Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vicodin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Viewing 201-205 comments:
I hope this mesage board will start getting used again as it benefited me many times when I needed it. I have been a Vicodin abuser for over five years and tried to quit many times, I never could seem to make it past five days. I trie cold turkey, I tried weening, I tried going into proffesional detox centers and I've laid in bed for five days of hell determined to make it and would give up in the eleventh hour only to have to start all over again. To my wife and family they lost all hope in me as I did myself after watching me for weeks that turned into months of my withdrawel. I became hoplessly addicted. After slaming my car into the rear end of someone else and recieving my well earned D.U.I. / Hit & Run, I stood before a judge who could care less if these were street drugs or they were physician prescribed drugs I was on drugs, I was impaired and I was behind the wheel of a car and he was absolutly 100% right! He fined me good suspended my licence and put me on three years probation, in order to keep my license and drive at all I had to give up my rights and allow any peace officer at any time to take blood from me. If they find that I am opiod positive it's hard time and I won't be writting this poster board because they don't allow any web communications to prisoners. Thanks to the Lord I havn't hurt or killed anyone in any accidents. I have hurt a lot of people though and if you stay on this stuff you will too! They allways are the ones that are the closest to you, the ones that you want to hurt the least, and they will inevitably be the ones that you will hurt the most. My addiction has come to me at a high cost I have lost my self respect, my business of ten years, my home and my health, five short years ago I could load and unload one of my moving vans by myself and then do it all over again, today I have trouble walking up the stairs, I'm serious! I have a wife that stuck it out with me through all of this unbeleivable huh, 90% of the partners out thier won't though and if they go and get any counceling, guarateed, they will be told to leave you and quickly! Summary: Was it the fact that I lost everything to this demon or that the judge threatened my freedom of which none of us want to lose? Or was it all of the above that has gotten me to this second week of complete sobriety I mean not even a beer. Be Aware: or should I say User Beware: Your addiction could take your freedom away for many of your years if not for life in just a few short seconds. Just get screwed up and go for a drive and kill someone and your life as you know it will come to a screetching halt, it will be over! If I'm scaring you I'm sorry, but do you have to hit the hard rock cold bottom to wake up or will you be able to read the many shattered lives up on this board and not have to end up a train wreck. I pray for everyone out there that I am bonded to through Slavery, Captivity, Bondage to an invisible demon whom won't let you go, I'll pray but you too will have to join me in that prayer for yourself because without the help of our savior in Jesus Christ you will remain doomed, I couln't have gotten through this on my own I know him now, I know his voice, and I know his awsome power to reedeem, he is in the miricle business and that is exactly what you need a miricle. You will find your answer when you have spent enough time on your knees.
God Bless All of You,
Cats Eyes
I guess Jesus didn't teach you to spell.  It is MIRACLE not miricle.  I humbly suggest you get back on your knees and ask him for one more gift--the gift of spelling!  Amen
I hope this message board will start getting used again as it benefited me many times when I needed it. I have been a Vicodin abuser for over five years and tried to quit many times, I never could seem to make it past five days. I tire cold turkey, I
hey moon leaf....i dont know how old you are, but im only 18....i too became addicted to vicodin, from a surgical procedure, which was about 4 years ago....i didnt take it then as much as now, but i still remember how i loved it back then, but was too young to find it anywhere...i was hit by a car, so to my luck i had a lot of surgerys on my knee's...then, about 7 months ago i had y wisdom teeth pulled, and pretty much lied my way into getting about four more bottles of vicodin, claiming it still hurt and what not...ever since then, i have been getting it from my friends, mostly friends who get hurt, i tend to swarm around them, or i will buy it from other people...i geuss this is kind of more a post then a reply, seeing as im rambling on about my own problem.....i know what you mean though, i can talk to my relatives, ALOT easier, i met my gf's parents on vicodin, so i could make a good impression, i took vicodin before job interviews, so i could be more confident about it, and talk to supervisors more...now, i look for it everyday, im not a street thug who runs around trying to get it like some crack fiend, im a normal guy, but i just get in these phases where i sort of HAVE to have it...and i get mad if my friends have it and wont give it to me...i offer them rediculous amounts of money for small quantities...i am also curious, if anyone knows, what the long term health affects vicodin can have on the body....thanks, Sean
