant to take too many of them, as I don't want it to start me on another pathway.  As for what I was prescribed it was 20 10mg Valiums.  Thanks again guys.
flush them now, please!!!!!!  Otherwise you'll be back on here asking how to detox off valium.  
20 valiums is not enough to get you "hooked" to the point of feeling any rebound withdrawal.  That is why it is used during detox instead of Klonopin, Ativan, etc.  Valium has a long half life...
When you say (long half life) what does that mean?  Thanks again for imput all:)

Half life is the time your body keeps the drug in your system.  A shorter half life means you will need to take it more often, creating that "need" to keep dosing sooner.

Make sense?
Pretty accurate on half life from narc-vet, but let me go a little bit deeper. Half life is the amount of time it takes for half of the medication to broken down in your body. Drugs with longer half lifes basically last longer compared to those with shorter half lifes. Valium falls somewhere in the middle here. Not as long of a half life compared to Klonopin, but longer than Xanax. Valium can be addicting, but it will help with your withdrawal symptoms a bit. It should help you relax, sleep better, and feel more at ease about things. In some cases there can be euphoria associated with Valium, but I think the type of euphoria compared to Lortab is much different. Depends on what "euphoria" is to you. Valium is a chill pill. Nice and relaxing. I have taken it before, but I noticed on Valium the longer I stayed on it the more depressed I became over time (after a month or so on it). I had no problems stopping the medicine, but with Xanax that was a bit more addicting in my opinion. You should be fine. Just take them as prescribed and don't double dose or take more on purpose. There are 2mg (white), 5mg (yellow or red), and 10mg (green or blue). 5mg is standard and should do the trick but if you have 10mg that will really take the edge off. Good luck and God Bless!
Thanks all for all of your imput, I can't begin to tell all of you how happy I am I've found this forum, and I'm on day 3 with no lortabs, woot woot!  I don't even want one right now, of course that could change tonight, but I'm going to try and keep my will power and stay off of that s***.  Thanks again all:)
Hello everybody.  I have suffered from chronic. Back pain for years. I started taking Vicodin then switched to oxygen IR 30mg. I now know that I am abusing it. Its crazy because its not recreational because I have pain excessively so I am like in a catch 22. Now I take thepills to help me get through the day. I can barely go to work or take care of my kids. When I take the oxy's I can go to work, and do everything I need to do. I was on zoloft 150mg but I still have bad anxiety and feel the "doom" in the pit of my stomach. I don't know what to do. If I don't get help I think oft will only get worse. The good thing is that I am still at a point to where I do not want to die and will not for anything for the pills. I take Valium and zanex to help with this but I just am not getting the "euphoric" feeling that I used to because my body is used to the pills. I have a real hi tolerance. Can anyone give advice?
Sweetie this is a very old thread. I would start your own by hitting the "ask a question" green button at that top. That way everyone can help u specifically.

Welcome to the forum!  The folks are great and will definitely a help and support to u!

Good lick and god bless :)
Haha...that would be good luck ;)