Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
lortab withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

lortab withdrawal

how does one deal with the mental part of withdrawal?( from hydrocodone which i have been using for years, low amt--4/a day)  depression, no self-esteem,social anxiety  etc. started taking wellbutrin about 2 weeks ago.
read alittle of my stuff. gosh i never thought i would be saying that, is gets ssooo much better, what ever you do do not give up. if you do, start over, try try again. i am not complete but i am on the right road. these threads and the help of all the caring people help so much!!!~Dawn
thanks so much for your comment, i need all the advice and support i can get. i sure hope it does get easier and i do  believe in your words. sure not easy going alone. again thank you.
my eye sight and vision is still foggy, man i hate it, its hard to type, as days go by go back and reread what you wrote, i do, and i say, oh man, i feel better today, that is only for me after about 5 or so days i think, i am getting better, i think right now its the vision, and speach, part and i am not as depressed my first week or so i cryed alot and hated myself, now iam sorta feeling alttle proud, but iam not complete, and i know i have to becareful because i have relasped and started over and i would again. one day at a time!!!!
got so depressed today and guess what i gave into those demons, took 2 and man they cause me 2 be more depressed, and do feel like  such a failure. if i could get over the depression i think i might have a chance 2 recover or atleast function, as of now i am unable 2 work d/t the stress/anxiety and feel paranoid. have until the 28th and my leave will be over. like i have stated alone i do feel, scared,Sure hope the wellbutrin will kick in, also bought some L-tyrosine, are u familar with it, and the effects? tks greatly for any encouragement/input.  hope you are hanging in there, better than me. take care
I hope you are ok, yes i am hanging in there, i went to my stepfathers funeral today, taking about depression it was tuff. you know i told you i had the chance to take the advice of the good people on this thread and wean down on my tabs. i was up to 10, 12 or more a day for aleast 4 years, after surgury. i did get a refill on my tabs and started to wean down it    was ssooo hard for over 2 weeks, but i had to turn my meds over to someone to help me. i went from 12 aday to 10, to 7 to 5 to 3 and now i am on 2 1/2 aday this is like day 2 or 3 on 2 1/2. i am not sure because my brain is still foggy and i can go back and read a tread that i wrote a couple of days ago and hardy remember writing it. i tell you the worst for me has been depression, my vision, and my speech. i am getting better with depression, even tho i went to a funeral today of a man i dearly loved i am better than i was last week, please be paient with your self it took awhile to build up that tolorance, and it does take awhile to go down, i will tell you what other people told me " it gets better each day" i didnt believe at first my w/d were so bad, but hang in there please!!! they were so right, each day is better baby steps, baby steps, if you fall get up and try again. i did and it worked who is to say i wont again. i know i have a problem. just like you. that is one great great step for all of us!!! please keep on trying dont dont give up. i will pray for myself and all my friends tonite on these threads. good nite-                                                     Dawn
thanks for the good words and wisdom, they do help much. Dawn
thanks for both of your words and encouragement for this is the hardest battle i have ever "fought"! due 2 a lifetime it seems of using makes it difficult trying to find me.!! now that i am in the "real" world and struggling it sure does help 2 have encouraging words from ppl. you are great!!!!it sure is better to have someone to vent to. tks again
post as much as you want!! it helps me too, it helps me soo much to be able to post to other people who understand. my head is a little clear now and it fells good, but i remember what they say when you forget the pain and how hard it was to quit, you could use again, this did happen to me about one year ago, it is true. Dawn
