Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
baclofen

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

baclofen

Is baclofen addictive. Ive been taking it for back pain, and itching on the inside.
Hi. I know nothing about this med except my ex was given it during alcohol detox.

I'm going to bump this in case someone here knows.
Baclofen is a primarily prescribed as a muscle relaxant and for spasticity.
Many w/ MS are prescribed baclofen.  In large doses, it can cause itching.
It is also now being tried in detoxing of off alcohol.  
Depending on how many mg a day you take, if you choose to stop taking it you should wean down.  It works on our GABA receptors and can cause uncomfortable w/drawals.  My sis takes baclofen; she has MS; her neurologist told us some MS patients take up to 90 mg/day.
If you "google" or "bing" the drug, you will see it's not classified as an addictive substance, but our bodies can become dependent on it and over a period of time....SOME people build a tolerance to it.
Hope that helps some~