Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
addicted to pills!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

addicted to pills!

OK,  I need advice from someone.  My boyfriend and I are both addicted to percs/OCs/Dilodid(however its spelled) and it ruining our lives.  We have to stop and we cant.  I dont know what to do.  We both hate being addicted to this stuff.  I feel like a junky, he feels like a junky, but we cant stop.  I hate it.  Whenever we try to stop we feel like ****.  My legs ache, I get real sweaty, but Im freezing cold, I cant get comfortable, I cant sleep, I cant breath, I get irritable, and I cant function like a normal person.  I just want to be normal again, I want my life back.  I have a son, and I cant be a good mom when Im addicted to pills, and my boyfriend cant be a good dad either.  We're broke because we spend all our money on pills.  Both of us really really really want to stop this.  Someone please help me.  If anyone knows any way to get off of this stuff without feeling like Im going to die, please help me.  This is ruining my life.  I want to be a happy family agian, and we both try so hard.  If we dont stop we're gonna lose our house, our son, and everything else.  My family is the most important thing to me.  I feel like I should be able to just stop for my family, but I cant, and its making me feel like a horrible person, and I dont want to feel like this any more.  Please help me.
You are not alone! Welcome to the forum. I am not going to really give advice since this is all new to me but you have come to the right place. There are so many great people on here. What I do know is that you are not alone, and there are a few different ways to stop. You obviously do not like the cold turkey because of withdrawals, are you able to taper down on your amount each day?
the feelings that you are describing are withdrawals they will go away if u can make it through them.it will take anywhere between 5-10 days to really know your getting better. if you realllly cant do it and you give up every time you can call a clinic in your area and get a drug called suboxone. it will cost you about $200 for a script. it counteracts the withdrawal symptoms so you can withdraw more comfortably, please do this for your son if not for yourself
You need to sit here and read all these posts for a couple of hours at least.  every question you have will be answered and look up the thomas recipe in the meantime to get prepared.  if it the two of you can you taper or must it be cold turkey.

You are right you will lose it all if you don't stop.

