Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
got ambushed

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

got ambushed

By my family. 5 years of hiding. I finally ask for help and support while I'm tapering down. I get ambushed. Trying to force me into a suboxone program that I don't want. I get kicked out of my house. I aint slept in 2 days. And am now sittin on my motorcycle in the middle of a parking lot with no place to go. AWESOME
And for those of u who are going to say that they just love me and that its for the best. Yea they love me but WTF? I thought my parents was the one safe no questions asked place I cud go. And I explicitly told my mother that I did not want suboxone or rehab, just support and love that I cudnt get from my **********wife.
I was better off using in silence
Wow. That sounds rough. Ive been where u are. A lil different situation, but felt just as betrayed. The important thing is that you asked for help. If you been using for 5 years, it might be hard to break the habit on your own. Suboxonne may not be the answer. I have heard that people w/d from sub too. It does help get you out of the symptoms, but u will just have to go thru it later. Rehab works for some, but not for everyone. When I finally agreed to go to rehab, I went stoned everyday and beat the drug tests, only to be facing my problem later, all alone.

I havent seen anyone in my family since 2008, and life gets really lonely. Sometimes I wish I had listened to them.

If you're serious about quitting, you CAN do it on your own, but it wont be easy. Sometimes we need others to hold us accountable for our choices, because, if we could do it ourselves, we wouldnt be where we are now. Right?

Coming here is a good start, there is a lot of support here.

But can I ask, why you dont want rehab??? It may not be a bad move.
Can you tell them that you will accept rehab but not one that uses suboxone?  I think you can only go up from here my friend.  Tell them that you are afraid of becoming addicted to subs and what you have learned about it. Be honest.
Please let us know how you are doing.
I commend you for asking for help, it sounds like you are very close if not at bottom. Only way from here is homeless, or help. Sounds as if you may have tried several attempts at getting clean and your family is all but done. Give them time, meanwhile can you call a state funded detox center for immediate help. This will give you a place to go and get you temporary clean. First things first. A councilor there may be your best advocate in devising a plan to get long ten help for you. Leave your family be and get moving on your recovery. Please let us know the direction you go in. I care.
That's ridiculous. Go back home because it's your house,too. How can you be expected to make an intelligent decision that effects your life when you're living on the streets. It was a crappy thing to do to you!  You're an addict not a murderer!

That said, Sub isn't exactly a horrible idea. Go to some medical sites and read everything you can. Don't just take the word of forums. Sub has helped a lot of people here.  But, just go home. You have a right to be there don't you?
I was under the impression that you were staying at your mother's.  Maybe I was wrong.  If it was your wife that kicked you out I agree with Vicki.  It is your house too and she can't just kick you out.
Also since you are on fentanyl patches, suboxone just may be the answer for you.  You are on a very high dose of opiates and it really could save your life.
Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
Subs saved my life from a high dose lifestyle. It gave me a break, so I could make a plan and get off subs. I'm barely off, but it's much easier than the high dose of opiate detox. As an addict, I am so rebellious, I couldn't make a plan. I just had to do it on my own. When I hit the bottom, it broke my nose, blacked my eye, and made my family hate me. On sub I regained trust from my family and my own ability to make good decisions. Just bearing witness, not giving advice. I lived in the streets of L.A., Bangkok, Hilo, Calcutta, etc...You can do it, but it is to your best interest or another rebel act like me? Please don't take offense, I just want you to know, you are not alone. Good luck and keep us posted.