Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Withdrawal Process and Sexual Health

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Withdrawal Process and Sexual Health

I was addicted to opiates for about 5 years, and during that time i had erection problems. Now i have been clean for almost 2 months and i still have a hard time getting erect and keeping it up. Does anyone know when i should be back to normal?
Hopefully the male members will be on at some point and can answer your question.  It is usually quiet at night so keep checking back.
Are you clean or on Subs? Subs also interfere with this fun time. If not on Subs. then your body still needs to adjust, it's only been a few months. Tried Viagra? Hey, your not alone.
Opiates totally messed with all my functions. I had a hard time getting erect during use and it was worse for a couple months after getting clean. Then I couldn't get enough, and would get an erection when the wind blew. Problem was, I had no control over ejaculation for another month. My poor wife. I've been off subs for 106 days now, and I've felt like all systems are a go, since I hit about 90 days. It's frustrating, but sex is better than it has been in years. Being present, in control of mind and body, and having feelings in tact all at the same time, I don't remember the last time I had that experience. It's a major bonus of getting clean though. I'm 10 years older than you, so maybe you'll bounce back faster, but I'll tell you what, you'll be able to make up for lost time real soon. For 5 years your brain preferred pills, focus on feelings of love and affection, your body will respond to allow you to express those feelings physically. I think exercise helps a lot too. Getting your blood flowing and boosting brain chemicals helps with all the physical symptoms of opiate addiction. I know it's hard, but be patient. That wasn't a pun. 2 months, you should be doing better soon.
If anything Davy, Weaver should have put the inspiration into ya! Sounds like you got A LOT to look forward too! ;) hang in there friend! It will pass and be better than ever!
My brother in law who is addicted to heroin had the same problem. And Im kinda emabarrased to say this but women have the same problem with our orgasms. Now that Im almost two months clean I have them within like literally 2 or 3 minutes lol. No joke but seriously it should get better with time. Best of luck to you!