how long have you guys been addicted.
Welcome,you have found a great place for advice and support,if you read the posts you will find alot of people with the same problem that are all trying to get off the pills.You sound like you really are ready that is the biggest step.Withdrawl (withdrawal) is different for everyone and there are vitimans,suppliments,lots of advil AM &pm ,heating pad lots of hot baths and if you can clear your schedules for 5-7 days it is doable.You will find it is like the flu as you have experienced but with posting and supplies you can do it.I am 31 days off vics today and it is so much better.I was so afraid to do this and had failed before but with the help and the great support and advice of the people on this site it was so much easier this time.I do not think about or want a pill anymore.You can do this too.So please pick a date to start your life you can do this.It is kind of quiet tonight but more will respond.Good Luck
how much do you spend on average per week? How many do you have as of this moment? Does anyone else know about your problem? family, friends?  how old is your child? How are you paying for rent, etc if your spending it all on percs/dillauded/oc's?   Can you give me an exact amount of each of the 3 opiates you take each day?  and how often? I would love to help you. You will not be able to detox together...your going to have to take turns...it's the only way to do it unless you can afford not to work as a couple and have someone else raise your child for a few weeks.....hope to hear from you soon.
sickcookie is right. U can do it. It took 5 days of hell. For me. From excactly what u r taken. Hot baths, 4-5 a day. I did go to my family doc and he was very cool about it. He gave me ten day script of Valium at night n Xanax during day. Just get it for ten days. Work out daily. U may not be able to for a week. U 2 need to do this. I've been clean now for 34 days n feel like a human. Because u too r switching pills and probably doses. U may already have had w/d. N didnt even now. R u both sick like the flu alot? The body pains will stop. Go to gnc get supplements. To help u thru this. I will never go back. If ur supplier is a friend tell him not to sell them to u anymore. Mine was and honored my request.  Don't waste ur lives. U only get one shot at it.
I wanted to answer your questions.  Between my boyfriend and I we probably spend an average of 500 dollars a week on this stuff, we'd spend a lot more but, unfortunently, we know all the right people.  Right now we have 4 Dilaudeds left for the night.  No one knows about this.  My friends wouldnt understand this, my mom was a recovering alcoholic/drug addict, she was the only family mamber I would be able to talk to about this, but she died last may.  That was when all of this started getting out of hand.  I had taken pills from time to time before that, and I hate to admit this, but when she died she had several bottles of OCs and Dilaudeds, and I took them.  At the time I was working at a strip club, the drugs were so easy to access there, and I couldnt get on stage or do anyother aspects of my job sober anyway, so I took so many pills.  Since then its been out of hand.  I probably take on average, 4-7 15 mg Rockocets, 3-4 OC80s, and 7-10 dilaudeds everyday.  I cant go to my family for support, my dad has always been extremely emotionally abusive towards me, and I know it would do more harm then good to tell him.  Besides, I know he'll take my son.  I cant loose my son, I have to stop, I know my son deserves better than this, and I know I can give him the best, I just need to fix this.  I'm not a stripper anymore, I thought when I quit that it would be easy to quit the drugs, but its not.  My son will be 2 in July.  He is my life, I cant loose him, but I also cant allow him to be raised by a drug addict.  Im really scared, please, any help and advice you could give me would be appreciated.  I dont want to do these drugs anymore, but the thought of going through the withdrawl (withdrawal) scares the hell out of me.  Im so scared I wont be able to do this.  I need help.  Im so mad at myself for what I'm doing to myself and my son.  The only reason we even have a place to live is because before I got into this mess, I made a good amount of money, and paid a years rent ahead of time.   Please dont think Im a bad mom, and please dont judge me because I was a stripper, or because Im addicted to pills.  You seem understanding, Im just so ashamed of the person I've become, that Im scared of what other people will think now that you guys know about what really goes on in my life. Please write me back.  Thank you for your support.
-Monkey-
I didnt think everyone was going to be able to read what I wrote to spacecadette....Now I feel really stupid.  Please dont anybody think Im a bad person for the things I wrote.  I didnt know you would all be able to see it.  I thought it was going to an E-mail or something.  I wish I could delete it, but I dont think I can.  Maybe its best because now everyone knows my story, and maybe you all can help me better now.  Thanks guys for all your support so far.  I wrote the first massage an hour ago and already have gotten a lot of supportive messages from ya'll.  I was very suprised, and am very thankfull.  Again, please dont think Im a bad person for the things I said in that last message.
no one is here to judge you we all have some serious problems and thats why we are here to try to help each other!
there is no shame here, we all have our crosses to bare. HANG in there you can do this for your son if nothing else, I'd like to see you do it for you then your sone will reap the profits.  It isnt easy but gets easier as time goes by about a week and w/d gets better.  Keep posting.
swtbreezie