This is my first time on. I have been in w/d for about two weeks now. I had to reduce my meds everyday until i was out. W/D was very very bad. My friend turned me on to this websit. Thank God!!!! It really helped alot to know i was not the only one with this problem. I have been junked up on lortabs(10-15)a day and Soma (10-15) aday and xanax about the some for about 4 years, I finally came to a point in my life that I had to get off them. No thanks to my doctor who prescribed all this **** to me.Then justleft me to hang out to dry. I have gone cold turkey for about a week now. I still won't drive I am still in a fog my eyes are still unfocused and still a little shakey (shaky) on my feet but feeling better today. I just had to thank all the people going through the same thing out there and had the guts to get help. I am looking forward to getting my life back from the world of addiction. Too many lost days that i can't even remember.Good luck to all of you trying to get clean i will continue to read your posts it really helps alot. Keep God close it will help more than you know.
like all of you i am looking fwd to the day of non-lortab use, on my 2nd day of 2.5mg after a week of 20mg every day, and it is h--l!!! which is not much but since i have done pills for so many years, i just feel so lost, all i want to do is hibernate and cry. i am trying to do this alone, small steps i am taking and tomorrow is the day of no lortab, which do not know why i even take the 2.5, anyway does nothing,just  all in the mind.tks 2 all of u who post, for i do not feel alone or think i am "losing"  it. a bad day for me, just needed 2 "vent", helps 2 get it out. trying to hang in here man tis "tough" good luck and prayers to all of us for we /i need them.
MAN, you have come along way!!!! I am ssoo proud of you. why dont you take 1 aday for awhile then go to 1/2, if you can go with none, you go, great!!! slap your self on the back man you have came along way!!! your friend dawnellen
Hi!  Don't give up!  we are in this together!  be strong, love yourself more, take care of yourself more!  Know that there are many of us getting off/ or just newly off pain meds. at the moment, and we can do it! together!
how are you both doing? day 2 for me of no lortab and man it is AWFUL!!! cravings and depression and being "cold", just pray that i can hang in here alone. tks for all your encouragment as i do need it @ this time. do/did either of you try suboxone, just wondering if it is effective and since i am in the medical profession if my ins. company, and the doctor  would notify my employer and the nurses board  of this claim , for my license will @ state. damn i am in a "fix" but can not blame no one but me,my leave time will soon be over from work, the 28th and i am FREAKING!!!!! hope all the c/t w/d are/ will get better so i can function and do my job. tks for ANY HOPE you might can offer.. GOD BLESS all of us!!!!!!!
Oh, make sure you are eating right, and drinking tons of water, and taking a really good multi vitamin!!
  I am excited for you to get better!!  I feel like **** right now, but all your words are keeping my mind strong!
~Kissy
I have a question. I have been clean of all med now for a few weeks. i had some really good days. The last two days have been really hard again. My body hurts my brain is hammering that it wants a pill. I have been sneezing my head off since I got off the meds. Is this normal. Is there something I can do to help with this. I feel like I am in w/d again and after haveing so many goood days I can't get over feeling bad again.I know I still have lots of work to do to stay clean. I am working on getting healthy again. I need to build my strength up the w/d took alot out of me and i know i have to work on getting  healthy body and mind. Any suggestions to what is going on with me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I feel so let down in myself... I started subutek to get off my 5 a day roxane problem for 3 years... So I went to a local doctor started me on  subs after my 6th one found out pharm put a void on my script because the doctor wasnt licesed to presribe that. so from ther I went thru a tough cold turkey for 4 weeks while working tough and i felt great. occasional mental but got back into my old outdoor activities and fiancee reealized how much sharper i have gotton. well all good comes to an end sometimes and was having some drastic tooth pain and decided at this point one wont hurt me if i swallow it. i was wrong right back on trak with the bad and I am really affraid to go thru the withdrawls again so i am back at step one and really dont know if i can go cold turkey again. or find a lagite prescriber for the subs. any advice would be great thanks.