I've been where you are.  You don't want to be where I am.  I started at your age.  Now I'm in my 30's and totally screwed because of my addiction to these damn drugs.  PLEASE don't let this happen to you.  You need help.  NA may be helpful for you, give it a try.  Do you really want to live life controlled by your hunger for this drug?  Do you want to be constantly searching for it, instead of living?  Happiness isn't found in a pill bottle.  In the long run, you will lose everything, including your sanity, if you continue this way.  You will never realize your dreams.  I know this sounds overly dramatic, but it is true.  I WISH someone had told me this when I was your age.  I didn't hear it and now I am f**ked.  You will be too.  LOOK at all the posts on this site.  You think we're happy being this way?  You think we all started using 30 pills a day?  No, we started like you.  It's too late for some of us, but not you.  The long term impact of these pills is terrible.  Liver damage and possibly death from that.  Even worse potentially is the change in your brain chemistry, being proven from long term use.  What that means is over time your brain gets so used to the pills, it stops making certain chemicals which make you naturally happy.  You know how you used to feel good from a long run, or playing football, or swimming or some physically exerting thing?  Well, keep messing with the pills and your brain won't be able to produce those chemicals that make you feel good.  Then, you will NEED the pills because without them your life will always feel dull and you will be unhappy.  PLEASE don't get to that point!!! Phil
hi i"m addicted to vicodin it"s been a long long time for me it all started with a dental appointment and got worst and worst its been 3 years now im finally trying  to get help now, i have 4 kids i'm 40 and hate depending on it i'm so tired of this addiction, it  takes your hole life over,now for me its been so long,that i dont get a buss,it's just a craving,i take it to feal normal,i take 10 pills a day,or more,well i did,i'm down to 6a day,my doctor is taking me off slow,i cant go into rehab because no one in my family has a clue i hope to get off soon,
hi i'm also addicted to vicodin i'ts been 3 long years for me it started with a visit to the dentist a root canal gum surgery and then your hooked im getting help now for it but its not easy, i dont take it to get high just to feal normal,i was taking 10 a day now i'm down to 4 but find it hard and im so afraid; but with the help of my doc and god it will be okay,thank you
Addicts are DESTINED to fail when they take the approach that they must keep their addiction totally hidden from everyone.  For successful recovery you MUST at least have one person close to you who knows what you are going through.  This is a critical part of recovery.  You see, getting off the opiates is the easy part.  I know it doesn't seem that way now, but it will later.  STAYING off the opiates is the hard part, and for that you really do need the support of people close to you.  As long as you keep this problem totally hidden from those people who could support you, you drastically decrease your chance of staying clean.  You also should join a group like NA or AA.  These fellowships of addicts have been proven to increase the chance for successful recovery.  Good luck to you.  Brian
How rude and heartless! How do you know what they have been through!! Just another rude comment from a heartless man.
I am really concernd for myself. I am afraid that I am becoming addicted to vicodin. It makes me happy and able to deal with life. Without it I feel hopeless.
You posted on a thread from the archives that is from 2000... I am sure none of those people are here anymore.. If you have a question concerning your use of vicodin and addiction I suggest you post a new question at the main page so current members of the forum can give you support..
help me
I have been taking pain pills off and on for years.  I just don't have energy if I don't take them.  How can I get that energy I need without the pills?  Is this psychological or have I really damaged my brain for good?  I mainly take lorcets- up to 8 a day.  When I can get them.  Which is quite often.  And when I don't have them I am depressed and tired and just can't quit thinking of them.  Any advice?
Hi Guys
This is the very first time I write to a forum like this. I have been addicted to vicodin for many years now(10) I know I have a serious problem in my hands. I have try to quit so many times but it is almost impossible.
Currently I take 3 Hidrocodeine ES (750) a day.
I am planning on slowly get me out of this habit by taking less pills every week.
I have enough supplies for a month or so.
Can you guys give me some advise on the best way to kick the habit and staying out of it once for all.
thanks a lot, guys I am really desperate and scare, please help me