You guys are all so wonderful.  Thanks for your understanding and suport.....I hope I can get better and be able to help people on here the way you are all reaching out to help me.
Hold your head high there is no shame you are doing great!  Keep reading and posting it helps tremendously.
swtbreezie
Hey guys....Sorry to post stuff over and over.  Its just so great to finally be able to talk to people about something I have been hiding for so long.  I just told my boyfriend about this site.  He wanted me to ask ya'll a question....He was thinking that we should not take any pills until we feel so bad that we cant stand it, then just take one to make us feel better, then wait as long as we possibly can again then take another when we cant stand it any longer etc., but I think we need a plan, like a set schedual of when we take them, and try to wean ourselfs off them.  I also think we need to stop snorting them, he thinks we should keep snorting them so we feel better right away.  I know this probably all sounds stupid, but we're both totally lost on what to do.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks guys!
Monkey taking the pills will be a quick fix BUT the withdrawals will all begin again after just one if you are off of them.  If not then ttapering is good but I would take it by mouth so it will last longer in the long run.  I don't know how long it lasts by snoting it I never shot snorted or smoked a drug, someone that knows more than me should reply to you I still would like to encourage you to keep trying..  No not judging you hon I have no right to judge anyone if you read my story.  Just keep posting and reading YOU CAN DO THIS2
swtbreezie
Thank you so much for all of your support.  I'd like to read your story and learn more about you if you wouldnt mind.  But Im new to the site and dont know how to do that.
Go to suboxone.com and look into suboxone. The money you spend in one week would just about cover both of you. On that site you can find Drs who can prescribe it for you. Another great site is naatb.org. You need to stop this. You know it but it seems like it's too hard. We all felt that way. You really can do this.
It will be impossible to detox on your own if your BF does not commit also and get all of the drugs out of the house.  Call your sources and tell them to not sell to you no matter what. I would even limit access to cash. Quitting will be hell for 5-7 days. If you have access to meds you will take them because any person who is miserable from WD will want to do something and that something will be to take just one and that is all it will take to get you off of your plan.
go out to list of posts my post is '"3 WEEKS tomorrow"  click on it.  just like you click on this posthere hit the back button when done and look for your post at the top again.
Keep up the good work!
swtbreezie
ok I posted to you on my story it is at the top hit back button on browser and you should see it.
swtbreezie
i READ YOUR POST AND CRIED I AM IN THE EXACT SAME SITUATION WITH MY USBAND AND i HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO STOP.  i WAS THINKING i AM A MOTHER OF 3 WHO SPENDS 700 A WEK ON PERCOCETS AND IT IS RUINING MY LIFE.  MAYBE WE CAN HELP EACHOTHER
We're all here for your honey....we don't judge...we're all here for the same reason.  No one is better or worse.  It IS like narcotics anonymous....  I'm not a pro on how to quit this stuff.  But I am 16 days clean today.  It was hard, withdrawls were he**....but it can be done.  And I didn't think I'd make it but I did...I have 2 children...I told them I had the flu really bad while I had withdrawls, and I was crying because I was so sick..  keep posting here, we're all here.... get help.  Tell your boyfriend to post too.  WE're here for him too.....please be well...
I PROMISE THIS WORKS>>> My boyfriend and I were addicted to pills as well. We did a 5 day meth detox. 25 mgs of meth the first day, 20 the second day. 15 the third, 10 the 4th and finally 5 on the 5th day and then we stopped taking the methadone. By doing this we skipped all the withdrawal symptons from the oxy's we used to take and 5 days of taking methadone is not long enough to become dependent on the Meth. Meth is only bad if you take it more then 10 days or so because then you will become dependent on the meth and will have withdrawals from that. In 5 days both my boyfriend and I were done with both pills with no withdrawal symptons for either of us. If you want you life back in a week. This will work honest it will.
No one here will judge you at all! We are all in this together and have all done things that we regret.
I think it would be hard to only take a pill when the withdrawals get really bad. If you're like most of us, if the pills are there, we take them. I would stop snorting them also. Most pills are time released and they will stay in your system longer if swallowed. There was someone else on here not too long ago and both were on pills. What they did is withdrawled one at a time. That way one was able to care for the kids, the housework, and the other. I say you and your boyfriend come up with a plan. Talk about it and figure out the best way to go about it. With all the wonderful help on here you guys should be able to figure out a good one. There is tapering but can be hard. I was only able to do that once. The thing with tapering is you wont feel the buzz from the pills. It is just to keep from going in to full blown withdrawals. Some people feel this just drags out the withdrawals over a longer period of time. It is difficult because if the pills are there, it's hard not to take them. The good thing about cold turkey is that after 5 days or so, you start feeling much better. Just keep asking questions and figure out your plan of attack. You can do this! Many people have and many continue to do so. We are all here for you! Best of luck!
Brian
I am new here also,