Start a new question.. you posted on a thread from 2006 and not many will view this. At the top of this page click on BACK TO FORUM then click on POST A QUESTION. You have come to the right place and will receive alot of support and help here.
been cold turkey for 6 days starting to feel better. Just sick what i have done to my family all the money i blew away just stay away from the people that got the drugs for you, and you can get over this . i'm just afraid i have lost my family. thanks randy
I am 17 years old and I've been taking Lortab 10's for about a year and a half now going on 2 years. It all started when my mom gave me half of her lortab tens for cramps then my cramps got so bad I needed the whole ten. I was inlove with them after that and I have been doing it ever since. I hate it though, I'm stealing from my mother when I can't buy them it's really getting bad and she found out I stole them today and she's upset, and I don't blame her. I just don't know what to do. i'm in a recording studio doing my album and I can't go through withdrawls now I can't waste the time in the studio. What do I do? I want to quite these pills but I don't think I can till after my studio time is up. HELP : (
Been on painkillers for ever. FINALLY with a higher power, knew I had to stop...Weaned off slowly...Today is day 2 with none. I went 3 days though taking less than 2.5 once a day...Like I said, I weaned off really slow. Today, the sneezing is driving me nuts and the runny nose...Can anyone relate to that? Suggestions??? Right now I can't breathe, nose all stopped up or I gotta blow!!   Thanks
Hi! If you want you can read my journal entry titled 'my story' and it will tell you how I got through my recovery.  I just posted a question about sneezing because I've been sneezing like crazy and the Dr told me it's a part of opiate withdrawal.  The pills dry everything up in your body so when you get off of them you start to get runny nose, saliva and sweating.  Congrats on your 2nd day, soon to be your third!  It will get better in around 30 days, just hang in there!   TJ
I'm going through exactly what you're going through.  I've been clean for 57 days and went through some really good days in the first month then they got bad again.  I finally thought I was better after 5 weeks but it started over again 4 days ago.  Not so bad though, just leg cramps and insomnia.  Sneezing is part of opiate withdrawal.  I'm still sneezing every day.  But what's happening with you is normal, I don't know what you can do for the sneezing though, just keep taking one day at a time and know that you're getting better.  TJ
i go to groups. may sound funny but it took about 5 months to find a group i was comfort. with. then i got on abilify and see a psyc. every week. i have been clean of heroin,oxcycotin and achol. for 2 1/2 years.i am on methadone and start detoxing from it soon.i got preg. and had to do something asap. thats a long story. if u wanna talk i am here ok. i am more than happy 2 share important info with u!!!! stress and my moody bi~polar is my big trigger. therp. has really helped me! for most people their mental state can, and will keep them on drugs!
I want to get off the lortab 10, but I am so afraid of the detox. Is there a way to slowly take less and less until a person wont go through those terrible detox symptoms? Does anyone know of anything that will help so I can still function. I want to do this by myself at home (I have friends that are supportive) I am up to 10 tabs a day now. I started taking them 1 1/2 years ago. I started with 1/2 tab and it gradually got worse. Now my prescription doesnt last the entire month and I have gotten to the point where I have to have them to function and I am sick and tired of it controlling me.Will my Dr help me? I am afraid to ask him I don't want to go to a detox center at all. Please help!! Jamie47
I started to reduce what I took a little at a time, till I was down to
1/2 pill a day, still have 3 1/2 pills left,  the only time I really have
trouble is with sleeping and leg cramps at night.  I am going to start
taking a natural sleep aid and see if that helps so I can just let those
3 1/2 pills stay in the bottle,  try to cut down at least a half a pill a
day for a week and then increase to 1 pill see if you can do it, it is
not easy but it is so worth it not to be controlled by them let me know
how you do.