father of 4
From a father of 4 to father of 4, you sound like you have some control if you are taking 3/day and should be able to cut over a short time (i hope). TayDay, you are taking alot of pills every day and will be harder to quit for you but your not way out there either. Read some posts and you are taking an amount all day that people take every time they open their mouth. I took 20-30-60 per day depending on how much i had, it was like the 4th of July for me every day and had to fire them all in 1 day if i could. If you think you have the mind set to lower your count every day then try it but the point is you have probable been thinking this way for a long time and you hav'nt slowed down yet. You have to know the pills are going to win out in your head every time you want to make a change so read  the posts here and you will see similar stories to your's and it will help you to make a change. I too lived for pills and without them could not cope and could not move my body but it's the addiction in your head that is driving you and all you thinking. I probable would still be doing them but i am coming to the end of the line in losing most everything i had including the respect of my 4 kids, but they still love me. So you decide how long do you want to play the game of lies, cheating, wasting money etc with your love affair with your drug of choice. I tried to tell myself that i was not a street junkie but a white collar hard working person who had some stress and some pains that i needed to address and taking pills was a necessary part of living. That all changes when you schedule everything thing around your drug use, going to doc appt., always looking at the calender for the next rx pick-up and how long vacations and weekend trips based on supply on hand and the w/d's when you run out. You both doing the right thing by asking what to do and now you have to do it, stop hurting yourself and your love ones. You can quit many ways but there will be some pain it in and some w/d to go thru but than you find yourself on the other side of this disease and your feel great about yourself. You will need checks and balances in your life after you quit because it will stay with you. There are great people here to help walk you thru this so take advantage of that as i do. Don't baby the drug and keep it around any longer than you have to. When you come back here please start a new post because we are on one from 2000. It just gets mixed up sometimes.  
Hi Calzy
thanks for your post and your support, I guess you are a father just like me.
I really want to quite but , sometimes I am too coward to even try. I have lower the amount of pill to 2 a day, but, it always wins me and I get back to my normal 3. I know I need to do it for the love of my kids and my own life.
I do not want them to through the same thing that I went, because I had a father who was an alcoholic and saw him getting drunk everyday.
I really appreciate. I do not think anyone in this forum is being mean or rude. I think a lot of time we need people to be brutally honest, so we can wake up and make the change.
father of 4
Can you just ask your dr to help you since are are pretty much are taking them as prescribed? Tell him not to share any infor with your family and he would be should want to help you but sometimes their farts about that once they know you have a problem. Speaking of 4 kids, i have a 18 yrs, 16yrs and twins, boy-girl 12yrs and there's 4 reasons to stop right there. Good luck and keep us posted.  
i have been abusing hydrocodone and percocet for 4 years now it is controlling my life i am about to loose everything i own including my children i truly want to stop taking these pills but i do not know how can anyone please help me i need to know how to tell my doctor i need help