I have been off of hydrocodone for a year now.  I was taking 50 pills a day at the end.
My husband also got addicted to them, he was atking 20 pills a day.

The above comment about SUBOXONE is THE BEST COMMENT...... I was doing so many pills no one in Florida wanted to detox me, but I found a doctor and with SUBOXONE was was clean in 4 months, with little discomfort.  I was able to work, do every thing that I had always done.  My husband and I did it together and have been clean since.  It was great to do it together.  But I had do IT FOR ME AND NO ONE ELSE.

And do not worry about being judge we all have the same disease.. THIS IS YOUR LIFE..
TAKE IT BACK... find a doctor that will detox you and your BF with suboxone...also it cost a lot less than the pills.

The reason I came to this site is I still get cravings when the pain is real bad.. I read and remeber what it was like and I do not pick up..I need some where to go where people understand what it's like with pain pills.

Love cocobean lisa
You guys need to sit down and make a plan.....a plan on what to quit first and set a date to be finished...or you could CT but I did not see a dose of what you guys are taking daily......u 2 sit down and talk...make a plan...get a doctors help if u can...get prepared and keep posting
I only took 1 and a half rococets today, and no other pills....Its a big change, and I feel ok, but I find that the first day off isnt so bad....Its the next several days that will kill me.  I wish this were easy.  I wish I could just stop.  I get so mad at myself everytime I crush up a pill.  If im so angry with myself, why dont I just stop?  I really really do try.  I dont know why it has to be so hard.  Thank you all for all of your support.  You guys have all given me so many great ideas, and so much support.  Me and my boyfriend agreed to try the meth detox.  But I have never done meth and am kinda scared because I dont know how it will feel?  Is it like the pills I have been taking?  Or does it feel different?  Im worried also about getting addicted to meth, that seems like it would be just as bad if not worse to try to get off of.  Any advice would be helpfull.  I dont mean to sound like a stupid little baby who needs your guys advice on every little thing, but Im really scared about all of this.  Getting sober is new to me, I just want to make sure I can be successful.  Thanks guys.
Hey Girl-

I feel your disparity and I can relate.  I have a 15 1/2 month old daughter- BEAUTIFUL, lively little angel- and I couldn't stop right away. I was using about 6.5-7.5 vidocin- 7.5/500 mg strength every day for the last 9 months.  It was SO hard to stop.  I just couldn't get them anymore- and decided I was done- for good.  Granted, I could go to a new Dr., or try getting them on teh street, but why?  It was inevitable.  I knew it was coming- that day. The day when you can't get anymore.  Your day is coming too- so go ahead and try this.  I wouldn't try methadone, if anything the suboxone.  The methadone is ONLY going to prolong this and possibly make it worse.  The suboxone can be used for a little while and then taper off of that fairly quickly for pretty much 0 withdrawl (withdrawal).  
Do this for your little angel.  You think you can't- but you can.  If you could live your whole life without him- would you?  That might be what it comes down to.  What if something were to happen to you, or someone did take him away?  Is it worth it?  Ofcourse not.  I'm not saying that in a bad way sweetheart- I'm saying it the way I said it to myself.  I had to get in my own face and imagine life w/out my angel.  Couldn't do it.  So I decided to stick her picture everywhere it would fit- and when I was hurting bad w/ detox pains- I just kissed her picture and prayed.  I'm 9 days clean and so greatful!!!  It is so possible.  You just have to want it that bad, rest, pray, and DIG SO DEEP!  It's just a matter of strength. If you can't go cold turkey- try suboxone.  There's a place called www.turn2help.com or turntohelp.com and they have a listing of Dr.'s in your area, and give lots of info on suboxone.  These Dr.'s are VERY knowlegable about the drug and very discreet.  They won't judge and they will medicate the problem- which is what us addicts like to hear.  Ha!  Seriously though- try it.  Try something- anything but this.  You will feel SO much better.  It's the hardest thing you will ever do- but the BEST thing you will ever do- and you will love yourself 100X's more than you ever have.
Good luck- keep posting- dig deep girl- you can do this :)
Nicole (BIG hug from Texas)
Also- I would suggest you 2 detoxing in 2 different places- but at the same time.  If he's using, while you're detoxing, that's going to be HELL on wheels for you and visa versa.  Not only that- it's going to scare him into not wanting to quit- possibly.  If you guys could take a good 5-7 days away from eachother, maybe let your son stay w/ your Dad or someone for the 1st 4 days- (get the flu- a BAD case of it)- then it will help BIGTIME.  If I had been around ANYONE on pain meds when I was detoxing- you bet I would've slipped.  
Everyone is different...I live alone and had no pills around me but l always knew I could get some if I wanted them...My next door neighbor...depressed and anorexic found out today her husband is dying of CA....oh no!   she will crumble as she has tried to kill herself several times which I did not find out about until i asked her to dole out my pills when i tried to taper since she lives next door/convenient....of course when she told me this I fund someone else...she also as emphysema andstill smokes..42...she actually called me today to ask me to get her some lortabs somewhere knowing I just quit and she has never been a user of lortabs....I guess what I am saying is you just gotta make up your mind.....temptation will be everywhere the rest of our lives I think...I hope not...AND I SAID NO!.....I told her to call her dentist....gotta diatance from unhealthy people
im new to this site but i had been taking many pills like soma,xanax,kadian, just painkillers im in high school so im young and i had been taking those sort of pills since i was eleven im fifteen now i have been off of these pills for around five months, but the last few days i have been thinking about doing it all over again way too much i dont want to give in to it because it completley ruined my life, i lost all my friends that i cared about my family hated me, basically i became a monster and i hated myself i got off of them when i couldnt take it anymore
Ive been doing so well latley but i just want them, and i dont know what to do i cant talk to any of my family because they will flip and send me to a hospital and i dont want to do that.