Well, I took my last tab at 5 pm yesterday, so here it comes. I got up this morning and it hasn't hit yet but I know it is coming.I already feel lethargic, and some tummy trouble which seems to be normal anymore anyway!! I have muscle relaxers and zanax that I do not abuse. I only abused the lortab. A friend told me that the zanax will be my best friend thru this as I can sleep thru it- what do you think? I only take 1 mg a day of zanax and rarely take muscle relaxers as they make me sleepy- maybe they would help more- I remember the cramping and pain in every joint in my body.I also heard to drink lots of water. I know that it is not going to be easy, I have been thru it twice already. Also I have legit back pain thats why I started taking them and I let it get out of hand for the high. I have heard that after taking so many lortabs that any non narcotic pain reliever wont work. I want to ask my Dr for darvocet n-100 or motrin 800- what do you think? I also want to be honest with him about my taking to much- is that a good idea or not? I don't want to go to a rehab center- I want to do this at home. I have friends that are supportive and will be checking on me. Please write back and let me know what you think- Jamie
Hi Jaime - welcome to the forum!  The detox process definitely gets worse before it gets better... but it does get better.  The zanax could help you thru this but I wouldn't reccommend continuing to take it afterwards, if you can avoid it - do.  You might want to stay away from darvocet as it is also an opiate.  No sense in going thru this to get of the lortabs then get right onto darvocet.  More people should be along shortly - I'm sure they'll have better advice!  Hang in there.
  This is day 9 for me (off lortab 10- 10 a day!!) and today I feel achy muscles and joints, sneezing and runny nose, also very tired. My day 6 was the best, I mean I woke up feeling on top of the world, what happened to that now?? I am back to all the above and have not taken any lortab- an occaisional zanax when I get heart palps. I have a muscle relaxers, but it makes me even more tired, so I quit taking them. My vice now is to have 2-3 corona's at night- I wonder if that's why I feel like I stepped backwards-any body experience that? I just have no energy. I have been eating alot better and drinking lots of fluids. I wan to go back to work so bad but it scares me too. I also have experienced the depression and that is the worst part of it for me because I am such an upbeat person and always happy (even before the pills) I have cried a lot and am so tired of that. I tell myself well don't fell sorry for yourself stupid. I knew what I was doing taking the pills, but that depression is awful. I watch t.v. and any sad thing or song gets to me soooooo bad.I have been trying to stay busy cleaning my house and it's hard with no energy. I lay on the couch sometimes and just wait for time to pass and think about things. I hate this addiction, but I'm day 9 and am determined to beat it. I have had thoughts of calling someone and just get a couple of pills, but didn't give in because of disappointing myself (and others that are supportive of me in my recovery). I had both my numbers changed so that all my pill head friends couldn't tempt me!! Misery loves company you know!! I deleted their numbers in my speed dial also. After taking pills for 1 1/2 years, I wonder how long until normal is here?? I hear 2 weeks, then -I hear 1 month, I also wonder if every persons experience is different. Who knows!!  I just know I am sooooooooooo miserable going through this that if ever in the future I think I want a lortab, I will remind myself of this hell that I have lived in getting over them!!
  Thanks to all who wrote back answers and recomendations, this site actually helps in that I can relate to other people and know that I am not alone in this damned withdrawl (withdrawal). Good luck to all, and remember that you can do it, If I can, everybody should be able to!!
                      Jamie47
Sneezing is all a part of it. Ive been on them 4 years, doctor says I will have to be on them for the rest of my life, but i try to quit sometimes, and sneezing is usually the first thing I notice.
This Lortab nightmare is hell. It's hell because I know I need to get off, but I don't want to. It has come to the point that I can't function normally without them. I am not a stupid person.....I know the consequences. I am a white collar professional, have a wonderful home, expensive car and the best of everything. I don't have "hard times" or financial problems. I live in this nightmare by myself. No One, and I mean NO ONE knows my little secret. I have become quite the "hiding" specialist, carefully placing my "stash" in potted plants, under furniture, articles of clothing, you name it! This is so my husband doesn't find it. If he did, I promise you, DIVORCE! I have come to the conclusion that I am never going to feel normal again, and I daydream about the days that I lived a normal existance. I ran out of my last pill today....I am on 10 mg  at 4 a day. I have 12 days to refill time...... I am trying to come up with a "creative excuse" to get my pharmacy to refill me, but they are not stupid people. Yeah, I fit the profile.....white female, white collar, mid 30's. How am I going to make it through these next 10-12 days?  I have you all beat, by the way. I forgot to mention that I supplement my prescription with 100 more Vicodin that I buy at a cool $700 a month. So, what is that , like 12 a day? I am such a prize.....
I can't stop, and yeah, I know the consequences. I just thought this might make some of you feel MUCH better about your 2-4 a day problem. At least you are not liars. It is mental...but mostly physical. I feel like I will die.....
10..10,s a day...cant function without them...dont know what to do...feell i might die if i don,t have them....help me please
i have been on about 20-30 10's a day and today is my second day cold turkey. Im dealing with the leg cramps and insomnia but the depresion is overwhelming. I feel like I'd rather die than go through this process. Because what if I do and relapse. I kinda feel like I'm going to be a **** up forever. I dont know. Im just going through the motions but I dont feel very optimistic about this at all
Hi, tasha....I've stopped before and I'm about to again.  No matter what anyone says or promises, you're not going to believe them, but you need to trust them.  I've been addicted to Vicodin for 14 years and earlier this year I was off for a whole 6 weeks.

