Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vicodin Detox

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vicodin Detox

I recently quit taking vicodin (4 days now, was taking 6-10 5mg or 4-5 norcos a day) after 3 years.  I think the worse of my symptoms have passed, but still feeling pretty melancholy and having trouble sleeping.  I was wondering if I should refill my ambien prescription to help with the insomnia.  Ultimately I would like to be completely drug free, but I feel like taking ambien would help.  I guess I should be asking my doctor this but I'm broke any advice?    
Hi and Welcome. Congrats on Day 4. Your coming thru the worst of it now. Sleep/Insomnia was the hardest part for me as well. You can try the medication-ambien that has been prescribed to you. Just be careful that you dont abuse it,,you know what I mean? Sleep cycles can take 1-2 weeks to get regulated again. Hang in there and I hope you get a good nights rest tonight. ((hugs))~Bkitty
Thanks for the support!  I've been looking up a lot of CT detox recipes (like the Thomas recipe), but it looks pretty expensive.  Anyone know what helps the most for the mood and well being part?  
Hi there-  Usually the B vitamins are good for the brain along with Ltyrosine.Also, exercise and activity releases endorphins and gives us more energy. Look at the amino acid protocol. There are a lot of foods that are great for our brains ...like apples!