Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
day one off pain pills

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

day one off pain pills

its day one and i dont know how im going to do this.. ahhhhhhh my brain is screaming at me "get a pill". my chest feels tight and im sweating then cold. this *****
Hi and welcome....Day 1.  Good for you for quitting.  Whatever you do don't take a pill.  Have you got rid of your stash?  Cancelled your prescriptions? Detox is hard...very hard but the only way is through it.  Have you looked up the Thomas Recipe?  Stocked up on liquids, vitamins, epsom salts?  There are things you can do to make it more bearable.  The physical is hard but the mental hardest for most.  Whatever support you need it is here for you....Be strong...Lu
Hi and Welcome! The first day *****. Congrats on your decision to get sober. Have you gone thru withdrawal before? What are you coming off of? and how much? Its "normal" to feel that way in the beginning,,unfortunately you have to go thru it. It will pass in a few days. Why are you taking the pain pills? Recreationally or for pain issues? Hang in there~Bkitty
ive been taking about 5 hydro 10s a days and a perc or two whenever i can get them for about a year now recreationaly i want to quit before it gets any worse
Caity89, Firstly take a deep breath and Good for you for wanting to get your life back. You are doing the best thing you could ever do for yourself as you realize that if you keep taking pills is will get much worse. The first day is always the hardest as you don't know what to expect. I know its a little scary right now but I promise you it does get better. Do you have any family or friends that can help you through CT? If not you have all of us on the forum. Lulu gave you some great remedies to get through CT so I won't reiterate. I know you can make it as we all have gone through this and there is light at the end of the tunnel. So keep on going you are doing great. I will say a pray for you and hope you have a better night. God Bless---Rick
It will gradually only get worse, until you are up to 12 or 14 10's a day like I was, before I overdosed and almost died. If you take a pill now, you will be back here in a few months with an even worse problem and withdrawal, trust me.