The bad news is that the next 2 or 3 days will be the worst....worse than you felt today.  The good news is that it will get better.....much better.  It will take about 2 weeks (maybe less) to start feeling human again.

I've got a recommendation of some medication that will help you.  It's called Clonidine.  It will be different for different people, but for me it probably cut the withdrawal pain in half.  Now it's only for the physical withdrawal, but that will help you mentally too, because if you feel better physically, you will mentally.  It helped me both ways.  It will allow you to handle the depression.  You won't feel overwhelmed.

I've not had very good luck with meds but Clonidine helped me immensely and is going to again in about a week, where I'll be where you are....again.  Don't worry if you relapse....most people do, but don't use that to relapse, but know if you do, it's not the end of the world.

When I was off the Vics at the 6 week period, I felt.....well not great, but not to bad....I could smile, even laugh.  My downfall was that I was feeling better and I wanted to celebrate and feel even better.  As you know if you haven't taken any opiates for a while and then take them.....Whoa!  Talk about an intense rush of euphoria.  Don't make the same mistake I did and 'celebrate' by way of drugs!

Also, I would encourage you that if there's a way to 'cut' your supply off, then do it.  If a doctor is giving them to you as is my case, tell him/her what's going on.  Yeah, it's going to suck at first but this will help keep you from getting it from your doctor of course.  Sure, you could doctor shop, but that requires you to think and the likelihood of you not doing again.

Going of opiates and probably any addictive drug is like losing a family member or friend.  We actually grieve as if someone close has died.  Just remember, this is temporary and the rewards far outweigh the temporary pain.  I'm writing this to myself as much as you, but I know it's true because I've gone through it enough where I know it gets much better.  I can't wait to be off this **** for a year and see how much better I feel.  You're stronger than you think you are.  

I'm a very emotional person and emotions are good, but sometimes they can lead you astray.  Getting off opiates is one time they're screw with you.  No matter how bad you feel, know that it's the addiction talking and it will go away!
I finally read somthing that I can relate to.  Today is day two, but is it?  I am taking xanex and darvocet, darvocet is like methadone, it is helping me by not letting my legs cramp and your all so on cue about the deppression.  I actually took 120 tramodol about three weeks ago cause I couldn't get any tabs, i ended up in the er for four days, that sucked bad, but i don't want to go through this ****, it is like i take it to be normal....I haven't left my house in two days out of pure fear of people and facing the lights, they really irritate me.   I tried taking allot of darvocets and it made me sick so it's not like the tabs at all.  God Please Help Me.
I have been on Loretabs now for about 2 months, about 8 10mg a day due to an injury to my back (that is still bad, 3 buldged discs)....and my ortho doctor switched me the other day from the Loretabs to Davrocet (which doesn't help my pain at all, it only makes me sleepy)....
Help....should I be honest with the doctor and tell him that the Darvocet just doesn't help?? I don't want to be addicted to pain pills but right now with my buldged discs I am so much pain.....I go to the doctor this afternoon......Omg....I am in so much pain.....I am already having withdrawls from the loretabs (last one I took was yesterday morning) so it's been 24 hours.....sick to my stomach, diherra, and feeling really crappy.......any advise/?
well i think im addicted to lortabs it started off in april of 2008 when my mom was getting percocet for her pain and i started taking them about 2 - aday then after she passed i started taking lortab probably about the same amount 2- aday of the 7.5s then that all ended in january of 09 when i couldnt get the 7.5s so i started taking 5mg 2 aday up until about maybe a month ago i was taking 2- aday of the 5mgs now i only take maybe a half or a whole a day my question is do yall think i will be able to go cold turkey and kinda be ok from the w/ds and how long do they last
I have been taking 10-12 tabs a day for about 4 years.. Today is my 3rd day cold turkey!! I feel like I am dying. Last night I paced the floors all night long, NO sleep at all, diarrhea, Nausea, vomiting, severe leg and back cramps, today it has moved to my upper back, shoulders, head, stomach.. Any help at all in dealing with how long these severe symptoms will last?? PLEASE
i took lortab for 3 years and was up to 8 to 10 a day when i went to rehab.  when i got out i did good for about a year until i went to the dr for a sinus infection and the dr gave me hc cough syrup and the adddiction started again. i started taking lortabs again but only 3 or 4 a day for about 6 months when i decided to stop before it got back to where i was before.  the only thing that got me through it this time was God. im on day 3 which is usually the worst day and i feel great! pray for strength and God will get u through cause the only thing that is making you crave is the devil.
I've always said-   never underestimate the power of prayer
my daughter finally admitted she is addicted to lortab for the third time; this time she has really hit rock bottom with the real possibility of losing her fiance and her finances in a horrible mess; she took money from him as well as us but today admitted all to her psychiatrist and last night to us.....she wants to beat this for the last damn time....how can me and her dad help her best?????? thanx so much for any advice; i am a nurse but still feel so helpless...she takes zoloft, adderall (adderrall), ativan and now has been given a few days of xanax to try to keep the hallucinations at bay.....
You posted on a old thread that may get overlooked. You should start your own thread so it is dedicated to you. At the top of the page click on the green box that says "post a question". You will get so much support from all of the wonderful people here!
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post my experience.

I would switch between Vicoprofen (Vicodon but with Advil) and Lortabs....

I took them for 2-3 short months. I started taking 2 10's a day and then by the last 2-3 weeks was up to 4 a day.

I got off and it has been 9 days. I would say 3 days was painful and symptoms lasted a total of 7 days. I was great on day 4!!!!!!! Then day 5-7 I was bad again. I think because I had some alcohol to cope with pain.