Basically i just want someone to know my situation idk why but hopefully it will help me.
Just wanted to let you know that you posted to a very old thread. You should copy and paste your post and start a new one so it is dedicated just to you. Sometimes when one posts to a older topic it seems to get overlooked. At the top of the page click on "post a question". This will open up a new page to where you can type your story. You will get so much support from everyone on here. No one here will judge you, just help you the best they can. You were smart for coming on here and posting. Anytime you get the urge to use you need to do something to get through the craving. You already know where using again will land you. It can completely ruin our life.
Best of luck to you!
Brian
Oh thank you!!
yeah it looks like everyone on here is nice and supports everyone anyway that they can i love that its very diffrent from high school people!
Hi; read your story and it really touched me. I would never judge you for your situation..mine is actually really similar. I was only taking about 7 tab 10s a day. I thought about quitting cold turkey but i've experienced wds before when i've run out and I just dont think I could do it. I have managed over the past few weeks to taper down to two 10s/day. Tapering does take discipline, but if you really want it then its possible. I feel so much better because this is the first time I have tried to quit and actually made progress. Don't feel shame or embarrassment for your story...everyone here has made ample mistakes and we are all just trying to get better. I think that you both are really going to have to commit. It will be hard because you are probably co-dependent on eachother, so be careful to support eachother and not bring eachother down. I'm so thankful I found this site it has helped me so much in this process. Good luck I know you can do it and be a wonderful mom to your baby!!!
Yes no one here has any right to judge you as we are all or have been in the same place. I'm on day 7 and have to fight the temptation all day everyday but with the grace of God he will pull me through this! As many have said its about will power and making your mind up that you are done. Once you do that let the hours turn to days to weeks and then months. Good luck and god bless!
How does one quit using when they live with someone who is prescribed percs 15mg for a legit medical reason?  I was also prescibed  them for a serious knee injury 2 yrs ago and now I find I have to take them from a family member just to get thru the day. I've gone thru th withdrawals before but just can't get passes the idea that they are so readily available   Info would be appreciated. Thx
This site is sponsored by the big drug companies who just want to market their "legal" replacement drugs that are just as addictive and deadly as the ones being suffered from in these posts.  Don't be fooled.  They want you hooked, just hooked on THEIR drugs.  One of the hottest street drugs right now is, you guessed it, methadone.  Taking replacement drugs is not the solution; it just makes things worse, and MORE expensive.  Doctors got you hooked on pain killers, and you think they are going to actually help you now?  Get clean and sober.  Stop using everything, with whatever real help you can get.  But, please don't think these predators are going to help you do anything but die a slow, disgusting, expensive death.
I do agree with one thing you said which is quit taking all meds you safely can. However these forums consist of addicts trying to help fellow addicts. The advice , and support comes from the minds of very bright yet addicted minds, and more importantly the hearts from human beings who want to help complete strangers improve their lives an get healthy.
Do you have any advice to help others get clean?
I know exactly how you feel.  My husband and I are going through the same thing.  We found a doctor who helps us by prescribing suboxone.  It has REALLY HELPED US.  You don't get withdraw symptoms but it doesn't get you high eather.  You ween yourself off of them.  I suggest you find a doctor in your area who deals with the same things.  Best of luck to you.
Everyone wants a quick solution.  That is how we got into this mess. Taking more drugs is just another quick non-solution; it is not the answer. There is NO research showing that replacement drugs, or MAT, or MMT, as the drug companies call it, helps people stay clean in the long run. In fact, the research shows that these replacement therapies only work as long as you keep taking them, for LIFE. That is what the drug companies are counting on. They do help with withdrawal. That's all.  They are being pushed because, under the Affordable Care Act, there is government money available to be made, and they intend on making it, now matter how many people they kill or destroy along the way.  Advice? There is no easy way.  It is hard, but a lot easier than killing yourself slowly with drugs. There is a lot more to recovery than not using drugs.  Rely on the examples and support of others in support groups, such as 12 step programs. There is nothing like hearing your story told by another person who is now clean and happy. The concepts taught in those programs, such as not trying to control everything in life, have great value and have helped millions change their lives and remain clean for 78 years. You don't have to believe in God to use them.  Many don't. When you fail and use, get back up and keep trying, over and over, no matter what.  Realize that the real problem is not just a physical addiction; it is you. You must fix you, or you will just return to using. Your way of thinking and interacting with the world is sick and must become healthy. Realize that your body is different, and it always will be.  You cannot use ANY mind altering substance without risking your life and the lives of everyone around you.  Good counseling that is BEHAVIORAL-based is very helpful.  But, don't think you are going to recover by sitting around talking about it, no matter how many counselors think that works. It doesn't. You must change literally everything about your lifestyle.  You can't think yourself into a better way of living.  You must live yourself into a better way of thinking. Few people change their lifestyle until they are forced to by legal or health consequences. Get desperate. You are dieing a slow, disgusting death every day.  