Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
just want to cheer for neurotin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

just want to cheer for neurotin

I actually think the neurotin has helped by back pain immensly , AND has helped me fall asleep at night w/o as much anxiety as I was tapering off the vics.  Today is the first day with NO vics...a very nice feeling I might add.  I've read no bad long term side effects of this med.  To many of you, maybe it's worth a try?  
I was put on neurontin for nerve damage to my hand.  Only problem is I never took it because I just wanted the pain meds they were giving me.  I have thrown out so many bottles of that stuff.  I still have nerve damage but it only acts up when I use my hand to much.  Go figure it's my right hand and I'm right handed.  Fourtuntly, I don't have to work.  So it doesn't bother me that much right now.  I took it for the first 3 months but couldn't tell a difference.  I was taking a lot of pain meds, so my head was all foggy.  You know what I mean.  So, I can't give any advice on it.  Just wanted to tell you my story.  Congrats on the first day of the rest of your life.  It's awesome you haven't taken any today.  Keep up the good work!!!!
When you say give it a try, do you also mean for withdrawals? I had some that was prescribed for nerve pain but didn't help. I used them for withdrawals and it worked amazingly. I was taking over 25 hydros a day and went cold turkey 10 days ago. I didn't have hardly any withdrawal symptons except for being a bit cold and a tinge of a headache. Other than that, nothing. Keep us posted on how well they help you with your pain and with the withdrawals. Best of luck to you and glad to see it is controlling your back pain!
Brian
i agree with you. i was placed on neurontin in detox and it helped me enornously. good job.
bmc....I thought that it was you that talked about how great neurotin was for your withdrawels.  So yes, I meant for withdrawels, it did help me as well.  But, now that I have no vicodin left, I actually think it is also helping with the back pain.
And northernstar...I just don't know....maybe that neurontin would not have helped me with pain while I was on the vicodin...I never gave it a chance.  I just kept taking my 8 vics a day and didn't want to give anything else a chance either...till I starting reading on this forum.  Then I actually got the courage and info on tapering.  Again, thanks to all.