Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
When should I take last dose of mscontin switch to suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi everyone, hope all is well, and no one is angry with me for posting that news on the revival in Lakeland Florida....The guy who has been leading it is an ex drug addict, covered in tatoos head to toe........He was delivered from addiction that is all I know....it was only because he is an addict, ex addict if you can ever be one, that I thought it may interest some......

But that aside I have made the arrangements    ......   I'm seeing my doctor Thursday mornign at 10:30 to get my first dose of Suboxone........He says 48 hours.....is that starting from the time I put hte last pill in my mouth.....ie...could I take a pill Tuesday morning at 10:30. a.m.  I'm nervous ....gotta get the Thomas recipe....and hope I can find all the ingredients....I'm so grateful I found two woman from church who can drive me to my doctors as it is 2 hours away.  I thought I would be too sick Thurs morning to drive that far and then hang around until the afternoon till  my next dose.....Any tips would be great.....any......

thanks and good l uck to all
Deb
You don't need the Thomas recipe if you're going on Sub. You really only need to be in withdrawels for about 24 hours before you take your first dose of Sub, but you do need to be really feeling the withdrawels. You could probably take your last pain pills Tuesday afternoon and you should be fine. Do not be takeing any Valium or other drugs after you've taken your last pain pill.
Good luck,
Magi
I will say 24 hours before your first sub but you may need something to help you relax and maybe some sleeping pills, I took seroquel and knock me out.
Good luck
Keep us posted ok
Galdy