I have never been addicted to anything.. No Cig's, alcohol, drugs, etc....

The only symptoms I had was slight chills, BAD pain, and really deppressed. It was still HELLISH........ (slight craving of drug) That's is gone now. Thank GOD!!!

I did not have diarreah (diarrhea) until yesterday and it is still ongoing.... BUT that is my only symptom... and slight flushing on my face yesterday

Never had any of the following.. NO sneezing, NO vomiting, etc....

Today is heaven.. I feel like I am my old self again! I will never never never take these again... I had relapsed once after only taking them for 3-4 weeks. I could not believe I was addicted.... But my symptoms lasted only 3 days then..

I will not relapse this time, especially because now I am unable to get anymore from my dr.

I have been taking lortab 10--about 5-8 a day for a 1 1/2 year. I want to stop but Im scared of the withdrawals I havent gone a full day without at least one pill since I started taking them for back pain. I get a full prescription tomorrow and I know that if I dont make a step towards stoping soon I wont. -----How do I wing myself off? Take my prescribed amount? Then try taking less? Or just take less everyday??
I have been on percocet 10 for over 3 years due to a car wreck. I have pain in my right hip, right leg, neck. The pain is worse sometimes to the point I have to take an extra pain pill. Bad thing they have me taking 5 per day. I am tired of taking the medication. I need advise on how to take myself off the medication but I am afraid of the effects it will cause. I can not afford to lay up in bed. If I do achieve getting off the meds is there any possibility that my pain will be controllable? What can I expect as I come off the meds as far as the side effects? Is there any meds that I can take to make things go easier? Because of major panic attacks my doctor has me on klonipin (klonopin) twice a day plus ambien 10 mg for my chronic insomia. You see I am under a lot of stress. I lost my sister and brother 99 days apart (age 42 & 44), my mother in law is starting to have dementia, I run a business for someone, will start school in  Jan 2011, my husband is a minister, my daughter and sons have kids and always expect me to take cae of things the kids nee(if I don't the kids do with out, we ae not talking about toys) I just eel doomed. I do not want to live like this. It is not a life to live. Can someone help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I was wondering if 2 lortabs daily for a week, is harming me in any way???
You should go to the top of screen and click on New Post. This one is from 2006. You will get alot more feedback if you do this. Why are you taking them? Have you had a procedure? There are many variables..are you in much pain..etc..  By reading here I have come to understand that anyone who uses narcotics/opiates for an extended length of time will become dependant on them...and if you are addicted (need more and more..chasing a high) it doesnt matter, there is no difference between addicted/dependant because if you are trying to stop using the withdrawals are the same. So, as soon as you can..get off them. Try something OTC..see if that helps the pain. Im going in blind here because I don't know your situation..there is a pain management site for those with long term excruciating pain..I just get the feeling that is not the issue for you. I wish you the best..and would not wish w/d symptoms on anyone...they are awful.
i was just on them only for week, due to migraine, but have no intentions of taking anymore because it was a temporary problem....
Hi, All. It's 5:12 AM CST and today will be my fourth full day without lortabs. I started in 2005 following severe back pain after having given birth to a (beautiful!) baby girl. I quickly progressed from 3-4 per day to upwards of 20-30 10/500mg lortabs every day. I have attempted detox on my own three or four times to no avail, I don't think I ever made it past day two. I have to say, this time has been no means "easy" but nowhere near as terrible as the first few times. Tiredness, sneezing, mild RLS. I have loaded myself with water (NO theravitamin) The only real lingering side effect I'm experiencing is "head-fuzziness." I expect that by day five-seven I should be feeling pretty well on my way to normal, aside from the cravings. This is in no way meant to be taken as a typical detox, but I did want to put it out there in case some were considering withdrawing might have been scared off by the doom-and-gloom of the "prepare yourself for a two-three week flu." I was a detox nurse for several years, and one point many made is very true - no two detoxes are alike. What may take one person no time can take the next two weeks. Feel free to contact me with any questions. best of luck on your journey!!!
today is day 2 without any loratabs and somas...i feel horrible...ive been trying to think of different ways to get money so i can get some more...i have been taking about 10 tabs and 10 somas a day for the past 9 years....i am really ready to quit and stop letting these demons hold me down..ive wasted numerous amounts of money on this habbit and ive even stole money for my addiction...i feel like a loser and im ready to be opiate free