I started taking anti-depressants right after high school (which I regret) and I stopped drinking everyday recently and picked up the nasty habbit of taking pills. At first it was social and I felt like I had accomplished not drinking, but now that Ive felt the guilt I really want to stop. I have been living some sort of addictive lie for the past few years and Im just tired of it. Im a full-time successful student and have an amazing family and great friends so it seems selfish to be going from one vice to another. I dont really have any reason to be taking anything, it seems with my surrounds; however, I dont feel normal (without anxiety/negative thoughts) without any sort of vice.

Issue:
Ive gone through therapy, doctors, etc., and now I feel like I found that taking a few (6/750 vicodin) a day isnt a big deal and its helped alot with the mild mental issues (anxiety, sparse depression,etc.). Im now 22 and I havent up-ed the dose. I want to quit once I finish my BA this coming spring and have already accomplished so much in my field already. With the history/experience you all have had, am I just in denial or do you guys think as long as I have plans to quit and seem to have control with it that its an addiction? I know I have to face it one day, but w/d was horrible when I tried before.

Im just here for some insight, even though my intuition is that it might be a problem. Comments are defenitely appreciated..if youre going to be insulting, dont bother.
I've been in Vicodin for 1 year. I was taken 7-8 750 daily sometimes more. I've been able to reduce to 4 pills daily. I am terrified. I am cutting them in half so I don’t even get high. I pray to God many times a day to take this addiction away from my life. My husband thinks that I quit. He does not understand that this is decease. I have a 4 year old that needs her mommy to be healthy. I am putting my life in Gods hand.
Please, please, go back to where all the posts are and select the  "post a question" and start a new post. You both are on a post started in "1999". People will not look here so if you want some help or ideas, start a new post. I will be watching for it. Good Luck
I am not an addict, however, my wife is. She is currently in a detox program for taking around 30 (that I know about) vicodin a day.I new that she was talking a lot of pills for the last year but thought she needed them because she is s/p cervical fusion back in January 07. She was getting rx from docs but the amount would not be enough so she started buying pills from someone we know off the street. We are a upper middle class family with 2 chlidren and I never thought this could happen to us. She is such a wonderful person, just hard to fathom that it could take control of someone like her. I really noticed a problem in Aug 07. She started pulsing more and more money from different accounts and started draining them very quickly. She would take the money from accounts that we do not ever touch so I really did not see for a few months.When I would talk to her about the meds, she would get very defensive and turn the problem around that I was not supporting her properly. It finally came to a head around two weeks ago. I finally looked at all the accounts. She had been taking out around 2500 a month to buy pills. She told me that she woujld stop got very defensive and just acted like Sooooo what do you want me to do. also tried to convience me that not all the money went to drugs . Well we had a vacation last week and I knew that she needed the pills to get through (still thinking she is only taking 10-15) so i told her to get some pill for the trip but that when we got back we needed to figure out what to do. ( The whole time she was on these it never looked liked she was high just looked normal) Well on Sat. before we got back I woke up and justed asked her has she been watching what she had been taking. She said that she just ran out. She told me that she had 142 pills for the trip. That means she ran through those pills in 6 days. At this point it really for some reason just hit home for me that we really have a problem and that Im losing my wife and my kids are losing there mother. I did get her in an inpatient rehab yesterday and that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It was terrible, everything about it, the people, the staff, the place really freaked me out. I actually turned around several time to go and get her out. Well this is when I really found out what was going on. I had her cell phone and she recieved a text message from the person suppling her. they were asking does she still need another 100 today. I then started reading all the text messages that she did not delete and really realized how bad the problem is and I broke down right then and there. I have not cried like that since my parent got a divorce 20 years ago. Please pray for my wife and my family. I do believe she is strong enough to get off this stuff, she went in on her own and knows that she has to stop. She means everything to me, however, If she does not get through this and continues on her path of destruction I dont know what I will do. I have to protect my children. Any advise would be great.
My Boyfriend needs help! I want to help him but i know that in order to quit something you have to be able to want to quit and help yourself first. When he is on vicodin he crys to me and tells me how he wants to quit and he needs my help, not to mention he is only 21 years old taking 9 to 20 some a day. It varys depending on how much money he has that day. I tell him that i want to help but, heres the thing, when he is on vicodin he does say that he wants to quit and he crys about how it's ****ing up his life and our relationship, but as soon as he doesn't have the vicodin and he knows that he could get it in just one phone call he says that he doesn't want to quit anymore. I know it's the fact he is an addict, but he needs help bad and i need help trying to find the help he needs.

