drug seeking
Hi Everyone!  I am just wondering if anyone can answer a question for me.  When someone is constantly ending up in the ER or the Dr. office are they consciously aware of what they are doing or does their mind actually believe that there is something wrong?  Can anyone share with me their experiences with this?  Thanks in advance!
The only thing that matters is getting more scripts.......the ERS and doctors offices are like a supermarket for drugs........
yes way down deep, very deep the addict knows its wrong but they cannot help themselves in there mind there is only one objective...........
I knew I was doing wrong every time I went in for a script. I couldn't help it though. Or, I could and didn't care.
I did it a couple times, and I know a girlfriend of mine who did it alotta times...

I think I told myself then it was "about the pain"...(as I was in intermittant chronic pain.)  Now I know it was just the addict wanting to get high.. (and was, simply, addicted.)  I just knew I "had to have it."

My buddy knew what she was doing every single time....  
... i just reread what Beach wrote - that's exactly it:  

way down deep, very deep the addict knows its wrong but they cannot help themselves. in there mind there is only one objective....
so there really is pain but you exaggerate it in your head to make it seem worse than it really is?  
there isn't always pain

addicts are great actors as well as liars........
there were times my acting was so great nurses and doctors thought I was dying and they were all in tears..........
some have pain.  some don't.

like i said, i actually had pain, but did not need to do what i did (actually maybe once, but not the other 2x.)  my friend had zero pain.

I know you will agree with me on this even if you had some pain when you were at the ER that little pain got a lot bigger..........