all kinds of drug abuse over 15 years
Hi, I started drinking when I was  a teen and started smoking weed everyday then started snorting coke and then it went to snorting crystal meth all the time. I had a really hard time from it. I overdosed about 7 years ago on the meth. Didn't touch anything for about 5 years except I was continuously drinking a lot. I forgot to mention im bi-polar and I have an anxiety disorder and social disorder.  Well like 2 years ago I got really manic left my husband and kids and started snorting pills again then it went to coke again and then to heroin. A year ago I got into a horrible car accident I almost died I was in a coma but messed up my arm and leg badly. So I stopped all the drugs since the accident except for the ones that I need to take. I cant even move an inch out of bed without screaming if I don't have something to help me with this intense pain. The doc said Im going to have lifelong chronic pain and im on Xanax and ambien too for my anxiety and sleep and some bipolor medicine. What should I do I keep feeling like im going in these cycles from one addiction to the next?
Hi and welcome!

Im sorry your dealing with so much pain. It sounds like you have a lot going on. I can relate to all you said. I started using drugs really young....did the meth thing and ended up IV heroin use. Like you, I have physical issues that cause extreme pain and being an addict, opiates are just not an option for me.

In terms of your question "What should I do I keep feeling like im going in these cycles from one addiction to the next? " I wish I had a definitive answer for you. I mean for me, I dont use anymore. Ive been clean for a while now so I can say the cycle stopped so to speak. I just do my best to deal with the pain. If you dont want to be addicted to anything, then be proactive in recovery and live drug free.

This forum is great....hopefully some more people will chime in with some other ideas for you. I wish you the best of luck.
Welcome to the forum!  Sounds like you are ready to break this cycle of addiction.  That's the first and most important step.  
If you are on more than one med, it's best to forumulate a plan with you dr. as to which meds to wean off of and do them one at a time.

I, too, was in a bad accident and have chronic pain issues...but eventually, using opiates to deal with my pain issues was not working and I wanted off the merry-go-round.

Since substance abuse has been part of your life for a very long time, getting some help and learning new coping skills and getting to the root of what you've been masking all these years would benefit you more than you can imagine.

Hope you'll hang around....ask questions, share, talk with us.....there's a great bunch of recovering addicts on this forum with experience, strength and hope to share with you~