Thank you,

Very concerned girlfriend!
This is a very old post from 1999. To get a better response to your question, you may want to go to the top and click "Ask a Question" and start a new post. You may suggest your b/f reading here as well, all age groups here with same problems. Good luck
i love my things
im hooked on vicodine and have been for about two years.  when i found out my husband was i tried to stop him him, but this didnt work.  i even tried to control him.  he refused to quit so i said cant beat them so join them.  that was the biggest mistake of my life.  everyday we both have got to have them, but sometimes im so tired of throwing my money away on them. it makes me sick to my stomach, but when i get them i cant wait to take them!  i know in my heart i need to stop because my body wont be able to take it no more.  i wish we could take a vitiman that would make us feel gool like that, but not hurt us. im on pills right now and feel great, but when i get up in the morning the same starts all over again take my vicodine just to get moving and feel good.  i dont know when i will take that step to stop, but when i do i will feel so much better and have money.  i just wish it wasnt so hard to stop.
This is an old thread hon.Go to the top of the page and hit 'post a question' and start your own ,you will get more responses that way.It also helps if you include how much you have been taking a day and for how long.Welcome to the forum,lots of help and support here so keep posting.Congratulations on your decision to take your life back....Kim
Hi and welcome    We all do want to hear your story and we want to help you in any way we can.  This is a very old thread.  Copy and paste what you wrote and go to the top of the page and put it in post a question.  That way more people will see your post and they will have a chance to reply

Lisa
Jacksonville,FL
THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST PART OF MY LIFE SINCE IVE BEEN TAKING VS FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS. I TOLD MYSELF IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM. WHAT A STUPID ***** I WAS.  I COULDNT CONTROL MY HUSBAND SO THATS WHAT I DID.  IM NOT SAYING I DONT LIKE THEM BECAUSE I DO.  I JUST HATE SPENDING THE MONEY.  I WANT OFF OF THEM BUT WHEN I GET SOME I WANT THEM.  I PRAY EVERY NIGHT FOR THIS TO COME TO AN END AND BEGIN A NEW A BETTER LIFE.  I CANT REALLY TALK TO KNOW ONE IN MY FAMILY JUST MY HUSBAND BECAUSE HES IN THE SAME SITUATION, BUT WHEN U DO TRY TO REACH OUT FOR HELP YOU GET REJECTED AND TORN DOWN.  THIS MAKES IT WORSE AND WANT YOUR FIX.  I WISH MY FAMILY WOULD EDUCATE THEMSELVES SO THEY UNDERSTAND THE ADDICTION AND HELP ME FIGHT THIS BATTLE.  BUT UNTIL THEN IM GONNA CONTINUE THE RIDE I JUST DONT WANT TO GET OFF IT YET.  IM SURE SOME PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME WAY.  PLEASE RESPOND WITHOUT PUTTING ME DOWN BECAUSE IT MAKES IT HARDER TO LIVE WITH.
Noone here is going to put you down hon.I have been just where you are at,many of us have.I have to beg to differ with you though when you say that you are not ready to get off that ride,sounds to me,from most of what you wrote, that you know that ride is just a train wreck in progress.The mere fact that you reached out here says that at least a part of you is ready to get off the train.You have to want this for you though.It can't be about your husband or your mom or dad,it can't even be about your children,it HAS to be about you.Our loved ones can be incentives but it has to be YOU who wants to take control of your life back.Addiction is a selfish disease but recovery almost needs to be a selfish process also.This is about life or death,you're life or death.Keep posting...Kim
Well i am 28wks i have a fibroid and history of kidney stones i take one vicodin a day since my 5th mth will my baby be addicted or harmed
hey girl oh my god you need to tell your doctor. That is so bad for your baby are you nuts? I am not a doctor but i am an former addict and mother you need to tell your doctor and get off them or your baby could be harmed most likely addicted. please save your child from the horrid withdrawals and pain. seriously GO TO YOUR DOCTOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You mentioned being addicted to tramadol/ultram.  My advice is to get the hell off it as soon as possible. My husband and I are both addicted to it and would do anything to avoid its withdraws. They are what I would describe as hideous and very long lasting.  We got vicodin to help us come down off the tramadol because we're sick and tired of being controlled.  The withdraws from vicodin is tremendously more pleasant than coming off tramadol. Its half life is way longer than vicodin.  If you can, get off it, do.

