Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
long term tramadol use

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

long term tramadol use

Hello, I need some help regarding tramadol.I discovered it 8 months ago when a co-worker gave me two for menstrual cramps. I loved the way they rid me of pain and they gave me a sense of "well-being" and energy. I since then, purchased a rx online and have been taking approximately 3-4 50 mg tabs daily. (Usually 5 days per week, I skip 2 days) I'm sure that my body has come to rely on them. I am most concerned with the long term effects on my bodily organs. I would like to know what tramadol can do to my system if I keep taking them regularly. I would never take more than 3-4 daily, and I have no history of addiction.I do not drink or take any other drugs  I just want to make sure that I am not harming my body in any way. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Avatar n tn
I mean this in the nicest way but i think tramadol are worthless. When ever i take them they dont help with pain and i feel like i just took tylenol. I know there are alot of people on here addicted to tramadol so im only speaking for myself. But i have recently spoke to a Docter and he said tramadol are non narcotic and non opoiod but they trigger the part of your brain that opiates trigger. My opinion tramadol is worthless just my opinion though. I guess i could never get addicted to something that is just like tylenol. But on the other hand many on here have horrible withdrawls from tramadol also so they will pry post u and be of more help i am more of a vicoden person myself. All in all good luck to u hope everything works out Lots of luv to u~~~Chros
Let me tell you - and I can't say 100% but:

With past WDs before I started taking Tramadol, I'd be physically ill 2-3 days, and mentally sad for 3-4 -- usually feeling somewhat 'normal' by 5-6.

The last few times I went through WDs, I was also taking Tramadol, to get me from Rx to Rx -- well, I finally stopped both, and it took me almost 13 days before I felt better mentally.

Was this due to Tramadol? *I* think so, but I can't say for sure.

In any case, it effects your Seratonin, and once you stop, your brain is going to have to compensate, it only makes sense that the depression is due to the lack of stimulation.

My suggestion, taper off the Tramadol. -- But I am by no means an expert.