Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
numbness in lips

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

numbness in lips

what it is, my lips on my face keep going numb on the top and bottom.
Can you be more specific...........like whats going on with you?  what's your story.

Nauty...........
Avatar n tn
That poses a question I have had for a while.  Does the drug store itself in your fat tissue?  The reason I ask is that over the years when I was taking I would have slight numbness in face and lips.  It seemed to generally happen when I hadn't eaten for quite a while.  That also happened to me one time the day after having out patient surgery.  At that time I was not on any drugs but I had recieved a general anesthetic.  Again, a very empty stomache.  
When I use a large amount of hydrocodone, my face ,specially my nose and eyes, itches tremendously.  I also turn red and my lips swell.  Does this happen to anyone else?