I can only speak for me and my husband.  The withdraws from tramadol is cruel and unusual. Rage, nervousness, at least one solid week of no sleep. I get restless leg syndrome to the umpth degree. Writhing around constantly tossing and turning. Being shocked awake every five minutes so when you wake up you feel like you've not rested. Crying easily, lots of anger. It's like you've  slipped into the 7th circle of hell. The worst is feeling your heart pound just walking into the next room but THE worst of all is that it screws up your temperature centers in your body. We refer to it as a wicked drug. You go extremely hot one minute and then freezing cold the next.

The slightest movement causes your skin to crawl from head to toe whilst you're in a cold sweat. Constantly throwing the covers off and on. It's a living nightmare. The slightest noise shocks your nervous system because your nerves are completely frayed.

The point is, while this drug is non-narcotic, it's every bit...no, it's WORSE than narcotic withdraw because it lasts and lasts far longer than say, vicodin or other breakthrough pain meds.

If you've never taken it, DON'Tand if you're on it, step down gently and slowly!  And if you have to be on it, DON'T abuse it!  Follow the script precisely or take less tgan prescribed. Don't let your body become dependent on it. It's truly one wicked and highly addictive drug and I'm sorry I ever tried it.  
i have been takeing percocet 512 for about three years andv it is ruining my life about 8+ aday its the only thing i have to look towards each morning and if i dont have i really get deppressed and angry at everything i have a good job 1m 46 6)3 180pounds been told im average or a little better looking so no one must know if someone will help me i dont have money for rehab i own a house cars and all the rest of bills that come with       thank you for your time  ***@****,
PLEASE do whatever you have to do to stop taking pain meds!! My 29 year old little brother just died 3 weeks ago and my family is broken. My dad, mom, and sister (along with myself) are left to deal with the grief of never seeing him again. Trying to recover from this is unbelieveable for my family! PLEASE  IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR FAMILY DO NOT DO THIS TO THEM. IF YOU DON'T STOP FOR YOURSELF, STOP FOR YOUR FAMILY. He took a few pain pills for the last time and never woke back up. This is the first time for you to do the most unselfish thing in your life and that it to save yourself and your family from this nightmare!        
My dad just lost his only son. A daughter shouldn't have to see her dad continue to cry and not be the strong man she has  always known. Vicodin and Xanax put my brother in the ground. Don't let your parents bury you! If you have children, don't let your kids bury you. I am left stricken with grief, depression, insomnia and so much pain........If I can convice one person to stop doing drugs here, ithen this post was worth it. I will never get my brother back.....my dad will never go fishing with his son....his son who is 8 will never get to see his daddy again. GET OFF THE DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET HELP TODAY!!!!!!!! TODAY COULD BE YOUR LAST DAY......my brother did not know it was his 3 weeks ago!    
I live in michigan and i go to Dr. Laren Lerner in Westland off of Merriman and Palmer rd. I dont have to pay anything for suboxone treatment there. My medicade covered the visit and the prescription for 8mg suboxine. This post is just in case anyone wants to get free help with getting off of vicodin or heroin. Hope this Helps!
I have been on vicodin for almost 2 years for damage to my lower back. They said surgery would not help. The problem is i take about 10-12 5/325 a day and have been for a long time. I am slowly increasing because the pain is not going away and the high is not the same. I am worried because i want to stop. I had a physical and they said everything is alright and no health problems. I tried to quit on my own and i got really sick and could not do it so i went back on. My doctor said not to quit cold turkey it could kill me. Problem is i moved to another state and cant find a doctor because i have no insurance and i am almost out. i do not know what to do now. I live in San Francisco now and they do not like giving out narcotics but i kind of need them as i am adicted, can someone help me please and guide me on what to do.
Hi & Welcome,