Recognize it.  Only if remaining clean is the most important thing in your life, by far, will you succeed in the long run. The good news is that, if you really do these things, one day you will look back on your addiction as the best thing that ever happened to you, because you will be happy, healthy, and life will not bother you like it once did. You will have learned what you were meant to learn and will have found joy.  Ask anyone on the back side of real recovery, not a drug-induced stupor with Suboxone or Methadone, and this is what they will tell you. In not too many years, the drug companies are going to be paying billions in lawsuit damages to all the people they promised help and provided only more addiction and death. They don't care. The individuals peddling their poisons will have made their money by then and will be long gone.  One drug company just paid 2 billion Dollars for the lies it told about its antidepressants.  Do they care?  They made much more than that. Beware of the medicine men. They offer only suffering in the long run for addicts.
So, which drug company do you work for?
You are back to using again, aren't you.
I got addicted to heroin after seeing it for the first time in an orlando jail. So I'm sorry but I know pills are tuff to kick but they are 10X easier than heroin so maybe y'all haven't hit rock bottom yet and realize that long term effects are real and u get to experience em worse n worse no motter what u do or take everyday.
You are not a bad person please dont ever think that.The most important thing is that u no u have a problem and want to do something about it.How many people do u no can be so up front and tell there story like it is well not many girl not many at all
I know all to well about the feeling the pills give when not in the body its horrible...you would think something giving to help pain or whatever would never leave a person feeling so horrible and trapped but they do i TAKE NORCO AND KLONOPIN  AND SOMA and without them i feel like im gonna die its horrible and i want to normal the happiness i use to have pill free will that ever come back ???????
you all realize that you are talking to this monkey person that has not had a post sence feb of 2008.
Drives me nuts people don't pay attention to the date escpecially when there is the hourglass showing!
i know how everyone feel's i've been addictive to pain pills for 8yrs i have chronic pain but i take just to get thru tha day 27-30 codeines/percocet im in soo much pain everyday i cant take it anymore i been taking it 4 soo long it doesnt take the pain i take it so i wont withdrawal i dont want to take pills anymore but i dont want to be in pain either any advice would help
Sadinjersey235, last June I decided I was tired of being numb, I had been taking pain meds for a little over nine years to treat spinal stenosis, decimated disc's and arthritis from head to toe. I spent eight years as an Army Ranger early on in my life and basically destroyed my body. When I decided enough, I was taking 12 Methadone (20mg ea.) a day, 12-15 Norco (10mg Hydracodone) a day and two 100 MCg Fentynal patches every three days, all being prescribed by a pain mgt whack and or quack, the doc actually would give me an additional 60 percocet when ever I asked and called it help for breakthrough pain. I tell you this because now a year later I hurt less without the pain meds than I did when I was taking them. They screw with you physiologically and destroy your mental health. The withdraw was hell, the doc turned his back on me when I told him I wanted off of the meds. It wont be easy but you can do this and be a stronger person for it. I did not feel good for six months, now a year later I am starting to get back to myself. I live on Advil and will never put myself back in that position again. Some advice, eight years is a long time and you are destroying your organs. Whats the point, I would rather hurt and live my life with feeling versus it all be a numb blur.
My name is James,I'm also an addict . I to was in your situation. I was doing at least 5 to10 m box 30s a day and was always chasing the next one. I found help at a place called Hands Of Hope. The people there really want to help. I go to group meetings, and have lots of people to talk too. I'm on suboxone to help with withdraws. I have been clean for 6months now. And my life is coming together again. I hope everything works out for u. I'll keep u in my prayers.  Here if u need to talk at, Jackson1965.***@****.
I'm a totally disabled vet, broke my back on a night jump in North Carolina. Was blown off course and went thru the pine tree's breaking my back at L-4,5. My silk was caught high in the tree and it would lift me up when the wind blew, redering me unconcious each time. I have been on pain pills for many years and have had 4 back operations. I find it nessassary to stop the pain pills about every two to three years to see if I am truly still in pain or not. These pills will mess with your head and make you think that you are still in unbearible pain. I once quit for 11 months and was nearly pain free until I made a quick reaction to catch my grandchild from falling into a ravine. That has been two years ago and I am about to stop my pills again to see if I'm still truly in pain. The Veterans Admin. gives me roxicodone 30mg and I am up to about 16 a day. I do not use other pills like suboxone to detox because you are just trading one narcodic for another (even if your pain doc tells you that suboxone isn't a narcodic because it it's). I prefer my way. I first start taking Amodium AD Max the first day, the second day I cold turkey and start taking Lasics 40mg twice daily to pee as much as possible, I also take prescription Potassium, and drink gatoraide for elecrolytes. I'll be honest with you the first three to four days is like a bad flew. The Amodium is inportant or your gonna have a very sore bottom side. This isen't for everyone you have to have willpower like was beat into us in the Army. Good luck however you do it,  just be safe. These pills are pure poisen and I know I have shaved off some years from my life, but if I need them I have to take them, and I will know again next week when I detox again. I just hope that nobody out there are using these things for recreation, because they will kill you, my 29 year old step son died from them one year ago. Please be careful with them!!!
Hey Romeo-Welcome!

