Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
fingers numb and wrist cyst? Off Topic I know
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fingers numb and wrist cyst? Off Topic I know

I dont know if you remember me posting that my left fingers were going numb and tingling but someone was kind enuf to post back to me about it. Well, a few months ago I had a lump on the top of my hand where it meets my wrist and it hurt to move my wrist. My mom told me she had a similar problem years ago and that it was a cyst. She had hers cut out. Mine seemed to go away. Last night it came back and my wrist is killing me, just to bend it or move it hurts. That lump is back. Im wondering if it has anything to do with the numbness or if anyone has experienced the cyst on the wrist (yea Im rhymin' n stealin') thing and if so what did you do about it? Obviously I cant take anything stronger than IBU for it and I havent even done that. Just dont care. I want to feel the pain right now. Reminds me Im alive.
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
honestly honey, i had that - the lump - on my wrist on the underneath years ago.  it finally went away and never came back.

your numbness on your fingers and stuff?  well, if i recall you were online alot yesterday, and it could simply be over-use.

there are some other things that could be goin' on (carpal tunnel, pinched nerve in neck, etc.) that could cause the symptoms your describe, but i wouldn't over-analyze it unless it lasts for WEEKS and/or gets too painful...

wrist guards sometimes help... especially on the computer...

that's my 2 cents.
Blank
thanks. the numbness came weeks ago, and comes and goes, not here right now, just the lump.
Blank
you could try the wrist guards for now, and see if it goes away?
Blank
257844_tn?1191161144
are u talking about a lump/cyst on the inside of the wrist (not on the palm of your hand) like where the wrist meets that palm?  i have that.  i have had it for years.  and yes, it will cause numbness and tingling.  mine is called a ganglion cyst.  i live with it.  i chose not to do surgery.  i had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and were both unsuccessful.  that is my reasoning for not having the cyst removed.  that could be what u have.  do an online search of ganglion cyst and see if it could be that.
Blank
the cyst is on the top of my wrist.
Blank
just wanted to tell you i just looked at your profile and you are so beautiful!
Blank
257844_tn?1191161144
thank you.  but i still think a ganglion cyst can be on the top of the wrist also.  but, i am no doctor.  i wish you well.
Blank
youre right. my moms was in the same place as mine and it was a ganglion.
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Its a ganglion cyst, and surgery sometimes doesn't work, they can come and do often come back.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...