You have come to a good place for support. A lot of members here can give you advise and support you but it would be hard to do so in this particular thread. It is 11 years old and it may get lost if people don't see it. If you go to the top of this page you will see a green Post A Question button. Hit that and follow the instructions. That will create your own post and we can get to know you. You can copy and paste what you wrote here. If you need help, just ask. Hope to see you in the forum.
I have been taking vicoden now for 9years. I have had the same doze and never take more then I am prescribed. I take the smallest amount of 5/500 1 to 3 tablets a day. They don't do away with my pain, but they make it more manageable for me. Now my doctor is trying to take away my medication for pain without giving me anything else to help control my pain. For 9 years I had the same amount, but I lost my job because of lay off and I don't have insurance anymore. I pay for my doctor appts and medication in cash thou, but since I have lost my insurance my doctor has been trying to take away my vicoden. I usually have to have a series of shots every year to keep the pain level down, but because of no insurance I havn't been able to do so for a year and half now. Is this normal behavior for a doctor to do this to his patient after 9 years? I don't take more then I get nor do I ask for more. I don't drink or smoke and I do not crush or snort my pills. I know I am addicted who wouldn't be after 9 years, but I don't believe I abuse them either. Any advice on how to deal with my doctor of 9 years?
i am going thru my 3 rd day without oxycodone. i had my back fused in jan and have been on them since yes i have pain but i 2 love the high i have to use a non narc for pain. the w/d are tuogh any advice?
I was on this site yesterday, I was on day 3 clean. I have been on vic for almost 10yrs for chronic back pain. In the beinging it never seemed like a problem. At first I was taking 2 or 3 500mg a day, after about 6yrs of that I went up to 3 750mgs a day, then I found my self maybe here and there taking up to 6 a day.I made the decision that I wanted to stop, I went to the doc and explained how I felt. I told her I just wanted to stop cold turkey and needed something to curb the withdrawals. She said no, and that I would be better off weining myself down. She said next time I call for my refill to call for the 500mgs. I had already been breaking my 750's in half to insure I would not take so much in one day. I ran out 4 days ago, called the script and they havent filled it. day one wasnt that bad, I have been taking naproxyn for the muscle aches, although I was calling the pharmacy like every 4hrs to check if my script was there( I did that for most of the first 3 days) I got to the point where I started calling around to friends that I knew either I had gave them some or that I knew could get some. that felt like an all time low! yesterday on day 3 while waiting for a contact call I got online to see if doing a body detox would help with the withdrawals, and I found this site. I began reading. I was having the restless leg thing, the fast heartbeat, no energy, upset stomach, and when I did get out of bed I was very light headed. I started drinking propels like they were going out of style. I started getting a splitting headache, realized that i usually drink like 3 sodas a day and that I hadnt and I was probably getting caffeine withdrawals too! lol so I drank a soda and ate some dinner. My reasoning for telling my story and posting this is this, while reading these posts yesterday I got a contact call, they asked me how many I wanted. I looked at my screen thinking about all of you have so much hope and how some of you have been worse off and made it, I texted my contact back and said "Im 3 days into withdrawals, I think Im gonna play it straight, Do me a solid and dont give me any." If I hadnt came across this site I dont think that I would be 4 days straight! I feel much better today I dont crave it as much after turning it down, today is easter sunday and I have dinners to go to hopefuly I can find the energy to do them. I just want to say thank you to all of you for your stories and your strength! God bless all of you and if you pray for the help it will be there you just have to except it! THANK YOU ALL!!
I have been using vicodin because I just had surgery for 2 hernias. I don't feel happy, I just feel pain, but I have taken extra because of the pain, but I still feel pain. I don't think its possible Im addicted but I just started clenching my teeth. I don't think Its hard for me to get off anything, I'm not a drug person. My stomach is still swollen i just had surgery yesterday. I took vicodin before for a bad tooth ache due to a cavity and finished it all but never had any withdrawels or cravings so I don't know. What signs do I look for?
I know what you are going through. I have been addicted for 2 years now, with out a doctor. I have been getting them from friends with a high price$$$$!!!! You know what I mean. I am in trouble, and have no doctor to fall back on for withdraw. Please help!!!!!!!!

backface

backface
Shut up
I have been addicted for a few months now. I stopped for about 1 and a half years but had back surgury and the pain is unbearable.  Without percs, i can't hardly get out of bed.  I will take your advice and pray.  I need a miracle in my life right now.
Viewing 201-205 comments: