Vicoprofen Withdrawal
I have been taking vicoprofen for a while. I've quit once but went back to them about 8 months ago. Well I am quitting for good now and it has been two days. It seems a bit easier this time but my concern isn't the withdrawals right after quitting but what I could do down the road. This question is really for people who have or are in this situation, but what do you do to keep yourself away from these stupid things? I've been surrounding myself with good people, and keeping myself busy!
I think surrounding yourself with good people is good...staying away from people who use and staying busy.   For myself, I didn't have any trouble quitting.  I had a week of withdrawal and a month of lethargy, but I made up my mind to quit, and I have never been really tempted to take another pill.   It has crossed my mind, but I am 111 days in, and I seldom think about them any more.   I have learned that what pain I have, I can manage.   I told my doctor that I quit.  I am much too cheap to buy them off the street.   Plus, I have never had a drug or drinking problem and I am in my mid 60's.   So I guess for me, it has been easier than for people who have used drugs through their lives.   I try to live without taking any meds.   I don't have any conditions...like high blood pressure or high cholesterol or diabetes, so I don't really need to take any, and to me, that is a big deal, to not be dependent on pills when many times they only treat symptoms anyway, and aren't really a cure.

Good luck on your decision to quit them.   It is a wonderful thing to live life and not be dependent on pills.            
What are you doing different this time? Being around good people and keeping busy is a start, but will not put you on the road to recovery.
This is beginning to sound like a broken record (anyone remember records?), but if you want to get and stay clean you need to do the following -
Cut all your sources. Not sure if you get your meds off the street or from a doc, but it doesn't matter. Cut the sources. If you don't have access to pills, then you won't use.
Next, tell your secret. Tell important family members, girlfriend/wife, your doc, pharmacy, dentist. And if you have a dealer, tell them to take a hike. If you don't tell your secret then you WILL relapse behind it. Plus these are the people that will become a very important part of your on going support system.
Finally, get after care. NA meetings are the best. A must.
Those three things are the foundation for recovery. Leave one out and you'll relapse.
You've done this before. If you don't do something different this time, well, Einstein said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.   Good luck.
Vicoprofen was my DOC.  Did you get them from your doctor?  If you did you need to tell him about this.  Cutting off our supply is a must.  Aftercare of some sort is very important.  We learn the tools we need to stay clean.  Keep talking with us~~