Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
help?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

help?

I am just now going into withdrawal from methadone and oxy's and I have one pill for the with drawal symptoms can't remember what its called but suppose to block the opiates or something but also takes symptoms away. My question is when should I take this pill? When I'm heavy in the sweats, shakes etc?Has anyone done this?
hummm you have one pill of what mathadone and oxy for withdrawls or one pill of sub .If its sub one pill is not going to help for very long .Not a good idea to get it from the streets either .Have you looked into a sub doctor to help you methadone WD is really bad and it lasts for weeks .
You need to be more specific than "I have one pill" - I am thinking you have a buprenorphine pill - subox / subutex ------  it really doesnt matter much since one pill wont do a thing for you. No candy coating here - the withdrawal from methadone is a monster that takes a lot of time to get over............ look at the right hand side of screen - under health discussions - sadinmichigan has several methadone posts that you should read............ learn as much as you can about this ........ then make a plan and stick with it ....