Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Vivitrol???

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Vivitrol???

Has anyone used it?? Im 13 days clean of opiates and have used 100 medicines?
I'm going to my doctor tommorow and I'm considering trying this?
Has anyone taken it, and what your results were??

Thank you
I've never heard of this?    What is it for?
It's an opiate blocker. Basically like suboxone with out the opiates. Suboxone is made up of 2 chemicals buprenorphine (opiate) and naloxone (opiate blocker). The reason you get hooked on suboxone and withdraw from it is because it's a narcotic and has opiates. Vivitrol is only naloxone so it's just a opiate blocker. No narcotics, no addiction, and no withdraws. Suppose to be awesome and takes away cravings and help the brain and receptors recover at a faster rate. I just got it today and we will see how it goes!!!
Please keep us updated on how that is working out for you.   Makes me wonder why they didn't come out with this sooner?  
The only thing about naloxone that is bad, it really brings on the wds fast and hard. I refused it, but to each there on. Day 35 off 90 mgs methadone.
The naloxone only brings wd on if u have an opiate in ur system if u use while on subs or vivitrol it eont make u sick it just eont do anything at all bc of it being a blocker. So since ur 13 days clean u shouldnt experience any wd u just wont b able to get high. Which is a good thing. When i start having cravings i immediately take a suboxone tht way i kno i cant use and if i do it will b a waste. Congrats on getting clean and keep us posted on how its working out!
Maria920 -

You are absolutely right. You have to be clean for 7-10 days before you can start. My doctor pissed tested me today to make sure I was clean. I dont really have any with draw symptoms anymore, but the mental is the tough part. If (I mean when) I can make 90 days I will be good. They said you usually stay on naloxone for 3-6 months. If it honestly lowers the cravings i'm golden. Thats the hardest part for me is the mental side!!
I guess it is different for everyone, because I'm mentally sure of myself. The physical part is breaking down....lack of sleep,  poor eating habits. If I could just feel better, I told myself I wouldn't take suboxone, just because I was buying off the street on occasion(when I couldn't find anything else) and they would get me high.
   Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that going against being clean? I mean clean living to me is not getting high. That's why I had to quit the methadone clinic so drastically. Although it was a mistake, I should have tapered. I just wanted to be clean soooo bad. Now I'm second guessing myself.
    I have a doctors appointment Monday. Maybe suboxone will give me my life back. I just got out of a medical detox Tuesday. I refused suboxone and tramadol, they had me on so much other crap that I barely remember being there. Now that I'm detoxing from detox, I'm feeling like crap.