Was taking up to 200 mg. of methadone a day. It's been 72 hrs. and still haven't taken my suboxone..afraid of withdrawls!
I have been addicted to opiates for 9 years now. But just in the last 2 have i really gone ovrboard! I was taking up to 200 mgs of methadone and now I am stopping cold turkey, or until I decide to start taking this prescription for suboxone. I am scared with all of this talk about withdrawls if you still hav some f the methadone attatched to your receptors. It's been 72 hrs since I had any methade yet I still do not feel terrribly bad... when should I begin the suboxone? My doctor was not very helpful with advice. Any comments would be appreciated:) Thanks:)
If you do not feel very bad just wait awhile .....  If I were you I would wait as long as comfortable ....  the sub will work rather rapidly when you need it so dont worry about that part.  
thank you.. Are you also on suboxone?
I took buprenorphine as Temgesic - the European formulary that is prescribed for pain ... doesnt have the narcane in it ... otherwise its the same animal ...........
hi, i just cold turkey off of morphine and percs, i was going to a pain dr who is very good, i was taking way too many then perscribed. I was on the opiates for 4 years,everyday. Now i do have kidney failure which made withdrawl harder it took me about 3 weeks to feel human, it was like the worst case of flu i ever had. I now have 34 days clean, it's not easy but you come out a stronger person.
I know nothing about sub just what i have read here and other people telling me about it, most say it's hard to get off of too, but like i said i have never had any of it. I have a friend who is a drug counsler,tell me methadone is one of the hardest drugs to get off of, so after 3 days and you havent had w/d your very lucky . I agree with the other writer wait to see how bad they do get you may be one of the lucky ones..keep posting all you can , take nice long hot baths or showers, drink lots of water and check out the health pages they have info on there to help with the w/d...good luck God zBless you can do this and you will be so happy when you do. If you need to chat ,rant ,vent feel free to pm me anytime...brian
Can methadone cause your kidney's to fail?
Nicola03, this is an old thread ,3 yrs ago, if you go to post a question top of page , you will get some replies,
38 days off methadone 230 mg for 14 years half my life after even after thatb time priod  bone pain in legs see to beworsefor me im pushin though tank for your support tob all meyhadone addcts hit me id lijke to talj.
Hi iceman, you have posted on an old thread and your comments may get missed...you should go up to the top right hand corner of the page where it says "post a question", then enter your question or remarks. There are lots of peeps on the forum that are or have battled methadone withdrawals.  Congratulations on 38 days!! That is a huge amount to jump off of and I am sure your experience and advice could help many!!  Hope to see your post!  Good luck and God speed, Michelle
Yes, what hopefullycleanagain said! I would love to hear more about your experience and any symptoms you may still have!
Congrats on 38 days!!