detox
Been going to a Dr. for 2 yrs Getting Xanax & ROxy's he has just cut me offf he is a Pain managment Dr. he went from 100.00 dallars a month to 250.00 per month & he is cutting back on Patients.. So he just cut me off Cold turkey.. I will be sick.. Can I get my File from him & go to another Dr.. What old I take
Welcome to Medhelp's Addiction Forum Megkim!!! I know how you feel being cut off from your doctor and having to go cold turkey!! You think that it would be against the law? You can get your file, and just sign a waiver when you pick it up. I can't believe that he would not have an alternate for you to see, It's just not fair. I'm sorry that you're going to go through detox at home. Were you on a high dose schedule? You haven't mentioned what country your in, maybe somebody might have a doctor's name for referral if you put in your city and state? I wish you the very best with finding another doctor, or with your detox. Read all you can about detoxing. It will all help you.
Peace and feel better. Liz
You never mentioned why you were on Roxy's. Do you have a therapist for your anxiety? Do you use coping tools given by a therapist for your anxiety?
I wish you the very best of luck getting a new doctor.
This is so wrong.  Can't your doctor at least give you a month's supply of your meds so you can find a new doctor or at least taper down?  Do you have a primary care doctor who can help you out while you find a new pm doc?  Prepare for the withdrawals and get everything you need before you start feeling sick.  Hope you can find an answer without going into withdrawal.