This post is some 4 years old and the OP is no longer an active member. If you start your own post and ask for help there are many members here who will give you just that and support you. Click on the link below and follow the instructions. If you need help just give a shout out and someone will guide you through it. Hope to see you in your very own post so we can get to know you.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=77
so i have a question please? is it possible to wean yourself off the pills? i cant stand feeling bad...i dont take them anymore like i used to i just wanna be off them completely its stressing me my kids and my relationships
Me and my boyfriend is addicted to opiates and we recently got into this methadone program its. A great program and its in different states. We save. Money.now and we don't have to worry. About being sick cuz we go to the clinic each morning to get our liquid methadone dose
I just seen the commercial for this turn2help. Here I am. But, I dont see any up to date stories. So, is there anyone on here still?
My name is Renee and I've been addicted to opiates for over 10 years... I had cancer and I got addicted to the pain mess... I know what your going through... I live in Fairbanks,Alaska! Ive been clean now for 4 years! I got on the methadone program and it changed my life..  I tried everything to get clean but it didn't work so I heard of the methadone program... It's a good program you get counciling and classes to help u understand addiction... The methadone makes you feel normal again and it a opiate blocker so if u try to take pills you won't get high... They have these methadone clinics all over the world... I wish you both the best of luck...

Sincerely,
                                     Renee
If your smart you would ask for ultram it is non narcotic and the best way to go it you every try to get off pain pills you can take 2 ultrams when you feel like the world is ending and it completely takes away the withdraw symptoms just tell your doc you read some articles on the web about non-narcotic pain meds and you would like to try it too I promise it helps I've had 11 surgerys and I'm 25 years old and you need to take vitamins and make sure you are eating good meals too keep your strength
GO TO A METHADONE CLINIC PEOPLE  OR @ least a DETOX CENTER, i been off PERCS N DOPE for 2yrs. Trust me when the pills get 2 exspensive you'll be at the dope mans door to! Detox b4 you get there.
I'm addicted to pills also. I am 28 I lost my 7 yo daughter because I was in an abusive relationship. My dad has her. I have been taking pills for 6 I've tried rehab and came home and relapsed I hate that I feel like I have to have them. Now I don't even feel normal without them. I hate me life. I can get my daughter back but I have to quit and get my life together. I want to quit so bad. I'm on day 2 I'm trying to tell myself it took time to get to this point it will take time to get better. I feel so bad I hurt I can't sleep or eat I'm sweating shaking I don't know what to do I'm scared and alone I feel like I'm going to die. Please help me get though this
Hi, there... I seen ur posting and just wanted to say, u are not stupid however ur very strong for opening up and i commend u for that. If ur able to go to meetings do it, i swear to GOD it absolutely helps and u will notice a difference soon as u do, aswell as suboxone it also helps u kick the pills, "BIG-TIME" and then just stick to ur support group and u WILL MAKE IT, u HAVE to want to do it for ur-self tho. Goodluck @ godbless, and hope to see u on here again
I reached da end! I take precz.. Recently started herion cuz i didnt have my percz! I need help fast! Im losin control fast! I dnt want 2 lose my family
I have significant pain that is very distracting- I am unfocused, bitchy, panicky when in pain, and this is not acceptable at work or with kids. Advil doesn't help, and has it's own problems (makes your stomach hurt and the lining can bleed).

