Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
did i OD on cocaine?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

did i OD on cocaine?

I haven't really done cocaine before, only here and there when I was out drinking.  Two nights ago I was out with a guy im seeing at a bar drinking, and then we went back to after-party like usual and did some lines.  We ended up staying up all night and kept doing lines the entire next day, I honestly don't know how much I did.  We eventually fell asleep last night around 1 AM and I slept until 11.  I really enjoyed yesterday so I did a line today at 5.  Around 5:45 my hands were numb and shaky and my fingers were stiff and I couldn't move them.  Then my entire body went numb.  I made it to my bed and laid down and over the next 3 hours I have been having numbness in my hands and arms, and my heart is going nuts.  I have never had anything happen like this before, but I also have never done cocaine without drinking alcohol too.  It is currently 8 o'clock and my heart beat has slowed down but my hands are still numb and I am still a bit shaky.  Should I be scared?  What should I do?  
I forgot to mention, the cocaine is pure.  
1.  Go to ER
2. Quit Cocaine!
3.  that is the best I can do, we are all here committed to getting clean or trying to get there.
Sorry, that was bad.  I hope all goes well and when you are ready to quit please come back here and let us help with that.  It is a great group that hs made a great difference in my life.  
i am never ever touching the stuff again, i just don't know if this is serious enough to go to the ER or if i will be okay eventually? i hardly did any today... i dont really ever do it...
I truthfully do not know, I am sure someone will come to chime in.
Signs and Symptoms of Cocaine Overdose

The signs and symptoms of cocaine overdose are related to the psycho logic and stimulant effects of the drug. The classic signs are:

High blood pressure (hypertension) with a fast pulse (tachycardia) and an increased rate of breathing (tachyon).
    This occurs with agitation, confusion, irritability, sweating, and hypothermia (increased temperature). Sometimes seizures may occur.
    An overdose can also present as a heart attack with chest pain. This is thought to result from “spasm” of the coronary arteries that feed the heart muscle or from insufficient supply of blood flow to meet the needs of the stimulated heart muscle.
    Stroke, seizures, fever, infection, kidney failure, liver hepatitis, pneumonia, thrombosis (clotting of the veins), and HIV are other potential complications of cocaine use and cocaine overdose.

Cocaine is an illegal and highly addictive recreational drug. Excessive doses of the drug can result in various symptoms and even death in severe cases. Cocaine is a deadly drug, and its capacity to kill an individual increases with constant use. Cocaine affects you the way it should do. It attacks all part of your body, but it focuses much of its attack on the body’s nervous, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive system. If Someone is experiencing an overdose, immediately call 911 to seek emergency cocaine overdose treatment.

That's the best I could find for you. Good luck.
what would the hospital do though? is there anything i can do at home? i dont want to have to call 911
Okay...how do you feel now?

What's your pulse?

Any chest pain?

HAVE YOU EATEN ANYTHING?

What do you mean your heart was going crazy?

If you were here...I would take you to the hospital. You should have an EKG.  You're probably dehydrated as well.   That's a lot of coke...so I have to say this:  What the hell were you thinking???
Sounds like you are downplaying your cocaine use here.  Time to really take a look at what you are doing.  Drugs and alcohol lead to a dead end road, literally.  Hope you are feeling better.  Stick around and talk to us~~~sara
As a long ago heavy user and addict of cocaine I am guessing you aren't being totally honest about how often you use the drug. It doesn't matter right this second though. The numbness you are feeling in your hands and the tingling means that your heart is working over time because of the amount of coke in your system. It is also highly possible that you are panicking and causing your body to react this way. Did you OD, probably not as you are able to sit here and type this out and it has been several hours since your last line.

You do need to hydrate yourself and also get some food if you haven't. You are going to feel edgy and nervous for awhile as the drug is definitely still in your system. If you feel ANY chest pains, dizziness, faintness or shortness of breath, you need to hightail it to the ER or call 911.

I don't have to tell you that what you did is stupid. Doing pure coke can be very, very dangerous. You are lucky nothing more happened to you than what you are experiencing now. You need to really think about what you are doing to yourself. It may seem like "fun" now, but  if you continue the way you are, you could end up in a very bad situation and that just isn't worth it, trust me.
Hi there--
I'm a little late to this party! I hope that you are feeling much better now. Did you go to the ER? You needed to. And yes, numbness can be a sign of too much cocaine. Cocaine is a brother/sister to Novocaine--and you know what that does---numbs you for dentist work or localized surgery. The other thing it could possibly be is if you were hyperventilating because of your heart rate and because you were frightened---this causes numbness and tingling of the fingers AND around the mouth, too. If you weren't numb around your lips, it probably wasn't hyperventilation. Honey, stop that stuff, and stop now. I don't know how old you are, but people die from using coke as young as 9 years old--youth and health and strength are no help and no match for the power of cocaine if you get too much. If you are in your 30's--on, it's even worse, because your body has quietly started aging. You lose cardiac and pulmonary capacity over time, and then coke OD's are more likely to be fatal. It's a crummy way to die. PLEASE don't do this again!
I've used many stimulants in excessive ammounts, including coke, and the symptoms you had may have been a smaaall withdrawl (withdrawal) or simply what occurs after railing coke for 20 hours or so

Actually the hospital has a injection that they give you now where it totally takes the high completely away and all those nasty side effects off the high as well.