I only take two oxycodones/day (low dose 7.5mg); I split them in half so as to spread them out and not get too sleepy; I need to be able to function 100%. I have pain from several sources that nothing else helps.

Am I addicted, or at this low level, should this be considered doing the minimum necessary to deal with pain, and don't worry about it so much? I've been on meds for about 2 years. Blood tests show my liver to be fine. I don't know what I'd do about the pain if not for the oxys. Thanks for your comments.
Monkey, look into suboxzone it helped me so much I did that for a while and now I am clean..It will makes things alot better I was kicked outta 4 DR. offices and did alot of pills, it was hard on me I am married to a man that dont do nothing, wont take nothing, for a while he didnt understand it almost cost me my family, my kids are almost grown but I still love them the same.. just please check into this and see what u think or give it a try...good luck!!!
Im 27 and Im a college student and i was addicted to opits. Ocy's, vics, anything like that. I was spending so much money on any kind of pill i could get. I was clean for months the first time. Then i got with the wrong crowd and started in again. I was doing them almost every other day. Then it got to the point where i was stealing them from familly. When they found out that was the worse thing. I lost my parents trust and i could of gone to jail but my parents wanted me to get better and get clean. I wanted to do that to not only for me but for my family and little brother and sister that looked up to me. So we had a family meeting and my parents are like " you can eather go to rehab or jail" i chosed rehab because i new i could do this. I new i was stronger then i felt. So i went to rehab and i have been clean sencs August of 2012. I feel great, im starting to get my family's trust again. But the only hard part that i have been dealing with is finding people to hang out with. All my old friends are still into the drugs and they dont understand why i wont come hang out with them. I cut everyone out cuz i dont want to go back down that road. I almost lost everything. So i know how everyone feels. It's hard to get off drugs and stay off them. So if anyone out there could help me figure out how i can hang out with people that would be great. Thanks for reading my story.
hi and welcome...and congrats on your clean time! that's great....but i would suggest you post a new thread here....this is an old one....just click "ask a question" at the top of the page and start a new discussion.....and maybe you could go to NA meetings to meet new people?  that's what was suggested to me.